NCAA College Football -

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    All I have to say about this pathetic game is...

hi-res-154843498_crop_exact.jpg
    norm wrote:
    you'd have to be full of self-hate to wanna bang mushburger

I don't know, he looked pretty snazzy back in the 70's.

101109.071-e1289328678309.jpg

hello ladies

Brent's a good guy, I've worked with him before. The Guy just loves college sports
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if only oregon had beaten stanford....
    norm wrote:
    you'd have to be full of self-hate to wanna bang mushburger

I don't know, he looked pretty snazzy back in the 70's.

101109.071-e1289328678309.jpg

hello ladies

we're not alone :lol::lol:

http://deadspin.com/5974000/brent-musbu ... socialflow
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    norm wrote:
    anyone else completely creeped out by mushburger drooling over alabama's quarterback's girlfriend?

They are from the south, so it's actually his sister.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    mca47 wrote:
    Well, this game is over....

Hopefully there is something else on!

The Natural is on NBC Sports, and is playing again once this airing is over.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Heisenberg wrote:

that's so cute...please respond during a point in this game when you think that OSU's offense could have scored against Alabama's defense.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

that's so cute...please respond during a point in this game when you think that OSU's offense could have scored against Alabama's defense.

Can I respond when I think I could have scored on ND's defense? These guys tackle like they think the Alabama players have cooties or something. I could be national champion.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I don't know...Johnny Football didn't seem to have a problem doing it, I think we'd be ok. :D
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Heisenberg wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I don't know...Johnny Football didn't seem to have a problem doing it, I think we'd be ok. :D
    UR on crack..it'd be 35-7 with that sieve you had for a defense. in the meantime is that Uncle...Uncle...Uncle I hear echoing right now?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Heisenberg wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

tO$U would be losing by at least 42-0 right now, they are a bigger fraud than Norte Dame.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

tO$U would be losing by at least 42-0 right now, they are a bigger fraud than Norte Dame.

An undefeated "fraud" :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Musburger is sounding like a creeper talking about McCarron's mom and girlfriend.

well he does have a knack for discovering talent in the stands...

eaeb2_ORIG-sem2.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Musburger is sounding like a creeper talking about McCarron's mom and girlfriend.

eaeb2_ORIG-sem2.jpg
    :thumbup: :clap: The Juggler always quick to posting pictures.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful

eaeb2_ORIG-sem2.jpg

At least he didn't call anybody a "black-skinned storm trooper" this time.
    At least he didn't call anybody a "black-skinned storm trooper" this time.

every time my buddy and i watch a game called by that tool, we wait patiently for a racist remark to emanate from his piehole
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i don't get all the musberger hate...
    www.myspace.com
    i don't get all the musberger hate...

I don't hate the guy, but here's what most people have a problem with... and the fact that he has refused to apologize.
    Bizarre Protest by Smith, Carlos Tarnishes Medals
    by Brent Musburger

mexico city—Tommie Smith and John Carlos must be labeled unimaginative blokes if they can’t come up with a stronger and more effective protest than the one they staged her last night during the Olympic medal ceremony honoring their accomplishments in the 200-meter run.

Smith and Carlos looked like a couple of black-skinned storm troopers, holding aloft their black-globed hands during the playing of the National Anthem. They sprinkled their symbolism with black track shoes and black scarfs and black power medals. It’s destined to go down as the most unsubtle demonstration in the history of protest.

But you’ve got to give Smith and Carlos credit for one thing. They knew how to deliver whatever it was they were trying to deliver on international television, thus insuring maximum embarrassment for the country that is picking up the tab for their room and board here in Mexico City. One gets a little tired of having the United States run down by athletes who are enjoying themselves at the expense of their country.

Protesting and working constructively against racism in the United States is one thing, but airing one’s dirty clothing before the entire world during a fun and games tournament was no more than a juvenile gesture by a couple of athletes who should have known better.

