NCAA College Football -

Comments

• ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Anxious to see Johnny Football today.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

if he doesn't "over sleep"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

I've heard enough about Johnny Football. "Dehydration", huh? The kid seems like a complete d-bag.
    81 wrote:

I've heard enough about Johnny Football. "Dehydration", huh? The kid seems like a complete d-bag.

i get dehydrated too when i drink
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Anyone get phil steeles mag?
    81 wrote:
    here is your dark horse heisman canidate

Hyde34-300x237.jpg

never mind :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hyde34-300x237.jpg

At least he is living up to the rich ethic and moral guidelines established by past OSU halfbacks. :P
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hyde34-300x237.jpg

At least he is living up to the rich ethic and moral guidelines established by past OSU halfbacks. :P

:fp:

he just threw a shit ton of money down the drain. i could have seen him running for 1500 yards this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    he just threw a shit ton of money down the drain. i could have seen him running for 1500 yards this year.
    maybe he is indicating the number of NFL starts he will have in that photo :think:

too bad. buckeyes will still be good but losing your star rb is never good ... unless he was a poison in the locker room ... and based on Meyers decision to boot him without any arrests or charges filed, that just may be the case.
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    maybe he is indicating the number of NFL starts he will have in that photo :think:

too bad. buckeyes will still be good but losing your star rb is never good ... unless he was a poison in the locker room ... and based on Meyers decision to boot him without any arrests or charges filed, that just may be the case.

he'll end up in the nfl as a rookie free agent or a late round supplement draft pick...

urban has a zero tolerence policy when it comes to players and violence agaisnst women. he kicked somebody else off the team last year for something....and then let him back on when he was cleared.

but to lost a power back, that has some moves and a little speed....that hurts....

good thing is, there is a lot of depth at RB. should be one of the easier postions to cover.

also potentially losing a potential all american CB. :fp:

not a good weekend for the buckeyes :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hyde34-300x237.jpg

What an idiot. I loved the way that kid ran the ball. We lose him and Roby and its gonna be a long year
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What an idiot. I loved the way that kid ran the ball. We lose him and Roby and its gonna be a long year

i'm more worried about roby. RB is the deepest position and easiest to play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    1 month and counting....can't fucking wait! :corn:
  • I'll be in Seattle in September (from Germany) and I just bought a ticket to the Huskies game versus Arizona on September 28.
    I have never been to an american football match since soccer is our sport here in germany.
    What can I expect?
    Is college football any popular in the US, or is it just the NFL?
    How is the arena in Seattle?
    I'll be in Seattle in September (from Germany) and I just bought a ticket to the Huskies game versus Arizona on September 28.
    I have never been to an american football match since soccer is our sport here in germany.
    What can I expect?
    It's a U-shaped stadium that opens to the north overlooking Lake Washington. A lot of people tailgate on boats.

I believe they are finishing a renovation project this summer. They used to have a track and field course around the field and got rid of it so the stands are closer to the field.

It's a good time to catch a game. I think they have been playing in the Seahawks stadium the last couple of years while construction has been going on. The college atmosphere is much better live then NFL.
    Yeah, NCAA football is the best North America offers as far as fan activity.

However, coming from Europe, it may seem tame and laid back.

Washington/Arizona.... very cool.

Personally, Im trying to swing a college football trip this season. The inaugural trip last year saw Kansas State slaughter West Virginia.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Anyone get phil steeles mag?

I bought it. I've been getting it every year over the last seven years or so. Steele loves Florida State; his love affair with FSU is off the charts, but the 'Noles do have a very manageable schedule. Quarterback is going to be interesting to watch at FSU with the new starter Jameis Winston. FSU has to replace a lot of key people on their defense.

Phil also gives Southern Cal and VA Tech a lot of love and I just don't see it. USC is going to have a tough season breaking in a new QB and the defense having to learn a new system. VA Tech does have a good ACC schedule, but they don't have the horses to win their division with Miami, UNC, and GA Tech all in line for a really good season.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

MayDay10 wrote:

Personally, Im trying to swing a college football trip this season. The inaugural trip last year saw Kansas State slaughter West Virginia.

