Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i liked the standoff between the " new " Irish guy , and Richard Harrow in the alley .( Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston, Angelica Hustons nephew---who knew ? )

The writing is so good on this show, I felt the tension in that scene.

Cant wait for Sunday nights all over again.

That was a great scene, I have a feeling the Irish guy is going to go crazy when things start to go down.

Glad it has already been pciked up for season 3.

Yeah, it looks like Nucky has himself a new enforcer w/ this Irish dude...Owen I think his name is???

I think so. Also, the scene where he was telling Nucky that his talents are being wasted and if he did not know why he needed him, Nucky's problems are worse than he thought was awesome.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    alltho they were on opposite ends,
    the ( Owen? ) guy had a connection with Richard Harrow
    strictly for the fact that he was a war veteran .
    i think they may actually team up wayyyy down the road somewhere,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,471
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    alltho they were on opposite ends,
    the ( Owen? ) guy had a connection with Richard Harrow
    strictly for the fact that he was a war veteran .
    i think they may actually team up wayyyy down the road somewhere,....

i was thinking the same thing.

earlier in the show al capone made a disparaging remark to harrow and the camera lingered on him for a few seconds to make it seem like it hurt his feelings or something.

that reminds me. that scene where jimmy helped his son tie his shows with al looking on was good too. remember we learned al's son was deaf last year and it was jimmy who figured it out?

lot of layers to this show...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i liked the standoff between the " new " Irish guy , and Richard Harrow in the alley .( Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston, Angelica Hustons nephew---who knew ? )

The writing is so good on this show, I felt the tension in that scene.

Cant wait for Sunday nights all over again.

That was a great scene, I have a feeling the Irish guy is going to go crazy when things start to go down.

Glad it has already been pciked up for season 3.

Yeah, it looks like Nucky has himself a new enforcer w/ this Irish dude...Owen I think his name is???

the new irish dude's name is Owen? are you sure it's not 'Oh Mo Dhia...he's so fucking hot!' ;) :P
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    another good episode.......the ending with Gretchen Mol slapping the crap out of the stroke-stricken Commodore was pretty, um.....crazy!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Lizard wrote:
    another good episode.......the ending with Gretchen Mol slapping the crap out of the stroke-stricken Commodore was pretty, um.....crazy!!!

uhh,did you watch next week's episode on hbogo or something? i dont recall this happening
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

uhh,did you watch next week's episode on hbogo or something? i dont recall this happening

No....i recorded it from Sunday night and watched it last night!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ohhhhhhhhhh my fault...totally forgot to watch sunday's episode. sorry!
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    that's ok...i was a little worried i hallucinated that !!! :lol:
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Margaret is such an interesting and complex character. The actress that plays her (not sure of her name) does an excellent job of showing the inner struggle and angst that Margaret is dealing with.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

That was great, she obviously had been waiting for that moment for a while. And I liked the scene at Chalky's dinner table, felt bad for him when he was out whittling his stick while the rest of the family is inside. "Omar" is just a gangster at heart.
  • Options
    Margaret is such an interesting and complex character. The actress that plays her (not sure of her name) does an excellent job of showing the inner struggle and angst that Margaret is dealing with.

agreed....her character gets more intriguing with each episode. kelly macdonald is the name of the actress that plays maragret. her acting in this role is truly excellent...especially given that ms. macdonald is actually scottish
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

That was great, she obviously had been waiting for that moment for a while. And I liked the scene at Chalky's dinner table, felt bad for him when he was out whittling his stick while the rest of the family is inside. "Omar" is just a gangster at heart.
    Lol. Love Omar. I like beans and rice too. His wife shoulda made it.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

that's one uppity shine

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    finally saw this late last night- very good show. some observations:

chalky doesnt belong in that family...the man cant even read...

margaret is really acting her ass off this season....very complex indeed...i wonder what she is staching the money for- to help nucky in an emergency or to make a quick gettaway?

every week, this show just gives you enough violence satiate the viewer. a few weeks ago, it was the throat slashing scene with pitt's character...this week, it was the explosion at the rival's warehouse full of hootch

im liking this irish lad more and more...he's really gonna help nucky's cause as the commedore's push to be a major playing fades away like his health.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

margaret is really acting her ass off this season....very complex indeed...i wonder what she is staching the money for- to help nucky in an emergency or to make a quick gettaway?

every week, this show just gives you enough violence satiate the viewer. a few weeks ago, it was the throat slashing scene with pitt's character...this week, it was the explosion at the rival's warehouse full of hootch

im liking this irish lad more and more...he's really gonna help nucky's cause as the commedore's push to be a major playing fades away like his health.

i think she's anticipating nucky going to jail. she's keeping that for herself.

nice amount of boobies this week too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264

I think there are a lot of reasons she could be stashing that money. She may be doing it as a security blanket as it seems she thinks Nucky is in a lot of trouble. I also thought maybe she's saving it for some sort of reunion with the family kind of thing....either she goes to see them or she has them come to see her?
    Maybe she's just loving the lifestyle right now too and wants more of that money for her. She cut the maid's salary despite Nucky promising the raise too. Maybe she's dipping in to those funds...

Last year, her character kind of bugged me. I think she's fantastic now!!

I can't wait to see the reaction from people when they learn their warehouse got destroyed!!

Jimmy's mom is f'n HOT as hell! I could go for some of that! :D
  • Options
    jimmy's mom is hot but she looks so young to be his mom...and she kissed her own son on the lips...i dont know if thats hot or disgusting :lol:
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    jimmy's mom is hot but she looks so young to be his mom...and she kissed her own son on the lips...i dont know if thats hot or disgusting :lol:

Yeah, it seems pretty clear she has a "thing" for him beyond the motherly love. :lol:
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Ya and the freak said last week she used to kiss him on his junk when he was a baby. Jimmys wife looked at her like she was fucking nuts.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    what did jimmy mean when he told harrow they didn't need to make that trip to philly tomorrow?

did that have anything to do with rothstein making luciano and the other guy deliver nucky's booze? were they going to steal it for nucky?

nothing ended up happening with that and i didn't see anything in the preview
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    what did jimmy mean when he told harrow they didn't need to make that trip to philly tomorrow?

did that have anything to do with rothstein making luciano and the other guy deliver nucky's booze? were they going to steal it for nucky?

good observation...at the end of thepreview for next week, they showed jimmy taking a body to the corn fields..i think he's gonna kill luciano's partner..as payback for the explosion
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

good observation...at the end of thepreview for next week, they showed jimmy taking a body to the corn fields..i think he's gonna kill luciano's partner..as payback for the explosion

the irish dude was the one the caused the explosion. he did that for nucky.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, but is there any reason for anyone to assume Nucky had any part in that?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, but is there any reason for anyone to assume Nucky had any part in that?

well, last week the irish dude messed up that delivery with harrow. isn't it assumed that there's a sort of war between nuck and jimmy/eli/commodor at this point?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

...the whores from philly :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Some good stuff last night. Looks like it is all about to go down between Nucky and Jimmy.
  • Options
    very good stuff...nucky's bro has lost his mind...dude is gonna get it Fredo style...

one complaint...too much harrow in thie episode...wouldve liked to see him wiped off the show...just pull the trigger man...who cares about your mask when your brain are about to be splattered? :lol:
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    very good stuff...nucky's bro has lost his mind...dude is gonna get it Fredo style...

one complaint...too much harrow in thie episode...wouldve liked to see him wiped off the show...just pull the trigger man...who cares about your mask when your brain are about to be splattered? :lol:

i kind of enjoyed it. he's an interesting character.
    chinese-happy.jpg