Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Jimmy should just bone his mom and get over it...in all seriousness, I think its great seeing jimmy already cracking over the pressure of trying to fill nucky's shoes... Its not as easy as he thought eh ? love the idea of nucky getting into the arms business... cant wait for next week.

Yeah, this season has been great. These last few episodes should be intense with Nucky letting everyone think he does not know what is going on, Chalkey leading the strike, and Jimmy cracking under the pressure.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Jennytree wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Was it me, or did anyone else have a hard time figuring out what the hell they were saying in this episode!?? :lol: Damn Irish accents! They should have put up sub-titles! :lol:

I was wondering this when I was watching it - do you guys in the States understand not only what they were saying, but what was being spoken about e.g. Margarets escape of the Magdalene laundries and the Black and Tans? Ireland was in a jocker back then! It is very refreshing to hear actual Irish people instead of Americans doing really really bad diddley-eye Oirish ta-be-shure accents. One of the characters in S2 ep2 (the Irish friends that came to visit, the man with the glasses who accepted another drink after everyone was ready to leave- McGarrigle) was based on Eamon DeValera - a man who fought for Irish independance and became head of the 'freestate' after the Irish Civil War not long after that episode was based.

interesting....thanks! i haven't looked it up but I figured the black and tans were rival gangs?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Lizard wrote:

interesting....thanks! i haven't looked it up but I figured the black and tans were rival gangs?

Nuh uh, the 'Black and Tans' were an 'army' that were to stop the Irish fighting against the British rule in Ireland at the time. That's why you'll hear characters such as Slater hating them.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Jimmy should just bone his mom and get over it...in all seriousness, I think its great seeing jimmy already cracking over the pressure of trying to fill nucky's shoes... Its not as easy as he thought eh ? love the idea of nucky getting into the arms business... cant wait for next week.

Yeah, this season has been great. These last few episodes should be intense with Nucky letting everyone think he does not know what is going on, Chalkey leading the strike, and Jimmy cracking under the pressure.

Is there any way that Jimmy makes it through this season alive? Things are setting up nicely for these last 4 episodes...
  • Options

Is there any way that Jimmy makes it through this season alive? Things are setting up nicely for these last 4 episodes...

Not sure, I like his character, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made to move the story. I also don't know if Nucky's brother will make it. Which is funny, because it seems both would almost go back to working for Nucky if they could now that they have seen the other side.
  • Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    The is seriously the best show on tv right now. Love the story lines going on. The butcher is my new fav character
    I do think he is gonna get it from jimmy though.
    Gibson1972
  • Options
    Not sure, I like his character, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made to move the story. I also don't know if Nucky's brother will make it. Which is funny, because it seems both would almost go back to working for Nucky if they could now that they have seen the other side.

Yeah, I do really like Jimmy's character but he is in way over his head right now....at least Eli realizes that Nucky is smarter than all of them and isn't just going to go away quietly.
  • Options
    The butcher from philly (forget his name) will have to be killed ... Thats pretty much a given right ? I cant see jimmy putting up with him too much longer. I'd worry about him more than nucky...
  • Options
    The butcher from philly (forget his name) will have to be killed ... Thats pretty much a given right ? I cant see jimmy putting up with him too much longer. I'd worry about him more than nucky...

Yeah, there's no chance that dude makes it through the season...
  • Options

Yeah, there's no chance that dude makes it through the season...

You could see at the end of the last episode, they were done
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i don't know what is going to happen with jimmy. the whole show kind of centers on him right now. he is in a tight spot though for sure. i can't imagine him getting killed off.

i see capone, luciano, and rothstein(?) getting more involved. those are some big names of real bigtime mobsters there, so you know they are going to be getting some more attention.

i don't see harrow being around very long though for some reason...

this is the best show on tv.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    agree with this being best show on tv rt now...i like to compare it to soprano's alot...my opinion, its best since soprano's thats for sure and especially soprano's in its early years...the show got so so tame'd down the last few years...it was gear'd toward such a big audience, it lost its edge'y feel it initially once had...Not sure where Boardwalk will end up but as of now...it's awesome...i really love it!!!
  • Options
    i don't know what is going to happen with jimmy. the whole show kind of centers on him right now. he is in a tight spot though for sure. i can't imagine him getting killed off.

