Options

* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    Huge NFC East game for first on Sunday night. Can't wait!

i will be there...with bells on.

temps gonna be in the 40's come game time....love this time of year--GO BIRDS!
    Have fun! Go Big Blue!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,504
    finally the byes are over and there is a distinct chill in the air....should be a good day gentlemen
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Best of luck in the big NFC East matchup, boys.

Woo! Today's the day! Time to kick some inbred Manning ass. I hate his guts. I actually despise Eli less, despite the fact he ripped my heart out 3 years ago. F Peyton. Go be a bad teammate and throw your O-line under the bus again.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    finally the byes are over and there is a distinct chill in the air....should be a good day gentlemen

Did you say that in your John Facenda voice ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Best of luck in the big NFC East matchup, boys.

Woo! Today's the day! Time to kick some inbred Manning ass. I hate his guts. I actually despise Eli less, despite the fact he ripped my heart out 3 years ago. F Peyton. Go be a bad teammate and throw your O-line under the bus again.
    Go Giants!

But sorry dude, I have to go with Peyton. I have him on my fantasy team and I need the points.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

Just think in the next CBA the NFL would like to have two by weeks in a season. Unreal!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,282
    so which matchup is bigger

Patriots vs Colts or Eagles vs Giants?

being a philly fan got to go with the latter ;) GO EAGLES!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Both big games only difference in the Eagles vs Giants game it's a division rival game. That alone makes it a bigger game. Just the same go.....

ab952bf5.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Giants fan so you know what my answer is. It's a division game against the rival Eagles and it's for first place.
  • Options
    Big game for Greg Jennings. 35 points from him in fantasy.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Newch91 wrote:
    Big game for Greg Jennings. 35 points from him in fantasy.

Hell yeah! Suck it Favre. Vikes are done, love it! I think as of right now Mike McCarthy has to be the NFL coach of the year. We are tied for 1st and contol our own destiny for homefield, all this despite a ton of injuries.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    :lol: Great decisions today, Peyton. You sure are better than Brady.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673
    Newch91 wrote:
    Huge NFC East game for first on Sunday night. Can't wait!

i will be there...with bells on.

temps gonna be in the 40's come game time....love this time of year--GO BIRDS!
    the jeagler is at least half in the bag already :shh:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Oh yeah, no doubt about that. This game is so big, even I'm watching it.
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Oh yeah, no doubt about that. This game is so big, even I'm watching it.

Me TOO, this Michael Vick story is getting crazy. He just can't be that good.

Peace

• Options
    Go Giants!
  • Options
    Wow, Eli really is stupid. I just liked making jokes about his intelligence because I was still mad he robbed us of history a few years ago. But man, there's no other way to describe yesterday's fumble. He's gotta be the dumbest successful QB in history.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Wow, Eli really is stupid. I just liked making jokes about his intelligence because I was still mad he robbed us of history a few years ago. But man, there's no other way to describe yesterday's fumble. He's gotta be the dumbest successful QB in history.

jim_mcmahon.jpg
  • Options

asante samuel owns the manning family. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I read where Bill Simmons referred to Rothlisberger as 'The white mamba'. Laughed my ass off with the comparison to Kobe.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Yeah D-man, you're right. McMahon sure was stupid.

Jeags, I do miss my boy Samuel (or as Phil Simms famously calls him, Samuels). Don't get me wrong, I love our hungry young defense, especially in light of the de-pantsing they gave Peyton yesterday, but I miss Asante.
  • Options
    Yeah D-man, you're right. McMahon sure was stupid.

Jeags, I do miss my boy Samuel (or as Phil Simms famously calls him, Samuels). Don't get me wrong, I love our hungry young defense, especially in light of the de-pantsing they gave Peyton yesterday, but I miss Asante.

he gets so much flack here because of his tackling or lack there of.....but the guy is one of the top 3 corners in all of football.........seems to come up huge in a big games too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That was a great Super Bowl. My favorite.

Eli did the exact same thing against Philly last year.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Come on man, even as a Giants fan you have to admit, especially since he did the same thing last year, that Eli makes HORRIBLE decisions...right? I mean, good for them that they beat the Pats a few years ago, but shit, he's either gotta smarten up or be crucified by the fanbase in the tri-state area.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Come on man, even as a Giants fan you have to admit, especially since he did the same thing last year, that Eli makes HORRIBLE decisions...right? I mean, good for them that they beat the Pats a few years ago, but shit, he's either gotta smarten up or be crucified by the fanbase in the tri-state area.
    You probably don't understand it or you probably do, but we've come to expect this sort of thing from Eli. We're immuned to it. It's nothing new to us.
  • Options
    Fair enough. As long as you guys are aware of how much he's killing you guys. They should just trade Eli for Ryan Fitzpatrick straight-up. Now there's a long-term recipe for success. That kid is the football version of Einstein.
  • Options
    Fair enough. As long as you guys are aware of how much he's killing you guys. They should just trade Eli for Ryan Fitzpatrick straight-up. Now there's a long-term recipe for success. That kid is the football version of Einstein.
    We're fine with Eli.
  • Options
    congratulations leslie frazier.....now you're faced with the task of possibly ending brett farve's consecutive start streak and, essentially, his career.

wow--what a rough way to start your head coaching career :shock: :lol:

sucks to be a vikings fan right now
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    just because you don't win doesn't mean you're a bad coach. -- jon gruden

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    just because you don't win doesn't mean you're a bad coach. -- jon gruden

:lol::lol::lol:

Unless you're Josh McDaniels. Sheesh.
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
This discussion has been closed.