Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mca47 wrote:
    do you guys watch either dexter or homeland?

i find it difficult to go from this show to one of those right away. there's so much to digest in one episode. i feel like i need a little break before jumping right into the next show.

nice to have such quality programming on these days though.

Yeah, I rarely get a chance to watch Dexter, Boardwalk and Homeland on Sundays but I DVR them. I typically watch Dexter first, then Homeland then Boardwalk.
    I love all three shows, but I've been saving the best for last. ;)

I do the same....I usually watch Dexter and Homeland on Sunday night, then save Boardwalk Empire for Monday nights. It gives me something to look forward to on my shitty Mondays. I'm also watching the walking dead and hell on wheels which ar eboth on Sunday nights too. Thank god for DVR.
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    yeah, definitely something going on with the kid.
    I love this show. an amazing cast portraying great characters in a HBO production. what more do you need?!

and Jimmy's wife was an interesting character but it's even more interesting to see what Jimmy does now. I thought it wasn't the smartest of Manny to kill her since now he's dead for sure. he should've just waited till he got to Jimmy.

Manny is fucking crazy...he's not afraid of Jimmy.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Yarden wrote:
    yeah, definitely something going on with the kid.
    I love this show. an amazing cast portraying great characters in a HBO production. what more do you need?!

and Jimmy's wife was an interesting character but it's even more interesting to see what Jimmy does now. I thought it wasn't the smartest of Manny to kill her since now he's dead for sure. he should've just waited till he got to Jimmy.

Manny is fucking crazy...he's not afraid of Jimmy.

For some reason, I can see Harrow being more upset than Jimmy.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Killing Darmody's wife? That was some cold blooded shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMuXwdUS_Lc

I hope Darmody goes medieval on Manny.
  • Options

Definitely. I can see Harrow just going completely off the rails when they find out what happened to Jimmy's wife...
  • Options
    I think we've seen the end of Jimmy being "soft." Manny is going down.

and yeah, Harrow has been built up as a guy that paradoxically loves his friends like family yet will savagely fuck you up if you cross him or his loved ones. It'll be interesting to see who gets Manny.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

Ding, ding, ding! I will hate to see Manny go because I love his character (I love how he refuses to stop calling Jimmy "Boychuk") but I have a feeling the meat cleaver to the head is gonna seem soft compared to what Jimmy and Harrow do to him. I wonder where Jimmy's kid was during all of this though.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I wonder where Jimmy's kid was during all of this though.

I was wondering that too....I was expecting the kid to walk in the room and for Manny to blast him too.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Ding, ding, ding! I will hate to see Manny go because I love his character (I love how he refuses to stop calling Jimmy "Boychuk") but I have a feeling the meat cleaver to the head is gonna seem soft compared to what Jimmy and Harrow do to him. I wonder where Jimmy's kid was during all of this though.

Earlier in the episode, They said he was at someones parents I think? maybe Jimmy's wife?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Earlier in the episode, They said he was at someones parents I think? maybe Jimmy's wife?

Oh yeah...good call. It's almost like the writers are trying to 86 all the kids. :lol:
    One has polio, the other looks like he might be a firebug, and the 3rd has a crazy butcher after him.
    I guess the production crew are tired of working with child actors :lol:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    pretty good history of jimmy's character tonight. also some more insight into his relationship with his mother. i liked the way it started and ended with his wife saying "jimmy i have to go."

i had the feeling when harrow walked into the bedroom and saw the blood that he would put his fingers in it. he may be more devastated and angry over what happend than jimmy is.

also good stuff with van alden tonight. he does not see his parents. is he joining the dark side? i think he is morally compromised now. i remember him feeling guilty and flogging his back after having sex with the mother of his daughter, yet no such self punishment here lately.

seems like most of the major characters are all in some serious legal trouble.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    i hate jimmy's mom. evil, conniving bitch.

only 2 episodes left or 3? my dvr stopped before the preview came on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

yes she is. look what she had jimmy do to the commodore.

next sunday is the finale. i predict some serious series-altering things going down... and i can't wait.... :geek:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    How many more years until Jimmy's mom bangs her grandson? I was really hoping Jimmy got off of her.
    What do you call a "walk of shame" after you bang your son? Maybe a Boardwalk of shame?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    How many more years until Jimmy's mom bangs her grandson? I was really hoping Jimmy got off of her.
    What do you call a "walk of shame" after you bang your son? Maybe a Boardwalk of shame?

It was a train wreck, you want to look away, but could not.

Can't wait to see what happens next week.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    JK_Livin wrote:

does jimmy kill his mom eventually? :think:
  • Options

Yeah, my DVR stopped too and didnt see the previews. I hate when that happens.

Jimmy's Mom is fucking nuts. That was really disturbing.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

does jimmy kill his mom eventually? :think:

I don't know, I think he loves her in a twisted way. But he is really messed up in the head.
    Can't wait to see what Harrow does to Horvitz. Harrow was pissed about Jimmy's wife.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Any one else notice how Jimmy's mom, wtf is her name?, was getting off when Jimmy beat his teacher up?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So lasts nights episode???
    WEIRD! SICK! Fuuuuucked up.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Last night's episode was a motherfucker, eh?
  • Options
    Can't wait to see what Harrow does to Horvitz. Harrow was pissed about Jimmy's wife.
    i think harrow was more traumatized and hurt than angry. he thought very highly of her. i think she was the only one he felt he could be himself around. like when she drew him without his mask.

• Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    pretty much every character on the show is messed up because of their parents..
    i thought the way they made jimmy be in bed with his mother was kinda ridiculous.. i mean, he helped her get in the bed, why did he get on top of her?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Any one else notice how Jimmy's mom, wtf is her name?, was getting off when Jimmy beat his teacher up?

yup. she is a twisted bitch
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Last night's episode was a motherfucker, eh?

:)
  • Options
    i think harrow was more traumatized and hurt than angry. he thought very highly of her. i think she was the only one he felt he could be himself around. like when she drew him without his mask.

He loved her. He wanted what Jimmy had. He is gonna fuck Horvitz uuuup.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options

He loved her. He wanted what Jimmy had. He is gonna fuck Horvitz uuuup.

i kind of hope the Jew destroys harrow. i dont like harrow's character- very twisted and fucked up.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    JK_Livin wrote:

Exactly...I was saying "no...no...don't...." but they did. :?

I thought it was funny how Nucky was questioning that story about heaven and hell with the long spoons...why don't they just hold closer to the spoon part. Hahaaa.

Finally......is Nucky's brother ever gonna get in trouble for killing that guy he killed in his garage? hmmmm
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Finally......is Nucky's brother ever gonna get in trouble for killing that guy he killed in his garage? hmmmm

if nuck's brother goes free on the charges against mrs. shroder's husband, they will get him on the ward boss' murder...

wasnt there a guy that came over to help him move the body? i wonder if that guy will squeel?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Fantastic episode!
    I loved how they went back into Jimmy's history. Beyond f'ed up with his mom, but I kinda had a suspicion that something happened in the past between them.
    I can't wait for Sunday!!!