NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Wow just lost all respect for Paterno, if he doesn't resign he needs to be fired immediately.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    Was there an earthquake in Oklahoma? I guess after the LSU/Bama game i flipped to the Ok. State game. Afterwards one of the commentators mentioned that they thought they just had an earthquake. At first i thought it was in Alabama cuz I was just watching that, but then realized they were in OK.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Wow just lost all respect for Paterno, if he doesn't resign he needs to be fired immediately.

What did paterno do? From my understanding he reported everything he knew to Curley, immediately.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wow just lost all respect for Paterno, if he doesn't resign he needs to be fired immediately.

What did paterno do? From my understanding he reported everything he knew to Curley, immediately.

yup
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It's what he didn't do that's the issue.He should've gone to the police but no he kept him on his staff and the abuse continued.
    It's what he didn't do that's the issue.He should've gone to the police but no he kept him on his staff and the abuse continued.

Aren't you supposed to go to your boss with those situations? You can say he should have fired him but I don't think it's his job to call authorities.
  • Cmon you don't think paterno has law enforcement connections he should've never let the university sweep this under the rug. The least he could've done was fire him so why did he keep a pedophile on his staff.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    hey, bama....go away....stfu.....we'll find someone else to play in the championship game.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Agreed....I afraid this one is getting swept under the rug by the sports media...Teflon Joe
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    imalive wrote:
    hey, bama....go away....stfu.....we'll find someone else to play in the championship game.
    We'll be back....Roll Tide
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    tybird wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    see ya next year ;)

most of america has no interest in a rematch.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    see ya next year ;)

most of america has no interest in a rematch.
    I'm not expecting or really campaigning for a re-match....about a thousand crazy things have to happen for that to even be considered...but there is still a lot of football to be played....we're still better than any Big Ten, Big East, Big 12 and Pac 12 team. :twisted:
  • I hope he doesn't slide on this, this is unexcusable he should've reported this guy to the police. The fact that he kept a pedophile on the staff makes me sick. Joe Paterno is a fucking piece of shit.
    tybird wrote:
    Agreed....I afraid this one is getting swept under the rug by the sports media...Teflon Joe
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I hope he doesn't slide on this, this is unexcusable he should've reported this guy to the police. The fact that he kept a pedophile on the staff makes me sick. Joe Paterno is a fucking piece of shit.
    tybird wrote:

From what I've read about the story, JoePa just heard rumors and second hand accounts of what allegedly (a key word, this is still America and that whole innocent until proven guilty thing) was happening, and he immediately reported that to his boss. They didn't report it, and therefore are being charged with perjury. All there is right now is a bunch of rumors and allegations circling around, a little premature to act like judge, jury and executioner, and calling people pieces of shit.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I hope he doesn't slide on this, this is unexcusable he should've reported this guy to the police. The fact that he kept a pedophile on the staff makes me sick. Joe Paterno is a fucking piece of shit.
    tybird wrote:

This is fucking nonsense. He heard what he heard from an assistant coach and reported it to his boss. That is exactly what you do in that situation.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [/quote]

This is fucking nonsense. He heard what he heard from an assistant coach and reported it to his boss. That is exactly what you do in that situation.[/quote]
    As a victim of this crime, I have no tolerance for those who spread this sickness. You just don't report this to your boss...especially if you knew that this criminal was running a charity for children...who he was victimizing...you don't treat a grown man raping children like a employee who is leaving the job early or parking in the wrong space. You just don't pass the buck.
    tybird wrote:
    As a victim of this crime, I have no tolerance for those who spread this sickness. You just don't report this to your boss...especially if you knew that this criminal was running a charity for children...who he was victimizing...you don't treat a grown man raping children like a employee who is leaving the job early or parking in the wrong space. You just don't pass the buck.

Had Paterno actually seen something, then yes. But he heard this stuff second hand. If anything the person who reported it to Paterno should have contacted the police. Paterno is really just the middle man in all of this. He's an old man who doesn't know shit except for football. Somebody told him a rumor, and he reported it to his boss.
    tybird wrote:

Had Paterno actually seen something, then yes. But he heard this stuff second hand. If anything the person who reported it to Paterno should have contacted the police. Paterno is really just the middle man in all of this. He's an old man who doesn't know shit except for football. Somebody told him a rumor, and he reported it to his boss.

Exactly. He didn't know anything, he heard something. I agree that this is sickening, but he heard a rumor and told his boss. He is in a much higher position than I am, but if I heard something like this in the workplace, it is my responsibility to tell my boss/HR. Could he have done more? Possibly. But you can't really say he is a scumbag for the way he handled it.