If Smith and Carlos were convinced that the ends justified their black power demonstration during the National Anthem, they should have avoided the award ceremony altogether. If it’s true, as hayes Jones says, that an athlete competes for himself but walks to the stand for his country, then a more courageous protest would have been for Smith and Carlos simply to stay away and not pick up their medals.

An Ignoble Performance

Their ignoble performance on the victory stand completely overshadowed a magnificent performance by two black athletes. It’s a shame. Smith will not now be remembered as that splendid runner who so thoroughly demolished the world’s record that he ran the last 10 yards with both arms held high in triumph over his head as he crashed through the finish line in the fantastic time of 19.8.

He will instead be remembered as the militant black who shook a black glove and black track shoe during the playing of the National Anthem. It hardly seems on the level with his first accomplishment, and it did absolutely nothing to relax racial tensions any place.

Another sorry performance developed on the bus ride back to the Olympic village after the ceremony. Smith and Carlos, along with their wives, boarded a bus with a group of tourists who were headed in the same direction.

Upon spotting the two winners, an indignant California tourist declared: "I was ashamed of both of you. That was a disgraceful performance." This ignited a loud public debate between the two Olympic medal winners and the irate tourist, as ears around the world sucked up the ugly words.

A Canadian journalist, Dick Beddoes of Toronto, finally broke up the argument. Then he, too, wound up debating Carlos, who wasted all of the post-race interview time last night lecturing the assembled journalists on what they should think and write. Perhaps it’s time that 20-year-old athletes quit passing themselves off as social philosophers.

Brundage Skips the Show

One could feel the tension building here all day yesterday. It was a foregone conclusion that Smith and Carlos would win medals in the 200 meters. A bigger question was what action the two militants would take to dramatize their protest against white America.

The front of the United States dormitory resembeld [sic] a United Nations debate. Jesse Owens lectured several newspaper men, insisting there were better stories to write than those about the black athletes and their dislike of Avery Brundage. The blacks on the United States team have said they will not accept medals from Brundage.

Yesterday Brundage was conveniently away in Acapulco, reportedly checking up on Olympic yachting. It’s somewhat ironic that Brundage wound up boycotting Smith and Carlos, two who advocated the Harry Edwards movement a long time ago.

This, too, appeared to be a big mistake on Brundage’s part. He should have stayed in Mexico City, marched to the stand with the medals, and demonstrated that he was not afraid of any threat. If Smith and Carlos had refused the medals from Brundage, Avery always could have stuck them in his pocket and taken them home to the grandchildren.

When Smith and Carlos ran, both were wearing long black sox. Carlos ran looking like a trinket shop, beads and badges and the medallions bouncing as he dashed toward the finish line.

Peter Norman, the talented Australian who nipped Carlos for second place, admitted afterward that he’s a protestor of sorts himself. He practices on week-ends in Australia, wearing a sweatshirt that proclaims: "Jesus Saves."

The way things are going, someone better save all of us before it’s too late.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    norm wrote:
    if only oregon had beaten stanford....
    If only....... :cry:
    #FHP
    tumblr_mgaggsproR1rfimo0o1_500.jpg
    norm wrote:
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    norm wrote:

can i spank kate upton like bama is spanking nd? a man can dream can't he??? :D
    Besides the Arizona Cardinals being awful this season, Darnell Dockett was hitting on AJ McCarron's girlfriend on Twitter tonight.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... b/1816437/
    So dominant they fight each other.

McCarronCenter_original.gif?1357619538
    Newch91 wrote:

tumblr_lpkduqrvjg1qj9qhto1_500.gif
    norm wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

tumblr_lpkduqrvjg1qj9qhto1_500.gif
    :lol::lol:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    norm wrote:
    Yet another reason (not that I needed one) to love Kate Upton.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    norm wrote:
    Yet another reason (not that I needed one) to love Kate Upton.
    A parody Will Ferrell account stole this joke. People on Twitter called the person out on it.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    As a Bama guy, what can I say today? ROLL TIDE.... ;)
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    As a Bama guy, what can I say today? ROLL TIDE.... ;)
    Roll Tide, Brother, Roll Tide.....haters hate, while winners win.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.