Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    !!!!!!!!!!!! I totally forgot this was on last night!!! HBO needs to stop having awesome shows on during football games.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Davidtrios wrote:
    that fbi agent is more evil than the nj/chi/nyc mobsters!

Yeah, I love Nelson's character. Such a strange, and creepy dude.
    The complexity of each character is so beautifully depicted in this show.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,471
    jimmy's mom is pretty fucked up huh? she kissed his "weiny" when he was a baby? :o :? :lol:

doesn't it seem like literally everyone is plotting against nucky? how can he possibly come back from this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    jimmy's mom is pretty fucked up huh? she kissed his "weiny" when he was a baby? :o :? :lol:

doesn't it seem like literally everyone is plotting against nucky? how can he possibly come back from this?

ya, what the fuck was that? what twisted writer would say to himself, "we gotta have this line in the show!"
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

ya, what the fuck was that? what twisted writer would say to himself, "we gotta have this line in the show!"

if pearl jam existed during prohibtion maybe jimmy would relate to some of ed's early lyrics. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I honestly forgot that his mom was his mom in that first scene. He kissed her on the lips before kissing his wife. At first I though..."way to go Jimmy!" then realized "oh that's right....that's his MOM!"

Def. MILF! ;):lol:
  • Options

Either the "colored folks" or the KKK will be on his side... depending on who he decides is going to be his best ally.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    I thought the transition from Nucky speaking in the black church to him speaking in the white church was brilliantly done. Nucky is a true politician! :lol:
  • Options
    bennett13 wrote:
    I thought the transition from Nucky speaking in the black church to him speaking in the white church was brilliantly done. Nucky is a true politician! :lol:

...what a fucking snake :lol:

i agree with mamasan....fucking sunday nights. football, boardwalk, dexter, and this new homeland show looks pretty awesome too. family guy too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    bennett13 wrote:

...what a fucking snake :lol:

i agree with mamasan....fucking sunday nights. football, boardwalk, dexter, and this new homeland show looks pretty awesome too. family guy too.

I know...tough night. Thank god for DVR. What the hell did we ever do without it??
  • Options
    bennett13 wrote:

Yeah, it took me a second to realize that transition. I heard the words and thought "WTF?" then then showed the crowd. :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    bennett13 wrote:

That was a great scene.

Overall, I thought it was a solid episode to set up this seasons story lines.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bennett13 wrote:

That was a great scene.

Overall, I thought it was a solid episode to set up this seasons story lines.

Definitely a solid start to the season. Everyone is going after Nucky! Should be interesting...
  • Options
    Really surprised to not see comments on the last show.

That was fan-tastic!

Nuck's girl is becoming quite the "ally"!

What a great f'n show!!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Really surprised to not see comments on the last show.

That was fan-tastic!

Nuck's girl is becoming quite the "ally"!

What a great f'n show!!

Yeah, a lot happened in the first two episodes for this season. Seems it is about to hit the fan.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    best show on tv imo

next episode looks like it will be a great one!
  • Options
    great episode...the best part was when nucky went to his office and didnt even know his receptionist's name :lol:
  • Options
    This is shaping up to be an awesome season. Looks like Rothstein in NY is going to be facing the same type of problems as Nucky. I wonder if they will form some type of alliance? Nice work by Margaret talking her way into NUcky's spot at the Ritz and getting the ledger. What is w/ the commodore's hair??? He looks ridiculous!
  • Options
    This is shaping up to be an awesome season. Looks like Rothstein in NY is going to be facing the same type of problems as Nucky. I wonder if they will form some type of alliance? Nice work by Margaret talking her way into NUcky's spot at the Ritz and getting the ledger. What is w/ the commodore's hair??? He looks ridiculous!

he is trying to get back to his youth or he fell in a pool of shoe polish :D

ff4d73ffa82e447f3923e255e3bca1d3-sc.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

he is trying to get back to his youth or he fell in a pool of shoe polish :D
    ]

:lol::lol: That was the line I was trying to think of.
  • Options
    the scene with rothstein, the italian dude, and lucky and the other guy was phenomenal.

great episode this week.

peggy rowan.....i'm guessing that is margarett right? her family thinks she's dead? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome episode!!!

This show is just so damned good!!!
  • Options
    the scene with rothstein, the italian dude, and lucky and the other guy was phenomenal.

great episode this week.

peggy rowan.....i'm guessing that is margarett right? her family thinks she's dead? :?

can someone explain who that irish guy is and his role on the show?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

great episode this week.

can someone explain who that irish guy is and his role on the show?

in last week's episode some irish politician came to visit nucky for something. money i guess. this guy was his security/muscle. i think partly in return for nucky's money, they told this guy to stay behind to help nucky deal with all the stuff that's going on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    nothing to do with the plot of the show...

but how's this for f'n weird? last winter i looked up info on nucky johnson (the actual guy the nucky character's based on) and it gave his mothers maiden name, which happens to be the same as my great-great grandmother's. traced they were born in the same township also. i've no idea if my dad knew his family (going back centuries in the area) were related. so yeah i'm distantly related to the real-life nucky....which cracks me up when i think about it :o:lol:

i have a very vague recollection of hearing my mom & dad (they were older when i was born) discussing the name nucky but i can't recall anything other than he was a racket boss in AC. i'd SO love to know just what they would've thought & had to say about this show. :shock:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440

great episode this week.

yeah...though don't imagine that margaret/peggy's family really thinks that she's dead. more it's what they tell people rather than try explaining how their sister has shamed or scandalized the family....

guessing they might've been against her marriage to the nasty jerk nucky had offed? or maybe they became aware that she & nucky are shacked up....given the times & since she's irish catholic it's possible her family thought it better she be considered dead rather than living in sin? :wtf:

this show is so well written & acted... hard to say just where it's gonna go next
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:

great episode this week.

yeah...though don't imagine that margaret/peggy's family really thinks that she's dead. more it's what they tell people rather than try explaining how their sister has shamed or scandalized the family....

guessing they might've been against her marriage to the nasty jerk nucky had offed? or maybe they became aware that she & nucky are shacked up....given the times & since she's irish catholic it's possible her family thought it better she be considered dead rather than living in sin? :wtf:

this show is so well written & acted... hard to say just where it's gonna go next

i agree with you. lots of margarett's go by "peggy" too. rowan was probably her maiden name. should be an interesting side story to see if she attempts to make amends with them
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i liked the standoff between the " new " Irish guy , and Richard Harrow in the alley .( Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston, Angelica Hustons nephew---who knew ? )

The writing is so good on this show, I felt the tension in that scene.

Cant wait for Sunday nights all over again.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i liked the standoff between the " new " Irish guy , and Richard Harrow in the alley .( Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston, Angelica Hustons nephew---who knew ? )

That was a great scene, I have a feeling the Irish guy is going to go crazy when things start to go down.

Glad it has already been pciked up for season 3.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

That was a great scene, I have a feeling the Irish guy is going to go crazy when things start to go down.

Glad it has already been pciked up for season 3.

Yeah, it looks like Nucky has himself a new enforcer w/ this Irish dude...Owen I think his name is???