Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    south carolina vs oregon

odd late season matchup :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    Horos wrote:
    Props to SC. Oregon couldn't stop them. Also firgured the FG would be missed, Oregon hasn't even tried too many this year.
    when you're a big time program, is it so fucking hard to recruit a decent FG kicker??? Oregon and Boise (for the second year in a row) might want to realize that these little guys can make a huge difference.

hell, utah's guy (who is supposedly no good) kicked a 40 yarder in a blizzard yesterday.....for the win.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Props to SC. Oregon couldn't stop them. Also firgured the FG would be missed, Oregon hasn't even tried too many this year.
    when you're a big time program, is it so fucking hard to recruit a decent FG kicker??? Oregon and Boise (for the second year in a row) might want to realize that these little guys can make a huge difference.

hell, utah's guy (who is supposedly no good) kicked a 40 yarder in a blizzard yesterday.....for the win.

when you have an offense that rarely needs to kick fg's then the kicker will be rusty regardless of how much practice he gets
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,901
    mickeyrat wrote:
    soooooo, a bunch of 1 loss teams with only a game to play? yeah, i'm sure the bcs will sort all this out fairly. :roll: :lol:

college football/bcs, what a fucking joke.----every season ends with a partial birth abortion without fail. :lol:

color me a huge arkansas fan for next saturday just to add to this stupid cluster fuck.
    or we could color you a sports fan fraud. :P
    :lol:
    tough day for your buckeyes yesterday, eh mick?
    From where we were at the start of the season? with a freshmanm QB? I'll take 6-5. Thanks.

Good commentary article in todays local paper.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stor ... ckell.html

The rumors about the Ohio State coaching position had been swirling all week. Hurricane season arrived yesterday.

ESPN reported that former Florida coach Urban Meyer had talked to Ohio State about the job and that there is strong mutual interest. That’s ESPN, the company that employs Meyer as a commentator. That’s not quite the same thing as a blogger with a brother who has a friend who once played football with Meyer in high school reporting from a laptop in his basement.

If the ESPN story weren’t true, Meyer probably could have had it pulled off the website faster than he could say “Chris Spielman,” the former Ohio State linebacker and current broadcasting-booth partner whom Meyer reportedly wants on his coaching staff.

Luke Fickell is still the Ohio State coach, which makes this a little awkward. Fickell stepped up like a good soldier and took the job for at least one season when Jim Tressel was forced to resign on Memorial Day. There has been a sense that if Fickell could somehow get the Buckeyes into the Big Ten championship game, he might be able to stop the Meyer movement and secure a new contract.

Any chance of that happening likely ended yesterday, first when Wisconsin beat Illinois to oust the Buckeyes from title-game contention, and even more emphatically when Ohio State lost 20-14 to Penn State.

The Buckeyes are 6-5, which isn’t the best gauge of the kind of job Fickell did with this disjointed team in this disjointed season. But it probably is the one that administrators will use if they give Fickell their thanks instead of the job.

Not surprisingly, Fickell wouldn’t address the situation after the game. He still has one more regular-season game as coach, and it’s not just any game, but Michigan.

“I don’t talk about it,” Fickell said. “I don’t think this is the time or the place. We’re talking about the game, and we’re going to move on and talk about Michigan. And when that comes a point in time, then those things are out of my control. … I don’t turn the TV on a whole lot. I don’t open up the Internet other than the recruiting side of things. Those are things I have no control over. So I’m not going to waste a whole lot of my energy on it.”

That has been his approach all season, and it has been an admirable one, despite the disappointing record.

Fickell inherited a seriously flawed team. His quarterback fled to the NFL this summer, several of his best players served multi-game suspensions to start the season, and his best receiver, DeVier Posey, finally came off the suspension list yesterday. And the coaching staff wasn’t his.

Fickell was also starting his head-coaching career with one of the most-demanding and -unforgiving jobs in America.

“Believe me, Coach Fick doesn’t want sympathy from anyone,” junior defensive end John Simon said. “That’s the kind of guy he is. He’s a fighter like the rest of us.”

He has the players’ loyalty, which is impressive, particularly given the way the season has gone.

“Put anybody in the situation he’s been put in this year, and it’s going to be tough,” senior center Michael Brewster said. “A young team, guys suspended, and I think he’s done a heck of a job. He’s had us out there fighting every day in practice, getting after it, working hard, paying attention to the little things.

“The record doesn’t show, but if you were in the locker room, this team hasn’t pulled apart, and I think he has a large part to do with that.”

