NCAA College Football -

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Im not sure what is happening with that. Video games is only a part of that, and EA went ahead and signed a deal with the College Licensing company anyways and it appears they will continue making games...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    NCAA has stopped selling Johnny Football jerseys online after getting called out for selling them on the official NCAA website.

I think we are headed towards a Big Ten / SEC mega-division for Div 1 college football when the NCAA goes bankrupt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-halts-sale-athlete-jerseys-online-store-215927617.html
    its tough territory. Fucking lawyers

Itll be interesting, but I dont foresee anything good coming of this for me.

Will the Super-Conferences break off to form their own College Football league? (which would kill it for me). Will the NCAA prevent that by using March Madness as leverage?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I really wish Manziel would just go away. So sick of hearing about this little jerkoff.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    AP Pre-Season top 25

1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State
    3 Oregon
    4 Stanford
    5 Georgia
    6 South Carolina
    7 Texas A&M
    8 Clemson
    9 Louisville
    10 Florida
    11 Florida State
    12 LSU
    13 Oklahoma State
    14 Notre Dame
    15 Texas
    16 Oklahoma
    17 Michigan
    18 Nebraska
    19 Boise State
    20 TCU
    21 UCLA
    22 Northwestern
    23 Wisconsin
    24 USC
    25 Oregon State
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    10 more days til opening night. Towson at Uconn :thumbup:

I'm sure the big 10 will suck again this year. Ohio State should win all of their league games by double digits. Awful
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm sure the big 10 will suck again this year. Ohio State should win all of their league games by double digits. Awful

Michigan, Wisconsin, and Northwestern disagree. tO$U is not nearly the juggernaut everyone thinks they are. Even with the cupcake schedule, I could still see them losing 2-3 games. Everyone is basing the hype on what happened last year, when they were not even as good as their record. They would have lost to Bama by 60+ if they had made the NC game.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    The Fixer wrote:

Michigan, Wisconsin, and Northwestern disagree. tO$U is not nearly the juggernaut everyone thinks they are. Even with the cupcake schedule, I could still see them losing 2-3 games. Everyone is basing the hype on what happened last year, when they were not even as good as their record. They would have lost to Bama by 60+ if they had made the NC game.

Michigan has a WR playing QB (black Tannehill)
    Wisconsin doesn't have a QB...and a new coach. ASU is going to destroy them in week 3.
    NW will end up like they always are...half assed because they can't stop anyone.

I agree about OSU. They play no one though, so it's conceivable that they go undefeated. Their biggest obstacle will be keeping enough players from getting arrested.

The big 10 will stink again. just like every other year. Nebraska is prob the 2nd best team...even with that turd martinez at qb
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Michigan has a WR playing QB (black Tannehill)
    Wisconsin doesn't have a QB...and a new coach. ASU is going to destroy them in week 3.
    NW will end up like they always are...half assed because they can't stop anyone.

I agree about OSU. They play no one though, so it's conceivable that they go undefeated. Their biggest obstacle will be keeping enough players from getting arrested.

The big 10 will stink again. just like every other year. Nebraska is prob the 2nd best team...even with that turd martinez at qb

Gardner at UM was always a QB, just stuck behind Robinson. He was just such a great athlete that they tried moving him to receiver for Robinson's senior year so they could both be on the field. UM Offense could actually be better with him since he can throw more than 5 yards with accuracy.

But I agree, Big Ten not half as good as the SEC despite all the O$U fellatio going on. Maybe the league is on par with the ACC, which is not a compliment by any stretch.

Gardner at UM was always a QB, just stuck behind Robinson. He was just such a great athlete that they tried moving him to receiver for Robinson's senior year so they could both be on the field. UM Offense could actually be better with him since he can throw more than 5 yards with accuracy.

But I agree, Big Ten not half as good as the SEC despite all the O$U fellatio going on. Maybe the league is on par with the ACC, which is not a compliment by any stretch.

didn't know gardner was originally a QB. I know he did look good there last year. I never liked robinson...he sucked as a passer.

always such an overrated conference. I could actually see minnesota contending this year...that's how bad things are.

anyway, really looking forward to the start of the season.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:

Oh wow. I didn't know we were opening night.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

watch yourself. I definitely give the coaching advantage to towson. I smell an upset...terrance west is gonna run wild
    uconn opened as 20 point faves. down to 16.5. I think my boys keep it close
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    GAME DAY!!!
  • I feel bad for Nicholls St.

My birds might get triple digits.

Eagles fans should watch the 1st half though. That might be your next QB playing in that game.
    NERDS!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I'm so happy it's back!!!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

watch yourself. I definitely give the coaching advantage to towson. I smell an upset...terrance west is gonna run wild

yep yep

towson represent!!

EAST HARTFORD, Conn. -- Towson running back Terrance West ran for 156 yards and two touchdowns and the Tigers won for the first time against an opponent from the bowl subdivision, upsetting Connecticut 33-18 in the season opener for both teams Thursday night.

