Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I think he was refering to Jimmy but I'm not sure.

Last nigth was good we'll see how it ends next week.

Jimmie's wife got screwed by her lesbian lover. I wonder if Jimmie will kick her out and keep his son by himself.

yeah that was weird too. i was wondering if jimmy somehow got wind of it and scared the lesbian and her husband off or something.

I didn't think abou the potential that Jimmy sent them packing.

To me, this part was just them leaving and Jimmy didn't have anything to do with it. The wife seemed kind of sad when Jimmy's wife stopped in and the husband was all gimped up. Somehow in my mind, I feel like they left because of Jimmy and the beating that guy took. The wife just seemed so strange when he hobbled out on crutches and she kissed him on the cheek. Kind of like she was a dutiful wife standing by her man. Whatever happened, it was sudden because as the property owner said they didn't even sweep up.

I guess that lends to the argument that Jimmy did send them packing. Hell, I don't know now. :lol:

I do think that Jimmy is so messed up that he'll keep the kid and the "wife". It's basically the only stability he has. Do I remember that they aren't really married? I seem to remember something along those lines. Even though he yelled "this man had relations with my wife", I don't think he's married to his lady.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264

To me, this part was just them leaving and Jimmy didn't have anything to do with it. The wife seemed kind of sad when Jimmy's wife stopped in and the husband was all gimped up. Somehow in my mind, I feel like they left because of Jimmy and the beating that guy took. The wife just seemed so strange when he hobbled out on crutches and she kissed him on the cheek. Kind of like she was a dutiful wife standing by her man. Whatever happened, it was sudden because as the property owner said they didn't even sweep up.

I guess that lends to the argument that Jimmy did send them packing. Hell, I don't know now. :lol:

I do think that Jimmy is so messed up that he'll keep the kid and the "wife". It's basically the only stability he has. Do I remember that they aren't really married? I seem to remember something along those lines. Even though he yelled "this man had relations with my wife", I don't think he's married to his lady.

Nope, they aren't married.
    I actually did think about Jimmy forcing them out too. At first I assumed they up and left, which could be the case, but the thought of Jimmy forcing them out crossed my mind based of his reaction to the letter. I suppose he could have had that reaction from the letter itself, but his cool, nonchalant way he acted to me seemed like he knew about it and did something to intervene. I don't think they showed the words of the letter, but it's possible Jimmy still thought that she was having an affair with him and told him that either they leave or he'll kill him...hence the moving out so fast.
    I hope what really happened comes up in the final episode.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    mca47 wrote:

I actually did think about Jimmy forcing them out too. At first I assumed they up and left, which could be the case, but the thought of Jimmy forcing them out crossed my mind based of his reaction to the letter. I suppose he could have had that reaction from the letter itself, but his cool, nonchalant way he acted to me seemed like he knew about it and did something to intervene. I don't think they showed the words of the letter, but it's possible Jimmy still thought that she was having an affair with him and told him that either they leave or he'll kill him...hence the moving out so fast.

Not sure if it will come up next week, or in season two, but I think it will be a big issue with them. I would guess Jimmy keeps them both around.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    mca47 wrote:

Not sure if it will come up next week, or in season two, but I think it will be a big issue with them. I would guess Jimmy keeps them both around.

well whatever the story is, i am glad she is staying. she's hot. her character is interesting. plus, like someone else said, i think it will be interesting to see how jimmy treats them. it does seem like he loves her and wants that stability in his life. but he's so f@cked up, that's gonna be quite a dysfunctional relationship to watch play out.

jimmy really reminds me of christopher from the sopranos.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

well whatever the story is, i am glad she is staying. she's hot. her character is interesting. plus, like someone else said, i think it will be interesting to see how jimmy treats them. it does seem like he loves her and wants that stability in his life. but he's so f@cked up, that's gonna be quite a dysfunctional relationship to watch play out.

I can see the Christopher thing a little bit, but Jimmy is much smarter. Christopher was a real fucking moron at times.

Can't wait to see what happens on the finale. Is there a weirder, creepier character than Van Alden?? Man, that guy is fucked up.
  • Options

Yeah, she's def hot!

What I see happening is her getting caught up in his shinanagens. Not that she would be directly involved, but I could see Jimmy pissing off the wrong dudes and her being used as a "message". For a guy to do what he does, and not have any type of security around his family could spell trouble.
  • Options
    Is there a weirder, creepier character than Van Alden?? Man, that guy is fucked up.

No, no there's not. :lol:

That guy is bigtime creepy! Such a great, and weird character.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Is there a weirder, creepier character than Van Alden?? Man, that guy is fucked up.

No, no there's not. :lol:

That guy is bigtime creepy! Such a great, and weird character.

the fact that he banged nucky's ex, seemingly not knowing who she was and how much she could have potentially helped him, makes his character that much weirder.

i'm sure that storyline will be addressed next week, though previews didn't show anything from what i remember.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Van Alden HAS to know that was Nucky's ex. It wasn't a secret that she was with Nucky, and he knows quite a bit about Nucky. How would he NOT know that was Nucky's ex?

Talk about creepy. That chick that plays Nucky's ex is so cheap and trashy. I'm a chick and I have no problem saying when chicks are hot, but she is so disgusting with her "f*ck me daddy" line. Blech.