You need to come down to the South for an SEC game. Nothing in sports compares to a college football game on a Saturday night at a venue such as Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, or Kyle Field in College Station. And, possibly most important, the tailgating at Ole Miss is second to none. The most beautiful women in the country are in Oxford, Mississippi, on Saturdays during the fall.

I'll be in Seattle in September (from Germany) and I just bought a ticket to the Huskies game versus Arizona on September 28.
    What can I expect?

The biggest college football programs have stadiums that are much larger than the largest NFL stadiums. Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Texas, Tennessee, and Alabama all have stadiums that have capacities over 100,000 and those stadiums are filled above capacity for every game. The crowds at big Division One college football games are louder and rowdier than what you find at NFL games. At college games, you have big student sections, marching bands, real cheerleaders, and the tailgating before and after the games is a bigger deal. Visiting a college campus for a game is much more fun that going to an NFL stadium in some generic concrete jungle.

College football is a religion in the Southeast, it's big in the Midwest, it's popular in some spots out in the Far West, but not too big in the Northeast because of the lack of big-time, major programs in the Northeast.

Ole Miss, eh?

Ill have to suggest that to my college football partner in crime.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Ole Miss, eh?

Ill have to suggest that to my college football partner in crime.

The Grove at Ole Miss is legendary. I love hanging there before Bama vs. Ole Miss games every couple of years.

Here's a little sample of The Grove, along with a video clip of Collins Tuohy, the young lady who was a cheerleader at Ole Miss, who is the sister of Baltimore Ravens' player, Michael Oher, from the 'Blindside'. Collins, is a hottie (and pretty smart, too) and there are many more like her at Ole Miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMc8divTBvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Hx_obdnWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQubT-G13Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxJz9TrDM-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZadOG6SQjk ('From Dixie With Love' performed before every home game in The Grove prior to the band and fans making their way over to Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.)

BamaPJFan wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

You need to come down to the South for an SEC game. Nothing in sports compares to a college football game on a Saturday night at a venue such as Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, or Kyle Field in College Station. And, possibly most important, the tailgating at Ole Miss is second to none. The most beautiful women in the country are in Oxford, Mississippi, on Saturdays during the fall.

The ladies of Oxford are amazing!
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Let's go Irish!

But in reality, I'm not expecting much this year...

If I were a gambling man, my money would be on Ohio state this year.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    Let's go Irish!

Ohio State will make the championship game, but they will lose to whatever SEC team makes it this year. In all probability that team will be Bama.
    Well, the weekly Johnny Manziel scandal broke yesterday afternoon. He's in hot water over allegedly signing autographs for a fee. The Aggie's 2013 season is coming close to imploding at this point because of the huge distraction that Manziel has become. I think they'll probably finish 4th in the SEC West now; I just moved Ole Miss ahead of A&M in my predictions.

Bobby Petrino's scandal led Arkansas to a 4-8 record in 2012, and now it appears that Manziel's foolishness could lead A&M down a similar path; maybe not a 4-8 record, but certainly below another 10+ wins.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Let's go Irish!

Ohio State will make the championship game, but they will lose to whatever SEC team makes it this year. In all probability that team will be Bama.

Let's see if the Buckeyes can get past another overtime with Purdue, first! :lol:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Well, the weekly Johnny Manziel scandal broke yesterday afternoon. He's in hot water over allegedly signing autographs for a fee. The Aggie's 2013 season is coming close to imploding at this point because of the huge distraction that Manziel has become. I think they'll probably finish 4th in the SEC West now; I just moved Ole Miss ahead of A&M in my predictions.

Bobby Petrino's scandal led Arkansas to a 4-8 record in 2012, and now it appears that Manziel's foolishness could lead A&M down a similar path; maybe not a 4-8 record, but certainly below another 10+ wins.

Very disappointing. :( I was really looking forward to Bama traveling out to College Station and getting some payback. Now if we win,it just won't have that same zing to it, if Manziel gets suspended and doesn't play.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Exactly. God forbid someone wanting to wet their beak when they are the product being sold.

I hope the NCAA takes it in the shorts with the EA video game lawsuit. They have taken exact teams and replicated them while only changing to fake names and they keep every penny.