NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who is this team wearing white playing at Ohio State?

just another saturday of two awful big 10 teams going at it
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who is this team wearing white playing at Ohio State?

just another saturday of two awful big 10 teams going at it

a team that is 8-2 and 6-4 is considered awful nowadays? :?

Looks like another top 10 team might be going down, Clemson losing to NC State big.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Good win for Penn state. Not a big fan of the wildcat but I like how jay said they thought it would be a good way to keep the kids heads in it and not distracted with everything going on. Big game next week
    Ok. State, Clemson, and now probably Oregon :o
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    daron thomas is so bad
    Ok. State, Clemson, and now probably Oregon :o

hold that thought on Oregon, great game between them and USC. Although looks like Baylor is beating Oklahoma now popcorn.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Props to SC. Oregon couldn't stop them. Can't believe they even came back. Thanks to those turnovers. Terrible clock managment by Oregon at the end. I know they wanted to hurry SC but they left a timeout on the board and could have had more time at the end. Also firgured the FG would be missed, Oregon hasn't even tried too many this year. Leaves the OR Civil War game I'll be attending a little less enthusiastic.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Props to SC. Oregon couldn't stop them. Can't believe they even came back. Thanks to those turnovers. Terrible clock managment by Oregon at the end. I know they wanted to hurry SC but they left a timeout on the board and could have had more time at the end. Also firgured the FG would be missed, Oregon hasn't even tried too many this year. Leaves the OR Civil War game I'll be attending a little less enthusiastic.

kelly should grow a pair and start bennett. he's so much better than the turd they started tonight

why don't they run the option with thomas?? benett is kelly's kind of qb.
    WOW :o Baylor about to beat the Sooners! Another great game and what a finish!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:
    This Oklahoma st / Iowa st game is why I love college football

exactly. anyone that likes the nfl more than cfb is a moron

what a game. I'm glad ok st lost. they are soft as shit
    I don't care for CFB. I prefer the NFL.

I'm sorry man, but you're lost.

games last two days have been better than anything the crappy nfl will ever produce
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    WOW :o Baylor about to beat the Sooners! Another great game and what a finish!

I think the Oklahoma fan boy might never come back. After all that shit talking he did (to nobody in particular) I wasn't surprised when he was laying low after the Texas Tech loss, but now with Baylor we might never see him again.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    The Fixer wrote:

games last two days have been better than anything the crappy nfl will ever produce

I think it was 2 weeks ago there were like 6 NFL games on the same day that came down to the final play. I like both. There are as many blowouts in college football as in the NFL. Some are worse with top 25 teams scheduling weak teams to pad their schedule. That's only exciting when one of them manages an upset, but 9 times out of 10 they just beat them up and the idiot students storm the field like they just won the Rose Bowl.
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it was 2 weeks ago there were like 6 NFL games on the same day that came down to the final play. I like both. There are as many blowouts in college football as in the NFL. Some are worse with top 25 teams scheduling weak teams to pad their schedule. That's only exciting when one of them manages an upset, but 9 times out of 10 they just beat them up and the idiot students storm the field like they just won the Rose Bowl.

the difference is that if a college team loses their season is over. plus the rules, the commercials, the replays, the pagentry.

I can't think of one thing about the nfl that's better than college football. not one
    The Fixer wrote:

the difference is that if a college team loses their season is over. plus the rules, the commercials, the replays, the pagentry.

I can't think of one thing about the nfl that's better than college football. not one

Not necessarily. You can lose a game and still make it to the Championship, depending on what else is going on. Look at Oklahoma, they lost to an unranked Texas Tech team and were ranked #5 before tonight. I could give two shits about pagentry, I watch football for the football. Not marching bands or student section shenanigans.

I like both, it's the same game. But college football isn't ALWAYS exciting, look at the LSU/Ole Miss game tonight. 52-3. Real riveting stuff.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    2, 4, 5, and 7 all go down, WOW!! Funny thing is OK ST lost, but they have as good a chance as anyone to make the championship game now. We will see what happens but there is no way in hell two SEC teams should play for the championship. I'd rather see a 1 loss OK ST, Stanford, Boise St, or Houston before I saw two SEC teams play. Makes me even more pissed my Badgers lost on 2 last second plays. They get one of those games they are right in the discussion. At least they have a win and in vs PSU (create your own acronym) to get to the Big Ten championship game for a rematch vs Mich St.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    The Fixer wrote:

Not necessarily. You can lose a game and still make it to the Championship, depending on what else is going on. Look at Oklahoma, they lost to an unranked Texas Tech team and were ranked #5 before tonight. I could give two shits about pagentry, I watch football for the football. Not marching bands or student section shenanigans.