Van Alden and that chick are a match made in creepy-trashy heaven.
  • Options
    Van Alden HAS to know that was Nucky's ex. It wasn't a secret that she was with Nucky, and he knows quite a bit about Nucky. How would he NOT know that was Nucky's ex?

Talk about creepy. That chick that plays Nucky's ex is so cheap and trashy. I'm a chick and I have no problem saying when chicks are hot, but she is so disgusting with her "f*ck me daddy" line. Blech.

Van Alden and that chick are a match made in creepy-trashy heaven.

you are right on all counts. i just re watched the last couple episodes and he mentioned lucy's name a couple times. he also has a program or something of the place where she dances at with her on the cover. gonna be interesting to see what comes of it.

she is trashy. waay trashy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    charles ponzi :lol:

anyone catch that one? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    charles ponzi :lol:

anyone catch that one? :lol:

Sure did! :D
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I dont think Jimmy had anything to do with the Photographer and Wifes disappearance, alltho he knew of his wifes plan courtesy of the note she had left him. His calm and cool attitude was scary enough for her, closing the bedroom door and letting her tuck the boy in bed, it played tricks on her mind . Very very manipulative.

One of the bigger issues with Jimmy is going to be protecting his mother,
    now that The Commodore knows shes been poisoning him.( looked like it in the coming attractions anyhow )

The writing in this show is so good.
    It actually has us all rooting for the bad guys
    and rooting against the " good " guys ( as creepy as he may be )

Wonder if anything will come out of Van Alden murdering the other Agent guy by drowning. He did it in front of all the people down by the water. That was crazy .

Wonder where Margaret is off to also , no sign of her at all .

Looks like some bad shit is gonna go down between Nooky and his brother, too .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    so tonights the big season finale.

Cannot wait to see how they tie all the storylines up, till next season.

I hope they bring the Richard Harrow character in a little further.
    Nooky seems to not like him so much .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so tonights the big season finale.

Cannot wait to see how they tie all the storylines up, till next season.

I hope they bring the Richard Harrow character in a little further.
    Nooky seems to not like him so much .

cannot wait. this first season seems to have gone by so quickly
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fantastic finale. can't say enough about the writing. loved the final scene panning out from the boardwalk out to the ocean with the mist in the air.

season 2 story lines look intriguing. only have to wait a year or so for them. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I was happy with the finale. I did like the end scene. I thought it was interesting Jimmy standing in the dark on the ocean front similar to how Nucky stands on the ocean in the opening montage.

I don't know if i'll be back for season 2 but I did enjoy watching season one to it's conclusion
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Good Finale!! Is it picked up for a 2nd season or not?

So i guess that nutjob FBI Agent gets away with murder? but now he's a daddy!!! (poor kid).

and I guess Margaret had to go back to Nucky after getting a piece of rag in her cake!!

Will it really be another YEAR before 2nd season?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Finally caught up on the finale. Man, I am going to miss this show. I think the first episode was great and then it kind of wandered for awhile but then found its legs.

I love how they showed Capone becoming more serious.

And apparently the Commodore and Eli have had enough of Nucky.

They really set up some good story lines for next year.

I do have a question though. Nucky had the the D'Alessio brothers killed, but what happened to Micky Doyle? He was working with them so did they kill him too?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Finally caught up on the finale. Man, I am going to miss this show. I think the first episode was great and then it kind of wandered for awhile but then found its legs.

I do have a question though. Nucky had the the D'Alessio brothers killed, but what happened to Micky Doyle? He was working with them so did they kill him too?

gotta believe he is still alive. weird that he was not in the finale in any form. that dude's pretty funny.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Flagg wrote:

gotta believe he is still alive. weird that he was not in the finale in any form. that dude's pretty funny.

Yeah, I love that guys laugh. He sounds fucking nuts.

I love these HBO shows, but hate the fact that we'll be waiting probably a year for the next season.
  • Options
    There was an HBO commercial on before the show that said there would be a new season of Boardwalk Empire for 2011, and it also said that it was the final season of Entourage.
  • Options
    There was an HBO commercial on before the show that said there would be a new season of Boardwalk Empire for 2011, and it also said that it was the final season of Entourage.
    It also said WINTER IS COMING
    A Game of Thrones is gonna kick so much ass :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    You guys gotta check out this article and clip about Boardwalk Empire! The effects they add to this show are incredible! :o

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... alk-empire
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    You guys gotta check out this article and clip about Boardwalk Empire! The effects they add to this show are incredible! :o

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... alk-empire
    Pretty amazing stuff for sure.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    nothing personal against buschemi..but he was miscast

no offense, but maybe you should stick with mtv and jersey shore. this is a grown ups show. :lol:

in all seriousness, buschemi's gonna be up for an emmy/golden globe.
    i
    think he's great and the critics love this show. count on it.

i kind of liked this episode slightly better than the premier...and the premier was great. i love all of the dynamics that they are presenting for the characters. fucking al capone beating the crap out of that reporter was GOLD!

and a golden globe he's won. ;)

and a golden globe, for best drama, the show has won. ;);)

this show is GOLD.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mad men deserved it more IMO... they had a stellar season

boardwalk is cool tho too :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
  • Options
    Awesome premiere to the second season last night!
    Things are gonna get CRAZY!!!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    that fbi agent is more evil than the nj/chi/nyc mobsters!