Even though the record doesn’t show it, it’s only fair to keep one thing in mind if and when Fickell is shown the door:

Tressel wouldn’t have won a Big Ten championship with this team in this situation, and before last year’s title was vacated, his teams won the previous six.

Bob Hunter is a sports columnist for The Dispatch.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

It would be great if the hogs beat lsu on friday. I think they have a legit shot. then all hell will break loose and the push for a playoff will get even more momentum.

I would be willing to bet that if LSU lost to Arkansas next weekend they would only swap places in the rankings, and it still wouldn't be enough to change anything. Just my guess.

you're probably right. I just like hearing all of the debates about which team should get the 2 spot in the rankings (I think LSU has the 1 spot locked up unless they lose twice...to arkansas, then georgia in the SEC title game)
    color me a huge arkansas fan for next saturday just to add to this stupid cluster fuck.

LSU and arkansas always play the friday after thanksgiving
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

oh okay. the battle for the golden boot or whatever they call it, right?

even bigger game this year, obviously. go razorbacks!
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,901
    The Fixer wrote:

oh okay. the battle for the golden boot or whatever they call it, right?

even bigger game this year, obviously. go razorbacks!
    FRAUD!!!!! :mrgreen:;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    richrod to arizona

pac-12 is stocking up on douchebag coaches
    norm wrote:
    richrod to arizona

pac-12 is stocking up on douchebag coaches
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    last night I was watching my alma mater, ohio university (aka harvard on the hocking) play the pretigious tuesday night game on espn :roll:

a lot of times, someone will say so and so doesn't have much of a run game. last night, I saw the most inept running game I have ever seen...miami (OH)....six carries for four yards :shock: . 99% of the time, they don't even have a back in the backfield. and, yeah, they lost :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    last night I was watching my alma mater, ohio university (aka harvard on the hocking) play the pretigious tuesday night game on espn :roll:

a lot of times, someone will say so and so doesn't have much of a run game. last night, I saw the most inept running game I have ever seen...miami (OH)....six carries for four yards :shock: . 99% of the time, they don't even have a back in the backfield. and, yeah, they lost :mrgreen:

ohio isn't bad this year. mickey tettleton's son as the qb and old cornhusker coach frank solich running the show.

Love all the rivalry games over the next 3 days. Go Auburn
    imalive wrote:
    play the prestigious tuesday night game on espn :roll:

:lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    play the prestigious tuesday night game on espn :roll:

:lol::lol:

MAC is aweful

i draw the football viewing line at the MAC.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • GO BLUE!!!

10 win season would be nice

:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    GO BLUE!!!

don't under estimate the power of good....Go Buckeyes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    GO BLUE!!!

don't under estimate the power of good....Go Buckeyes

:x

The Wolverines owe the Buckeyes one or two

Damn Dick-Rod

where's the game?

oh and GO BLUE!
  • norm wrote:
    where's the game?

oh and GO BLUE!

THE BIG HOUSE !!

Damn Dick-Rod

i miss him already. :(

so much turmoil in Columbus right now, and the fact that Braxton makes your punter (eagles) look like an MVP canidate at QB, it's not looking good the Bucks

But anything is possible.....

So i believe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:
    where's the game?

oh and GO BLUE!

THE BIG HOUSE !!

aerial.jpg

109,901 strong
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    where's the game?

oh and GO BLUE!

THE BIG HOUSE !!

aerial.jpg

109,901 strong

that is fucking awesome. i would love to see a game there at some point.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:

there's a regular contributor to the eagles thread that loves the sound of that offense. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

that place makes me want to....catch anouther ball like nick moore
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

that place makes me want to....catch anouther ball like nick moore

is that your actual grill?

is that actually your patio?

is that actually your well manicured garden around it?
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:
    Damn Dick-Rod

so much turmoil in Columbus right now, and the fact that Braxton makes your punter (eagles) look like an MVP canidate at QB, it's not looking good the Bucks

So i believe

I bet you do

Mich is actually playing with a defense

• norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    where's the game?

oh and GO BLUE!

THE BIG HOUSE !!

aerial.jpg

109,901 strong

Do you see me waving ?!?!?

;)

81 wrote:
    Damn Dick-Rod

So i believe

I bet you do

Mich is actually playing with a defense

how's the run D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    how's the run D

Not sure what they're ranked but the D has been much better this year

They can actually hold a lead and get after the QB

• CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    call me when they go to a playoff system.