The show does seem to center on Jimmy, but how much longer can him and Nucky both still be around?? It's obvious that Nucky isn't "retiring" like he claimed..
  • Options
    I can see nucky forgiving jimmy and some how working togeather ... If not working togeather then tolerating eachother. the father son story isnt finished tho imo...
  • Options
    I can see nucky forgiving jimmy and some how working togeather ... If not working togeather then tolerating eachother. the father son story isnt finished tho imo...

I can see this as well, plus Jimmy is being used by the people around him.

But I can also see Nucky having a bullet put in Jimmys head too. :lol:
  • Options

I can see this as well, plus Jimmy is being used by the people around him.

But I can also see Nucky having a bullet put in Jimmys head too. :lol:

I was thinking that eventually they would work together again, but I just can't see it after Jimmy tried to have Nucky killed....Nucky can never trust Jimmy again. I think the bullet in the head is the most likely outcome.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Best show on TV!

Neither Nucky or Jimmy are going anywhere. The two of them will be battling, joining forces, and battling some more for years to come!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    wow so much happened this episode.

they tried to break the strike. eli got arrested. everyone has their shipments of booze and the markets are now saturated. jimmy is thinking about heroin. schroeder's daughter is worse than thought. AND jimmy's wife got shot. that was some cold blooded stuff right there.

i have a feeling all hell is gonna break loose these next 2 weeks.

has this been renewed for a 3rd season yet?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,321

they tried to break the strike. eli got arrested. everyone has their shipments of booze and the markets are now saturated. jimmy is thinking about heroin. schroeder's daughter is worse than thought. AND jimmy's wife got shot. that was some cold blooded stuff right there.

it has been renewed. awesome episode.

jimmy's wife was hot. shame she got whacked. her character was interesting...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084

you think she's hotter than his mother?

I love the Manny Horovitz and Mickey Doyle characters, especially with Doyle's funny laugh.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Great episode- I'm curious to see how Jimmy reacts to his wife getting shot.
  • Options

you think she's hotter than his mother?

I love the Manny Horovitz and Mickey Doyle characters, especially with Doyle's funny laugh.

different kind of hot. she reminds me of tina fey. watch jimmy's mom try to put the moves on her son now that the wife is out of the picture :o

yeah, manny and mickey doyle are funny. this show has done a great job developing their characters.

smart of nucky to utilize rothstein's lawyer. i'm surprised he didn't try this route earlier.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    do you guys watch either dexter or homeland?

i find it difficult to go from this show to one of those right away. there's so much to digest in one episode. i feel like i need a little break before jumping right into the next show.

nice to have such quality programming on these days though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    darmondy is about to unravel, big time. the stress and pressure from his cohorts is getting to him and now, his cheating wife gets shot in cold blood. i think jimmy is next and i think capone is gonna do it.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whoaaa

just whoaaa
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whoaaa

just whoaaa

Just watched it....bigtime "whoa"!!!!

Angie being "offed" was a shock! WOW!! I can't wait to see how Jimmy reacts to that!!! :shock:
  • Options

i find it difficult to go from this show to one of those right away. there's so much to digest in one episode. i feel like i need a little break before jumping right into the next show.

Yeah, I rarely get a chance to watch Dexter, Boardwalk and Homeland on Sundays but I DVR them. I typically watch Dexter first, then Homeland then Boardwalk.
    I love all three shows, but I've been saving the best for last. ;)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I rarely get a chance to watch Dexter, Boardwalk and Homeland on Sundays but I DVR them. I typically watch Dexter first, then Homeland then Boardwalk.
    I love all three shows, but I've been saving the best for last. ;)

i'm about 3 weeks behind on dexter. that's how good these other 2 are. :o
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Great episode- I'm curious to see how Jimmy reacts to his wife getting shot.

I'm curious to see how Richard Harrow will react.

And am I the only one who thinks the little boy is gonna try to burn down his old house just like Nucky did to his?
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    yeah, definitely something going on with the kid.
    I love this show. an amazing cast portraying great characters in a HBO production. what more do you need?!

and Jimmy's wife was an interesting character but it's even more interesting to see what Jimmy does now. I thought it wasn't the smartest of Manny to kill her since now he's dead for sure. he should've just waited till he got to Jimmy.