Options

* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Options
    Marv Lewis makes Norv Turner look like Bill Walsh.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,543
    Bottom line, Jeagler: Brady's awesome

Couple thoughts on the early games:
    Wild end to that NO-Cinci game. Sean Payton just out-Belichick-ed Marvin Lewis at the end.
    Another wildly underwhelming game for Chris Johnson. The Titans suck.
    Big game for the Giants D...do you think Coughlin told Eli "Seriously, just don't fuck anything up today and we'll win by 4 TDs."?
    And Chad Henne is pathetic.

lot of underwhelming games thus far. tonight and tomorrow will be fun though.

underdogs off and running in the 4's...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaable guy! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    love the old school tampa bay jerseys...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    old school defensive battle tonight
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    old school defensive battle tonight
    yes it was. Have to say I'm pleased with the result!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    prior to yesterday the falcons had gone 4 straight games without a turnover. they would have been the first team since 1970 to make it 5 games but had 2 to's yesterday.....this team is pretty damn good. you win the turnover battle, you're gonna win a lot of games.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    prior to yesterday the falcons had gone 4 straight games without a turnover. they would have been the first team since 1970 to make it 5 games but had 2 to's yesterday.....this team is pretty damn good. you win the turnover battle, you're gonna win a lot of games.
    Be honest Jeags, how would our boy Vick&Co. fare tomorrow in a road game against Atlanta? Do you objectively think this Eagles team is better than the Falcons?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Be honest Jeags, how would our boy Vick&Co. fare tomorrow in a road game against Atlanta? Do you objectively think this Eagles team is better than the Falcons?

The Falcons are NO joke, they are for real. That said the PATRIOTS will win tonight, I hope it snows.

Trivia....How many teams in the NFL have LETTER or LETTERS on their helmet logo?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Trivia....How many teams in the NFL have LETTER or LETTERS on their helmet logo?
    This might be a trick question from our friend g under p here, guys.

Steelers
    Jets
    49ers
    Packers
    Titans
    Raiders
    NY Giants
    Ravens
    Bears

And the Texans logo is in the shape of a T, and the Falcons logo is a bird, but its in the shape of an F...not sure if your counting those...

Did I miss any?
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    This might be a trick question from our friend g under p here, guys.

Steelers
    Jets
    49ers
    Packers
    Titans
    Raiders
    NY Giants
    Ravens
    Bears

And the Texans logo is in the shape of a T, and the Falcons logo is a bird, but its in the shape of an F...not sure if your counting those...

Did I miss any?

Very good however in ALL my years I never ever thought of the Falcons logo was in the shape of a F and the Texans too. I surely didn't have either on the list.

There's one missing and we had an argument about it with long time fans on the team UNTIL they took a closer look at their team's logo. None of them knew their was a letter on that team's logo. I'll hold out till you get that one.

BTW you missed the the Kansas City Chiefs

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    The Dolphins have a "M" on their helmets I think.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

BINGO!

• Options
    g under p wrote:

BINGO!
    Ah, yes they do. I should know that, seeing Ace Ventura as many times as I have. Nice one steelerfan. Congrats on the big win last night. I watched every minute. Pittsburgh is by far the most physical and tough team in the league. Brady&Co are the best, and we'll own you guys again in the playoffs, but the Steelers never cease to amaze me. Just a great team.

Do we seriously need to wait 6 more hours for this game tonight?
  • Options

i think we'd beat them here but probably lose in the georgia dome. matty ice is money down there. take them out in the cold weather at the linc, though, it will be a different story.

would make for an awesomely intriguing story line with vick coming home for a playoff game though. yes, "awesomely intriguing."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    BINGO!
    Ah, yes they do. I should know that, seeing Ace Ventura as many times as I have. Nice one steelerfan. Congrats on the big win last night. I watched every minute. Pittsburgh is by far the most physical and tough team in the league. Brady&Co are the best, and we'll own you guys again in the playoffs, but the Steelers never cease to amaze me. Just a great team.

i gotta work till 10 :x .......rates are up and nobody's calling in though---i gotta find a way to leave early. don't want to miss this one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

BINGO!

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

have you ever checked out that site? i love little uniform quirks and stuff. this blog covers them all.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josh mcdaniels fired. :lol:

that organization is in disaray....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    josh mcdaniels fired. :lol:

that organization is in disaray....
    :lol::lol: Really?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The bastard child of the Belichick/Parcells coaching tree.
  • Options

No one from the Belichick coaching tree has been successful (yet) in the NFL, right?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

No one from the Belichick coaching tree has been successful (yet) in the NFL, right?

isn't he the only one to be a head coach? weiss and romeo never were head coaches. gotta be someone i am missing....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

isn't he the only one to be a head coach? weiss and romeo never were head coaches. gotta be someone i am missing....

Some reason I was thinking Weiss had a short head coaching stint in the NFL... but Romeo was a coach (Browns), Mangini... Saban....
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

Some reason I was thinking Weiss had a short head coaching stint in the NFL... but Romeo was a coach (Browns), Mangini... Saban....

yup. you are totallly right. mangenious is the best of that bunch...yikes.

i forgot saban had ties to belichick
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

mcdaniels, mangini

the jets are garbage. can't wait to bet against spanish leinart in the playoffs
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    charlie was the HC at ND. that worked out well
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    have the patriots ever not been prepared to play in a big game? like, ever?

the names change but this team remains a machine year in, year out......plus they have about a million draft picks to bolster their defense next year. good lord!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

the names change but this team remains a machine year in, year out......plus they have about a million draft picks to bolster their defense next year. good lord!

you must not remember the ravens DESTROYING them in the playoffs
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ah yes. one time. :lol:

i did forget about that one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ah yes. one time. :lol:

i did forget about that one.

In NE too. I agree with you...that game was an aberration. Brady is such a beast.

Pats are a tough team not to like. No name defense and a bunch of little white guys running around making plays on offense. Not saying I'm a fan, but they are fun to watch.

I am thoroughly enjoying watching rex ryan get his ass kicked. Especially by guys like danny woodhead, who he cut
This discussion has been closed.