NCAA College Football -

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I hate this style of football :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Boise St. could be headed to the Big East for football only.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... st-bigeast
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

idaho is now in the east :roll:

really :roll:

all this confrence swapping is starting to piss me off.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

This is why college football needs a playoff system.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

It's about the student athlete? MY ASS! You have conferences that span the fn entire country. It's becoming a joke.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

It's about the student athlete? MY ASS! You have conferences that span the fn entire country. It's becoming a joke.

I think all of this stuff is the next step towards a playoff. These conferences dissolving themselves is the best thing that could happen. Eventually it will be down to 4 super conferences...then you will see the playoff system implemented. It's starting to evolve fellas, this shit is all good.

Also, Washington is going to beat oregon tomorrow. Huskies are 17 point dogs. Jump all over them. Chris Polk is an absolute animal. I love that guy. Keith Price is good too. Huskie coming out party tomorrow night.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think all of this stuff is the next step towards a playoff. These conferences dissolving themselves is the best thing that could happen. Eventually it will be down to 4 super conferences...then you will see the playoff system implemented. It's starting to evolve fellas, this shit is all good.

Also, Washington is going to beat oregon tomorrow. Huskies are 17 point dogs. Jump all over them. Chris Polk is an absolute animal. I love that guy. Keith Price is good too. Huskie coming out party tomorrow night.

i'm all for a playoff, but i also like tradition.

give me the old school confrences of 2 years ago. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm all for a playoff, but i also like tradition.

give me the old school confrences of 2 years ago. :lol:

can't have it both ways. if they ever go to a playoff, it will diminish importance of conference play (bama/LSU would be just another game with a playoff system.

I see both sides. I like the bowl games and I would love a playoff. As long as they are making lines on these games I will be happy :D

College football is great
    assuming 16 game tourney....

sat's game would be just as hyped...you know how the media works

the winner would (assuming they win out) be the number 1 seed, and LSU would be the first at large seed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm in the minority...i like it the way it is (although this conference realignment is silly)...the rankings etc make the regular season mean something...lose 1 game, chances are you won't have a chance at the nc...if you go to a playoff season, a team with a losing record (i'm looking at you seahawks) can make the playoffs...lame
    81 wrote:

the winner would (assuming they win out) be the number 1 seed, and LSU would be the first at large seed.

yeah, you're definitely right about the hype. I was just saying that a game in the first week of november wouldn't end a team's season if there was a playoff system. Whoever loses that game tomorrow night is probably out of the national title picture. I think that aspect is pretty fucking cool...a team loses and they are possible done...see sooners, oklahoma.

some good games tomorrow. gotta love saturdays in october and november
    norm wrote:
    i'm in the minority...i like it the way it is (although this conference realignment is silly)...the rankings etc make the regular season mean something...lose 1 game, chances are you won't have a chance at the nc...if you go to a playoff season, a team with a losing record (i'm looking at you seahawks) can make the playoffs...lame

and you would be wrong.

how many times did a team get left out of the title game even tho they deserved a shot?

give me a 4 team playoff..i don't care, something. top 8 works for me as well.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, you're definitely right about the hype. I was just saying that a game in the first week of november wouldn't end a team's season if there was a playoff system. Whoever loses that game tomorrow night is probably out of the national title picture. I think that aspect is pretty fucking cool...a team loses and they are possible done...see sooners, oklahoma.

i get that....but what about those years when you have three one loss teams from 3 different confrences?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

I don't see how anyone can like the nfl over cfb. no contest. game atmosphere, importance of regular season, on-field product, tv broadcasts (namely number of commercials), tv game options, etc. no comparison IMO.

saturdays are infinitely more enjoyable than sundays
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

i get that....but what about those years when you have three one loss teams from 3 different confrences?

people should start to realize that the SEC is the only conference that matters. that would solve a lot of problems

now if CBS would just find someone to relpace vern lundquist we'd be all set
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

and you would be wrong.

how many times did a team get left out of the title game even tho they deserved a shot?

give me a 4 team playoff..i don't care, something. top 8 works for me as well.....

it's not perfect by a long shot but i still prefer the rankings...like i said, i'm in the minority and don't expect anyone to agree with me :)
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

I don't see how anyone can like the nfl over cfb. no contest. game atmosphere, importance of regular season, on-field product, tv broadcasts (namely number of commercials), tv game options, etc. no comparison IMO.

100% agree

you have games from 11am central until like 1am central.....always a game on to watch.

i can barely watch an nfl game that doesn't involve the Bears, but i can watach just about any college game, as long as they play some sort of D and don't run that god aweful spread

speaking of the spread, love all the different styles of offense, from teh buckeys current smash mouth I formation, to the triple option, to more wide open passing attacks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

and you would be wrong.

it's not perfect by a long shot but i still prefer the rankings...like i said, i'm in the minority and don't expect anyone to agree with me :)

go to a 4 or even 6 team playoff, and rankings still matter alot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

for once we agree...all of that is why i prefer cfb over the nfl...the only time i even really care about the nfl is the second round of the playoffs
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

100% agree

you have games from 11am central until like 1am central.....always a game on to watch.

i can barely watch an nfl game that doesn't involve the Bears, but i can watach just about any college game, as long as they play some sort of D and don't run that god aweful spread

speaking of the spread, love all the different styles of offense, from teh buckeys current smash mouth I formation, to the triple option, to more wide open passing attacks

yeah, man I agree completely.

I will watch any game as well and I love the different styles. I'm watching USC/Colorado right now. Love it
    81 wrote:

i'm ok with that except for one thing...

i grew up going to the rose bowl....new years day every year i expect to see the the big 10 lose to the pac 10 ;):lol: a playoff will kill that...selfish i know, but i love it so
    norm wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

for once we agree...all of that is why i prefer cfb over the nfl...the only time i even really care about the nfl is the second round of the playoffs

the nfl product gets worse every year IMO. if not for gambling I wouldn't even watch those god awful games. especially the prime time games.
    edited November 2011
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i grew up going to the rose bowl....new years day every year i expect to see the the big 10 lose to the pac 10 ;):lol: a playoff will kill that...selfish i know, but i love it so

don't worry, the big 10 will lose to whatever conference they play :D. the big 10 teams were hilarious in the bowls last year
    edited November 2011
    81 wrote:
    100% agree

yep...if it wasn't for the sc/colo game i'd probably have the kent st/c mich game on
    Post edited by norm on
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

:x

but you can still have that....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

:x

but you can still have that....

well maybe...i mean it's already been stained by games like miami/nebraska and texas :sick:
    norm wrote:
    well maybe...i mean it's already been stained by games like miami/nebraska and texas :sick:

but NE is big ten. :?

big ten network plays the "big tens greatest games" every now and also profiles the great players/coachs of the big then....the other night they profiled tom osborne and then showed NE/TN from 88(?) P. Mannings last season in TN.

i was like, whoa nelly (guess who is commentating)....Tom never coached in teh big ten, and NE/TN was a big twelve/SEC match up.

hmm..now that i think about it....does that game count in the Big 10/SEC all time match up counts?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

but NE is big ten. :?

now they are...but it was more miami...they shouldn't be allowed west of the Mississippi or even out of florida :P
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,532
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

and you would be wrong.

that would make too much sense. :lol:

and you wouldn't have to ruin conferences and break up decades long rivalries ( :x ) just in the name of the almighty dollar. sorry normy, i think college football is a joke at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Wish I was your bookie. Oregon wins by 24.
    #FHP