NCAA College Football -

Comments

• ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    81 wrote:
    can't

fuckin

wait

i'm ready for some buckeye football.

vegas has the bucks as a TD favorite in every game.....and top 2 or 3 on the national championship board

bring on the braxton clap

I'm predicting Ohio State will make the BCS Championship game. I'm just hoping Bama will make it again this year. Bama has the talent and coaching, but I'm not sure if they have that hunger yet(I.e. 2010). We shall see I guess.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

I'm predicting Ohio State will make the BCS Championship game.

Please god no.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    edited July 2013

Please god no.

Their schedule is so easy that all they need to do is show up at the stadium on time and they'll win. :lol: I hope Bama can navigate the SEC and make it to Pasadena to play them. I would love to see these two match up. The tradition, Urban vs. Saban....Epic I say. :corn:
    Post edited by BamaJammer29 on
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Please god no.

Even if they do it'd just get erased a few years down the road anyway for cheating. :lol:
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:

Please god no.

Even if they do it'd just get erased a few years down the road anyway for cheating. :lol:

:lol: We just don't need to see tO$U get crushed again by what ever team comes out of the SEC

Please god no.

Their schedule is so easy that all they need to do is show up at the stadium on time and they'll win. :lol: I hope Bama can navigate the SEC and make it to Pasadena to play them. I would love to see these two match up. The tradition, Urban vs. Saban....Epic I say. :corn:

tO$U had a lot of luck last year, maybe even more lucky than Notre Dame was. An average team that somehow went undefeated. They would have lost worse than the golden domers did to Bama.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:

Please god no.

:roll:

go buy some shoes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

tO$U had a lot of luck last year, maybe even more lucky than Notre Dame was. An average team that somehow went undefeated. They would have lost worse than the golden domers did to Bama.

i don't get the $

can somebody explain....

or is it just standard hate for big time college football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i don't get the $

can somebody explain....

or is it just standard hate for big time college football.

Just Hate for Ohio State. The $ is just something I picked up from someone after the buckeye players were all selling their stuff for money. Sort of like how I think it is funny when people write out (the) Ohio State. No one deserves hate like the buckeyes do. Well, Maybe Notre Dame, but (the) Ohio State is close.
    81 wrote:

OSU would have been a better matchup for us. Yeah they had some luck to go undefeated, but I believe that along with talent it takes a little of that. Hell, my Tide was lucky to even be there, b/c if OSU wasn't on probation they would have played ND, not mention the Oregon and K-State debacles.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

go buy some shoes

Know where you can get any deals?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • more looking forward to CFB than the NFL this season (being a lions fans has nothing to do with it ;) )
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Purdue will take down OSU now that Danny Hopeless is gone.

:geek: :corn:
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

go buy some shoes

Know where you can get any deals?

i hear the shoe box is a good place to start

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    81 wrote:
    i don't get the hot seat for mac brown...

Mack's record at Texas over the last three seasons has been very subpar; pretty bad actually. He's the second highest paid coach in the country. Ever since their appearance in the 2009 BCS title game and loss to Bama their program has gone downhill dramatically. This is not acceptable at Texas where recruiting is supposed to be at an elite level. Now, with Texas A&M joining the SEC and going 11-2 last season, with an upset of Bama on the road, the Aggies have become the 'it' college football program in the state of Texas.

Texas needs to win the Big XII or come close this season, or Mack might be headed off into 'retirement'.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

BamaPJFan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Mack's record at Texas over the last three seasons has been very subpar; pretty bad actually. He's the second highest paid coach in the country. Ever since their appearance in the 2009 BCS title game and loss to Bama their program has gone downhill dramatically. This is not acceptable at Texas where recruiting is supposed to be at an elite level. Now, with Texas A&M joining the SEC and going 11-2 last season, with an upset of Bama on the road, the Aggies have become the 'it' college football program in the state of Texas.

Texas needs to win the Big XII or come close this season, or Mack might be headed off into 'retirement'.

i get the big time program thing....

but one NC and a second appearance buys more time. most programs have a slippage after going to a NC game as most teams are lead by seniors and it takes a few years to redevelop the players....bama seems to be the exception right now. :fp: :lol:

i would think a NC appearance would buy a 5 year no question asked period, which would take him thru next year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Mack makes a good CEO of a program, but his coaching is...well..atrocious.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    81 wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

i get the big time program thing....

but one NC and a second appearance buys more time. most programs have a slippage after going to a NC game as most teams are lead by seniors and it takes a few years to redevelop the players....bama seems to be the exception right now. :fp: :lol:

i would think a NC appearance would buy a 5 year no question asked period, which would take him thru next year
    Ask Gene Chizik how much time a National Championship buys you in today's market.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    anyone ever play NCAA for xbox360/Ps3?

I have never played a NCAA football game, and it's been years since I have purchased Maddon. That said, I saw some gameplay on NCAA 14 and it made me think about purchasing it for the first time
    Scuttlebutt down here is that ND and Bama are negotiating to play each other for the season opener in Ireland a few yrs. from now. Maybe the domers will be better by then. :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    PRL1JAM wrote:

I have never played a NCAA football game, and it's been years since I have purchased Maddon. That said, I saw some gameplay on NCAA 14 and it made me think about purchasing it for the first time

it isvthe best spirts franchise imo.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    MayDay10 wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:

Do you have 2014? I haven't played since Playstation 2 days. The kids are getting older so I may buy for the Xbox, but I heard 2013 was horrible.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    here is your dark horse heisman canidate

Hyde34-300x237.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    here is your dark horse heisman canidate

Hyde34-300x237.jpg

10/26 - Bucky falls
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    MayDay10 wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:

Do you have 2014? I haven't played since Playstation 2 days. The kids are getting older so I may buy for the Xbox, but I heard 2013 was horrible.

I got it yesterday but havent played yet. Last I had was 2012 and owned about 4 in a row up to that point. Love each version.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Scuttlebutt down here is that ND and Bama are negotiating to play each other for the season opener in Ireland a few yrs. from now. Maybe the domers will be better by then. :lol:

Penn State and UCF will be playing each other in Ireland in 2014. Talk about a very under-whelming matchup. :fp:
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

BamaPJFan wrote:

Penn State and UCF will be playing each other in Ireland in 2014. Talk about a very under-whelming matchup. :fp:

O'Brien vs O'Leary

The locals will be happy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

BamaPJFan wrote:

UCF :shock: :shock: