Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Wobbie said:
    harbaugh didn’t know!!! stallions went rogue!!! :lol:
    Two years ago, he's on the hot seat.  Suddenly they can't lose and he's negotiating an extension. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,530
    brian kelly is one of the few coaches who can make me root for saban. harbaugh would be another.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hmmm. Tough break there Harbaugh.  The whole conference is pulling for him since he's such a great guy.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38864724/sources-big-ten-ban-michigan-jim-harbaugh-field
  • Options
    I predict an injunction.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I predict an injunction.
    There is some serious evidence:  https://www.elevenwarriors.com/the-big-ten/2023/11/142775/ncaa-knew-and-could-prove-michigan-conducted-in-person-scouting-scheme-using-master-spreadsheet-as-evidence

MICHIGAN’S “MASTER SPREADSHEET” DETAILS SIGN-STEALING ACTIVITIES

The NCAA obtained what it described as a “master spreadsheet” from Michigan that “included a very large amount of detailed information regarding the impermissible scheme.” Per the notice of disciplinary action, the spreadsheet included the following items:

• a large and detailed chart listing the names of various individuals assigned to attend past and future football games involving the University’s scheduled football opponents 
    • similar in-person attendance assignments for past and future games involving highlyranked, non-conference football opponents (presumably potential University football opponents in post-season games)
    • notations showing whether in-person attendance at non-conference games would be necessary depending on different win/loss scenarios
    • the 2023 game schedules of the university’s scheduled football opponents
    • color-coding to reflect past games actually attended by assigned individuals and future games for which individual assignments were still needed 
    • the names of individuals assigned to certain cities and locations 
    • monetary amounts associated with certain assigned games

Connor Stalions’ name was “prevalent” in the master spreadsheet, per the league’s disciplinary notice.

Between Oct. 20 and Nov. 4, the Big Ten received additional documentation from conference numbers that indicated Stalions purchased tickets to at least four games in 2021, 13 games in 2022 and five games in 2023 involving future Michigan opponents at other Big Ten schools. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey also informed the Big Ten that Stalions purchased tickets to the SEC Championship Game.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,870
    What an expectedly weak punishment. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    I have 2 Michigan friends who are massively pissed off....and I don't blame them.  They didn't enjoy, however, when I shared that I thought this was wayyyyyyy too little of an overall punishment.
    Rushing to do it, Big 10 is fucking it up.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I have 2 Michigan friends who are massively pissed off....and I don't blame them.  They didn't enjoy, however, when I shared that I thought this was wayyyyyyy too little of an overall punishment.

jim’s gonna “pull a pete carroll.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,219

It’s wild how much Michigan fans now sound like Patriots fans.  It’s not being a bad fan to admit the obvious,  your team cheated and got caught. Stop excusing it 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    edited November 2023
    Wobbie said:

Jim's never gonna be even remotely like Pete Carroll.
    Jim is an asshole with no friends and no nattys.  
    pjhawks said:

It’s wild how much Michigan fans now sound like Patriots fans.  It’s not being a bad fan to admit the obvious,  your team cheated and got caught. Stop excusing it 
    Agree.  The whining made me want to puke after the game.  "When your back is against the wall....when everyone is against you...."
    Fuck the hell off.  You knew the plays of the teams you were playing.  The punishment should ve worse than anything we've seen from joke NCAA.  I'm sure they will now do nothing given what the Big 10 did and the reaction everyone is having

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,986
    Man same result every year for Penn State beat everyone but Ohio St. and Michigan Pearl-Jam-Smileys
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

This isn't it.  The NCAA is going to levy its own punishment but that won't be until next year.  The BIG can do more. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This isn't it.  The NCAA is going to levy its own punishment but that won't be until next year.  The BIG can do more. 
    I would hope so but I know better than to expect smart responses from a bs organization like the NCAA
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I would hope so but I know better than to expect smart responses from a bs organization like the NCAA
    They exist to make money and Michigan is a money maker. So I don't expect something material. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

you know what I’m saying….not comparing personalities….just saying Jim is getting out of dodge before the shit drops….kinda like someone else.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Does the Pac even pretend to play defense? It's absurd sometimes. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

you know what I’m saying….not comparing personalities….just saying Jim is getting out of dodge before the shit drops….kinda like someone else.
    Ya got ya.

mrussel1 said:
    Does the Pac even pretend to play defense? It's absurd sometimes. 
    Not any more
  • Options
    jimbo gets $76M to GTFO. is this a great country or what?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    jimbo gets $76M to GTFO. is this a great country or what?
    Yeah, that guy is horrid.  Nice payday for underdelivering.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,023
    Wish someone would pay me $76 million to not work. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Wish someone would pay me $76 million to not work. 
    Especially after you had one good year out of the contract.  
  • Options
    Anybody catch the fill in Michigans coach interview at the end of the game?  Quite a few expletive's on live TV, lol.
  • Options
    did harbaugh really refer to michigan as “america’s team”? OMG.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    what’s lincoln riley’s buyout cost?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    FSU qb injury was gruesome  
  • Options
    Three turtledoves.
    He is overrated.  Should just be onside kicking every time there is a kickoff, with that defense.  :lol:   
    Losing to both ND and fUCLA in the same season is a sin, as SC coach.  Sure, we want to be conference Champs and win Rose Bowls 
    ...play for more, but the absolute minimum from the people who went there is to win those games.
    Played worst two games of the year in those games.

Sometimes being a fan is not a whole lot of fun!  
  • Options
    Also...Bo Nix, 6 TDs in first half?  Impressive, even for a 5th year qb  (still think it is wild looking at how many games some of these qbs started.  Covid was a change up. 5th year isn't unusual with redshirts....but having kids play 5 years is.)

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,870
    Also...Bo Nix, 6 TDs in first half?  Impressive, even for a 5th year qb  (still think it is wild looking at how many games some of these qbs started.  Covid was a change up. 5th year isn't unusual with redshirts....but having kids play 5 years is.)

Definitely taints some of the record books.

Is Lincoln Riley a Clay Helton 2.0? Hope so!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Definitely taints some of the record books.

Is Lincoln Riley a Clay Helton 2.0? Hope so!
    Not that bad but advertised as so much more.  
  • Options
    matt rhule coached that game like a total pussy. if you don’t think you can win in regulation, what makes you think you’ll win in OT?

I’ve decided there’s only two teams to root for to win it all - THEosu or georgia.

fuck michigan and harbaugh.

fuck washington. I thought I was OK with them but odunze, penix and the DB were all doing a lot of flexing last night. oregon state kind of fucked up.

fuck FSU….historical hate for that “school”

fuck oregon aka phil knight state

bama or texas? fuck them, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12