I am not taking this situation lightly either, it is a horrible horrible thing and if true, Sandusky deserves to spend the rest of his life rotting in prison but Paterno heard a rumor and told his employer. And keep in mind Sandusky was NOT an employee of Paterno at the time or a coach, he was already retired. It was the schools responsibility to figure this shit out, not Paternos.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    It seems the focus of this revalation has shifted to the wrong place. Should be squarely on this scumbag and perhaps the cops. 3 year inquiry? WTF? This is a slamdunk at this point. Just hope they dont take a plea deal and this guy gets the max.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Joe Paterno is not just a employee of Penn St he is Penn St. he could've done whatever he wanted and he chose to do nothing he is a fucking disgrace.
    tybird wrote:

Not second hand...the person who witnessed it told Joe....big difference from a rumor
    Joe Paterno is not a employee of Penn St he is Penn St. he could've done whatever he wanted and he chose to do nothing he is a fucking disgrace.

Come on dude. He's a coach, not a cop. And Sandusky was not his employee nor part of his coaching staff at the time. He told his boss what he heard, his boss who WAS responsible for him.
    Joe Paterno is not just a employee of Penn St he is Penn St. he could've done whatever he wanted and he chose to do nothing he is a fucking disgrace.
    He actually did something....he passed the buck
    Joe Paterno is not a employee of Penn St he is Penn St. he could've done whatever he wanted and he chose to do nothing he is a fucking disgrace.

Apparently you already have your mind made up and the facts don't matter at all unless it ends with calling Joe Paterno a "fucking disgrace", which I imagine stems from some sort of sports rivalry and having very little to do with the facts of this case. Joe was told a rumor, and he reported it. The dude's not a fucking detective. The person who was the actual witness should have called the cops. Had Joe called the cops they would have just wanted to talk to the witness anyway. :roll:
    tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

Not second hand...the person who witnessed it told Joe....big difference from a rumor

That's actually the definition of second-hand. Joe didn't see it, somebody told him. The person who saw this should have called the cops. Shouldn't Sandusky be the one people are demonizing and not some old man caught in the middle?
  • Joe Paterno is not a employee of Penn St he is Penn St. he could've done whatever he wanted and he chose to do nothing he is a fucking disgrace.

Apparently you already have your mind made up and the facts don't matter at all unless it ends with calling Joe Paterno a "fucking disgrace", which I imagine stems from some sort of sports rivalry and having very little to do with the facts of this case.

I'm a SEC fan I couldn't care less about any team in the Big Ten
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Apparently you already have your mind made up and the facts don't matter at all unless it ends with calling Joe Paterno a "fucking disgrace", which I imagine stems from some sort of sports rivalry and having very little to do with the facts of this case.

my fraud meter is going off......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

I forgot the SEC is "THE" ethical conference in college football!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tybird wrote:

Exactly. He didn't know anything, he heard something. I agree that this is sickening, but he heard a rumor and told his boss. He is in a much higher position than I am, but if I heard something like this in the workplace, it is my responsibility to tell my boss/HR. Could he have done more? Possibly. But you can't really say he is a scumbag for the way he handled it.

I am not taking this situation lightly either, it is a horrible horrible thing and if true, Sandusky deserves to spend the rest of his life rotting in prison but Paterno heard a rumor and told his employer. And keep in mind Sandusky was NOT an employee of Paterno at the time or a coach, he was already retired. It was the schools responsibility to figure this shit out, not Paternos.

possibly? come on cliff. he could have done WAY more. technically, he did the minimum amount that was required of him. but if i were joe paterno and i was told that my former defensive coordinator of 30 years, who still has an office on campus, not far from mine, was raping a 10 year old kid in the the showers that my football team uses----you're damn right i would have done a whole lot more than just report it to the ad. and you're damn right i would have followed up and questioned why nothing was done about it.

and he didn't just hear a rumor. stop saying that. he heard from the guy who witnessed it first hand. a guy who a grand jury says is extremely credible. he was reporting it to his boss (paterno). this was clearly not a rumor.

this whole thing sickens me. absolutely sickens me. i couldn't even get through half of that grand jury testimony. it's like sandusky is a priest and the higher ups at psu are the cardinals sweeping these disgusting acts under the rug.

always been a penn state fan. always loved joe paterno. always was proud that it seemed like they always tried to do things the right way as opposed to other schools. but this obviously is worse than anything that has ever happened at any other school.

as much as i think joepa shares some of the blame for not doing as much as he could have to help this from happening to other kids, i'm still saddened that his legacy will be forever tarnished because of the actions of this despicable human being.

i am literally sick to my stomach.
    www.myspace.com