NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Louisville was concentrating on the new Call of Duty game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-wp9871
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    the guy who replaced paterno seems like quite the tool. :problem:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

who knows what was going on

should psu accept a bowl bid?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

who knows what was going on

Erickson said if the current players earn the chance to play in a bowl, they have every right to play and they will. That said, I would hope Penn State donates a serious chunk of the change they make to charity.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    norm wrote:

depends on the payout ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Good question. I didnt see it before.

Did these breaks of the rules rise to that level? Personally I dont think so either individually OR collectively for each player.
    In terms of "tattoogate" can you really fault the player beyond the imposed suspensions, for what amounted to tacit approval from the institution?
    Now Jamal Berry on the other hand , rightly HAS been suspended awaiting legal verdict on the alledged assualts. First one on campus he was given benefit of the doubt. after the second and subsequest filing of charges ,he sits. As he should. DAmn shame too , cuz the dude has talent. If the allegations are true, its a waste. But he had a choice.

Berry was suppose to be the next Beanie. Looks like Hyde is going to take the roll...

anyways, as for the question about player suspensions....imo, the players the sold/traded their personal property should have not been suspended.

players "borrowing" cars should have been

Maurice was handled a long time ago, and oh btw, only played one season, which was clean...all the shit with him started the following year, if memory serves. it may not.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Erickson said if the current players earn the chance to play in a bowl, they have every right to play and they will. That said, I would hope Penn State donates a serious chunk of the change they make to charity.

well if they do (and i think they should just for the player's sake) they should donate ALL money to the victims
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

depends on the payout ;)

sad, but probably true
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

well if they do (and i think they should just for the player's sake) they should donate ALL money to the victims

Agreed
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I think Luke is the guy to get OSU past this shit from the past decade.

that seems to be the assumption....

He is in such a shit spot. No matter what he does, he mostly likely gone after the season, unless there are major issues (no bowl game next year), then i can see the school keeping him around.

he's done a decent job....the team has improved from early in the season. just need to find a QB who can throw a decent pass. Hopefully, Braxton improves this off season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pureoc wrote:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG thanks to Purdue and Nebraska today. Coudln't have gone much better for my Badgers, back to controlling our own destiny for the Big Ten Championship game!! No excuse to not get to Indy now. Really hoping I get to go since I've got tickets!! Let's go BADGERS!!!

you need to work on your anger mgmt....

weren't you saying the other day, you were going to sell your tickets even if the badgers made it? hmm...

either way...if we have learned anything this year, the Badgers were over rated as always and will forever be a little 8 team. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Good question. I didnt see it before.

Did these breaks of the rules rise to that level? Personally I dont think so either individually OR collectively for each player.
    In terms of "tattoogate" can you really fault the player beyond the imposed suspensions, for what amounted to tacit approval from the institution?
    Now Jamal Berry on the other hand , rightly HAS been suspended awaiting legal verdict on the alledged assualts. First one on campus he was given benefit of the doubt. after the second and subsequest filing of charges ,he sits. As he should. DAmn shame too , cuz the dude has talent. If the allegations are true, its a waste. But he had a choice.

Berry was suppose to be the next Beanie. Looks like Hyde is going to take the roll...

anyways, as for the question about player suspensions....imo, the players the sold/traded their personal property should have not been suspended.

players "borrowing" cars should have been

Maurice was handled a long time ago, and oh btw, only played one season, which was clean...all the shit with him started the following year, if memory serves. it may not.
    He talked some smack about tutors doing classwork and some other shit. Kinda the same stuff Troy Smith was saying well after Clarett was gone.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG thanks to Purdue and Nebraska today. Coudln't have gone much better for my Badgers, back to controlling our own destiny for the Big Ten Championship game!! No excuse to not get to Indy now. Really hoping I get to go since I've got tickets!! Let's go BADGERS!!!

weren't you saying the other day, you were going to sell your tickets even if the badgers made it? hmm...

either way...if we have learned anything this year, the Badgers were over rated as always and will forever be a little 8 team. ;)

Ha! I may be an over emotional fan, guilty as charged! We will see what happens.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed

most teams actually lose money by accepting bowl invites. there was an SI article about this a couple of years ago. something like 3 of the 64 teams that went to bowls ended up in the black.
    The Fixer wrote:
    most teams actually lose money by accepting bowl invites. there was an SI article about this a couple of years ago. something like 3 of the 64 teams that went to bowls ended up in the black.

link?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

I think wisconsin is the best big 10 team by far. not even close. both of their losses were fluky. they would destroy either of the teams they lost to on a neutral field.
    but they don't play on a neutreal field....