"I'm sure in the eyes of some, this will be considered very, very big," Towson coach Rob Ambrose said. "But we've played good competition before. We've played well but couldn't get a win. In the history of this, I suppose one day people will one day look back at this as very large thing. But the family in this locker room, we have goals. And for us to reach our goals we had to win."

They not only one, they dominated the Huskies, putting up 393 yards while holding UConn to just 287.

Quarterback Peter Athens threw for 192 yards and another score and running back Sterlin Phifer caught a 23-yard touchdown and ran for another.

West carried the ball a career-high 36 times, and broke the 100-yard mark for the 12th time in his career. The junior's two fourth-quarter scores put the game away.

"From the beginning of the game I saw we could handle them," West said. "We were prepared for this event today."

Receiver Shakim Phillips had two touchdown catches for Connecticut, and Geremy Davis caught five balls for 100 yards in the losing effort.

The Huskies, who are coming off back-to-back 5-7 seasons, had not lost to an FCS team since 2001, when they were making the transition from Division I-AA to Division I.

"I think they know this is one game and we didn't play well as a team in any area," said UConn coach Paul Pasqualoni. "I think there is some leadership in the locker room and from that regard, I think we'll be fine."

The Tigers were up 13-10 at halftime and trailed just once, at 7-0.

The Huskies were held scoreless in the second half of this one until quarterback Chandler Whitmer hit Phillips with a 21-yard touchdown pass with 3:29 left in the game that cut the deficit to 26-18.

But on UConn's next opportunity, freshman Brian Lemelle fumbled a punt. West, who now has 46 career touchdowns, then put the finishing touches on the upset, scoring from 5 yards out with 16 seconds left in the game.

Connecticut took an early lead after a 92-yard drive that was set up with a diving interception by safety Obi Melifonwu. The redshirt freshman was pressed into a starting role when Andrew Adams went down in camp with a shoulder injury. Nine plays after the pick, Whitmer found Phillips breaking toward the left corner for a 31-yard catch-and-run.

Towson answered in just four plays. Phifer swung out of the backfield on a delay pattern and Athens found him wide open for a 23-yard touchdown.

Phifer scored again in the second quarter on a 5-yard run. That came two plays after Jon Desir tipped and intercepted a Whitmer pass at the UConn 29-yard line, a ball that ended up between Desir's legs.

The Huskies put together an 11-play drive and a had a first-and-goal from the 1-yard line after a 22-yard run by McCombs, but had to settle for a 22-yard field goal and went into the half trailing 13-10.

Towson controlled the second half.

Athens took the Tigers on a 13-play 95-yard drive in the third quarter, finishing it himself. His dive from a yard gave the Tigers a 19-10 lead. Leon Kinnard, a transfer from UConn, made the big play of the drive, catching a 39-yard pass that set Towson up at the UConn 25-yard line.

Connecticut drove into Towson territory, but fumbled on fourth-and-1 at the 33-yard line, giving Towson the ball back.

The Tigers then drove 62 yards in 10 plays, with West going in from 6 yards out. The junior, who carried the ball a career-high 36 times, ran 1,051 yards as a sophomore, after rushing for almost 1,300 yards and scoring 29 touchdowns as a freshman.

Towson returns 15 starters from a team that went 7-4 a year ago, barely missing the playoffs after winning its final four games.

UConn's Whitmer completed 15 of 27 passes for 199 yards and the two touchdowns. Husky running back Lyle McCombs had 76 yards rushing on 17 carries.

UConn fell to 9-3 in season openers since making the jump to the FBS in 2002, including 9-2 at Rentschler Field.

"You can't hang your head," said Whitmer. "You've gotta stay positive and come back to work on Saturday and get ready to go. The next game is up. This one is over."

Ambrose is familiar with Connecticut, where he served as offensive coordinator under former coach Randy Edsall.

Edsall will be back in two weeks with his Maryland team.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Pasqualoni(?) has been driving us to the ground since he took over. If UConn wants to be in a bigger and better conference, they better get a new coach fast.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Hackenberg, rip up the Orange
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

Yeah, very pumped for this kid
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Urban Meyer going for 2 twice already vs buffalo at home? Classless as always.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • ^^^^ Yep :roll:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    pureoc wrote:

Was watching this. What a fucking jerkoff
    they wont win... But I hope UB has properly exposed ohio state as being a fraudulent contender.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, very pumped for this kid

Not really easing him into things. Hurry up, 4th down passing etc....

I like it

Edit: having him punt :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Is there a more despicable coach in college football?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    I'm pretty impressed with this Hackenberg kid
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I think I am in love
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think I am in love

for a kid a few months removed from high school....that was an impressive debut. him and robinson look to be a pretty solid combo.
    www.myspace.com
  • pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Is there a more despicable coach in college football?

I'd pull for Saban every time over Meyer.