I like both, it's the same game. But college football isn't ALWAYS exciting, look at the LSU/Ole Miss game tonight. 52-3. Real riveting stuff.

there are 3 times as many college games as nfl games. of course all games aren't close.

the on field products cannot be compared. one is great, the other sucks. I watch them both for gambling purposes...it's not close
    pureoc wrote:
    2, 4, 5, and 7 all go down, WOW!! Funny thing is OK ST lost, but they have as good a chance as anyone to make the championship game now. We will see what happens but there is no way in hell two SEC teams should play for the championship. I'd rather see a 1 loss OK ST, Stanford, Boise St, or Houston before I saw two SEC teams play. Makes me even more pissed my Badgers lost on 2 last second plays. They get one of those games they are right in the discussion. At least they have a win and in vs PSU (create your own acronym) to get to the Big Ten championship game for a rematch vs Mich St.

I thought oregon was deserving if they won tonight, but that game wasn't as close as the score.

I'm convinced that the three best teams in the country are LSU, bama, and arkansas.

It would be great if the hogs beat lsu on friday. I think they have a legit shot. then all hell will break loose and the push for a playoff will get even more momentum.
    The Fixer wrote:
    the on field products cannot be compared. one is great, the other sucks. I watch them both for gambling purposes...it's not close

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I like both.
    Houston can not be seriously considered pureoc. They may be undefeated, but their schedule was hilariously bad. It's not enough just to win all your games, the schedule has to have some weight in it. Let them schedule some real teams next year and if they do good they deserve to be in the hunt.
    The Fixer wrote:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I like both.

I watch both. I only like college

day and night to me
    Houston can not be seriously considered pureoc. They may be undefeated, but their schedule was hilariously bad. It's not enough just to win all your games, the schedule has to have some weight in it. Let them schedule some real teams next year and if they do good they deserve to be in the hunt.

they should get a bcs game. just not the title game.

should be two of the three out of lsu, bama, arkansas.

everyone should root for arkansas on friday. that would throw a huge bag of shit into the bcs system
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    exactly. anyone that likes the nfl more than cfb is a moron

what a game. I'm glad ok st lost. they are soft as shit

It bores me. If college football ever gets a playoff system, then I'll have an interest in it. Other than that, it bores.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    College is so much better than the NFL. The NFL blows, I don't get how anyone can defend it. The broadcasts are 95% commercials and it's pretty much two hand touch. It's garbage. I'll watch football all day Saturday over sunday anytime.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    The Fixer wrote:

It would be great if the hogs beat lsu on friday. I think they have a legit shot. then all hell will break loose and the push for a playoff will get even more momentum.

I would be willing to bet that if LSU lost to Arkansas next weekend they would only swap places in the rankings, and it still wouldn't be enough to change anything. Just my guess.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    soooooo, a bunch of 1 loss teams with only a game to play? yeah, i'm sure the bcs will sort all this out fairly. :roll: :lol:

college football/bcs, what a fucking joke.----every season ends with a partial birth abortion without fail. :lol:

color me a huge arkansas fan for next saturday just to add to this stupid cluster fuck.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

It bores me. If college football ever gets a playoff system, then I'll have an interest in it. Other than that, it bores.

totally agree. the games are exciting...but what does it matter? tough to get all hyped up about a sport that lets a computer decide the 2 teams that will play for the championship.

at this point, my only enjoyment with this sport is rooting for the best possible cluster fuck. and it looks like we're gonna get it again. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    soooooo, a bunch of 1 loss teams with only a game to play? yeah, i'm sure the bcs will sort all this out fairly. :roll: :lol:

college football/bcs, what a fucking joke.----every season ends with a partial birth abortion without fail. :lol:

color me a huge arkansas fan for next saturday just to add to this stupid cluster fuck.
    or we could color you a sports fan fraud. :P
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    starting with my utes winning in OT and then going to USC-Oregon and then going to OK-Baylor.....it was like the last night of the MLB regular season :mrgreen: . good stuff......and the first time in my life I ever pulled for USC :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mickeyrat wrote:

or we could color you a sports fan fraud. :P
    :lol:
    tough day for your buckeyes yesterday, eh mick?
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Horos wrote:

kelly should grow a pair and start bennett. he's so much better than the turd they started tonight

why don't they run the option with thomas?? benett is kelly's kind of qb.
    I'm more excited for the guy behind Bennett, Marcus Mariota, he's gonna be good.

I might be the only one here hoping that LSU and Bama win out. That way this Duck loss won't really matter. :|
    NERDS!