Wisconsin just can't win the big ones.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

where is the big 10 title game? I'm guessing a neutral field. wisconsin will be laying double digits and they will be the lock of the year
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

where is the big 10 title game? I'm guessing a neutral field. wisconsin will be laying double digits and they will be the lock of the year

Indy at the Colts field

The big ten blows this year...big time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Indy at the Colts field

it's like that every year. big 10 teams were great in bowls last year
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Indy at the Colts field

Does the Big Ten suck cause OSU and Michigan are down? That's a stupid reason (which i think the natl media sadly believes), WI and Michigan State are good teams, and NEB isn't too bad either. Are we the SEC? No, but we also have academic standards in Big Ten country!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:

Does the Big Ten suck cause OSU and Michigan are down? That's a stupid reason, WI and Michigan State are good teams, and NEB isn't too bad either. Are we the SEC, no? But we also have academic standards in Big Ten country!!!

You can't honestly think the Big Ten is having a banner season? can you?

WI has impressed.....agaist the powder puffs on their schedule. they have one quality win vs. NE.

and NE hasn't been all that impressive. MSU doesn't impress. do we wanna talk PSU. not only are they in full on meltdown mode, the team could barely move the ball agaist temple. MI can't be a quality opponent and well, the Buckeyes stink on both sides of the ball. Their D went from being a top 5 in the country year in and year out to being mediocre. and the QB position...good god.

really, who in the big ten would you take to face OK State, LSU, Bama, Stanford, Oregon, or Boise?

Big Ten is having a down year. It happens. There is nothing wrong with being honest about it. and it's not just about OSU and MI being down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Indy at the Colts field

Does the Big Ten suck cause OSU and Michigan are down? That's a stupid reason (which i think the natl media sadly believes), WI and Michigan State are good teams, and NEB isn't too bad either. Are we the SEC? No, but we also have academic standards in Big Ten country!!!

nebraska sucks. MSU is average at best.
    in other news....UMass to join the MAC for football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

NE is ok. just like msu is ok, and psu is ok and wi is ok....bunch of blah in the big ten this season.

guess that will happen when the Buckeyes have a down year...nobody else can step up and fill that void....don't worry...OSU will be back soon enough to carry the rest of the leauge.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:

Indy at the Colts field

Yeah, and Penn State just screwed themselves for a long time. The Big Ten is way overrated. Especially when teams like Indiana, Northwestern, and Minnesota are in it.
    81 wrote:
    in other news....UMass to join the MAC for football.

Ha, that's funny. They have been a doormat in the CAA the last few years. They will get smashed in the MAC
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

NE is ok. just like msu is ok, and psu is ok and wi is ok....bunch of blah in the big ten this season.

guess that will happen when the Buckeyes have a down year...nobody else can step up and fill that void....don't worry...OSU will be back soon enough to carry the rest of the leauge.

we disagree with wisconsin. they are good. rest of the league blows as always.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

when you can't beat a team that has no passing game, you aren't that good. Wisconsin's only quality win was vs. NE. Outside of that who have they played? nobody.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

when you can't beat a team that has no passing game, you aren't that good. Wisconsin's only quality win was vs. NE. Outside of that who have they played? nobody.

That's the big 10 way...those teams rarely schedule big games out of conference. PSU is usually the kings of this. They almost NEVER play on the road until October when conf play starts. I give them credit for playing bama the last two years, but they didn't have a prayer to win either of those games.

Just looked at wisconsin's schedule. yikes. I do think both of their losses were flukes. I think they are the only big ten team that will have any chance of winning a BCS game this year.

I think the big 10 is so overrated in general. there is usually one decent team in that conference. then one above avg team. then the rest is pure and utter garbage
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's the big 10 way...those teams rarely schedule big games out of conference. PSU is usually the kings of this. They almost NEVER play on the road until October when conf play starts. I give them credit for playing bama the last two years, but they didn't have a prayer to win either of those games.

Just looked at wisconsin's schedule. yikes. I do think both of their losses were flukes. I think they are the only big ten team that will have any chance of winning a BCS game this year.

I think the big 10 is so overrated in general. there is usually one decent team in that conference. then one above avg team. then the rest is pure and utter garbage

kind of like the big east, pac 10, cc and often the big 12, or whatever they are called now. :lol:

yeah, msu was a freaky ending, as was the buckeyes (although the buckeyes led most of the way and shut down the wiconsin running game)

sadly, it's not just the big ten that schedules powder puff teams to start the season. how often do you see an SEC team play anybody of note before a bowl game? it's pretty rare outside of the PSU/Bama games and the Bulldogs heading to Ohio.

Buckeyes do go out and try to set up a good game for the 3rd week of the season most years (TX/USC/Miami/Georgia)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg