Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Let's go UConn! A win and we go to a BCS bowl game. Not sure which bowl but I think it's Fiesta Bowl.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

TCU will beat wisconsin

Care to place a bet on that???? ;)

you obviously don't know me very well. I will be betting heavily on this game

And you obviously don't know the Wisconsin Badgers. hehehe
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

sure I do. I watch a ton of college football. wisconsin looked great against indiana and NW...tcu is better than any team in that crap conference. Including wisconsin and ohio state.

TCU will be getting points and I will be loading up on the frogs
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

sure I do. I watch a ton of college football. wisconsin looked great against indiana and NW...tcu is better than any team in that crap conference. Including wisconsin and ohio state.

The Badgers will march down the field all day long on whoever they play. They have the size and speed to do it.

And on Defense they have some guy named J.J. Watt that is pretty good.

Badgers all the way my freind.

Sucks there is no playoffs.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

The Badgers will march down the field all day long on whoever they play. They have the size and speed to do it.

And on Defense they have some guy named J.J. Watt that is pretty good.

Badgers all the way my freind.

Sucks there is no playoffs.

we will see

I will admit that my bowl betting history is not very good. I kill my bookie during the regular season and usually give it all back during the bowls.

I think wisconsin will be 3-5 point faves...at least that's what I'm hoping.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    Newch91 wrote:
    Let's go UConn! A win and we go to a BCS bowl game. Not sure which bowl but I think it's Fiesta Bowl.
    fucking uconn. my best argument against the BCS :roll: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hey! They're a good team that was projected to win the Big East this season and they're 30 minutes away from it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    sean mcdunough is great. and yes, I like millen as an announcer
  • Options
    UConn to the BCS Fiesta Bowl!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hey! They're a good team that was projected to win the Big East this season and they're 30 minutes away from it.

winning the big east is like making out with your sister.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    For UConn, it's big for them winning the Big East and going to the BCS.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, but for the rest of us, it's the loss of a big bowl game. UConn vs. OK? That's must see bowl tv right their. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, but for the rest of us, it's the loss of a big bowl game. UConn vs. OK? That's must see bowl tv right their. :lol:
    Don't doubt my Huskies.
  • Options
    if it was march madness, but a 4 loss bcs bowl team. really? teh big east should be playing the wac in the kraft fights hunger bowl, not the fiesta
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    and the "national championship game" isn't until jan 10th? really? how long until it is played after the super bowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    if it was march madness, but a 4 loss bcs bowl team. really? teh big east should be playing the wac in the kraft fights hunger bowl, not the fiesta
    West Virginia was a 4 loss team in 2008 and was a BCS bowl team and won their bowl game. The Big East had quality teams this year: UConn, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and South Florida. I understand that the Big East really isn't a powerhouse conference in football, but everyone knows it's the best conference in basketball. I think the Big East is going to get stronger as the years go on in football.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    and the "national championship game" isn't until jan 10th? really? how long until it is played after the super bowl.
    It seems like they keep pushing the championship game back year after year.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, i think it's like voting, it's the first monday after the second tuesday before the 3rd wed, or something like that. just play it the monday after new years. we don't need all those crapppy bowl games between new years and the 10th.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    West Virginia was a 4 loss team in 2008 and was a BCS bowl team and won their bowl game. The Big East had quality teams this year: UConn, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and South Florida. I understand that the Big East really isn't a powerhouse conference in football, but everyone knows it's the best conference in basketball. I think the Big East is going to get stronger as the years go on in football.

say what?

2008 WV team beat NC in the Meinke car care bowl. team finisehd 9-4

however, the 2007 team went to the Fiesta Bowl and beat OK. they would have been in the BCS game, but choked to PItt in teh backyard brawl. finished 11-2

the big east has had some good teams, but when UConn is the confrence champ, the league is having a bad year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Don't doubt my Huskies.
    I'm officially doubting your huskies. not an impressive win last night. :|
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, i think it's like voting, it's the first monday after the second tuesday before the 3rd wed, or something like that. just play it the monday after new years. we don't need all those crapppy bowl games between new years and the 10th.

the way every college football season ends = partial birth abortion.

this sport is the ultimate let down every year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

say what?

2008 WV team beat NC in the Meinke car care bowl. team finisehd 9-4

however, the 2007 team went to the Fiesta Bowl and beat OK. they would have been in the BCS game, but choked to PItt in teh backyard brawl. finished 11-2

the big east has had some good teams, but when UConn is the confrence champ, the league is having a bad year
    Oh yeah. Messed up on my facts.
  • Options
    a playoff would fix so many things. but that makes too much sense
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Are you saying UConn doesn't deserve to be there?
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

in the fiesta bowl? they deserve to be thier based on the rules that were put in place before the season. they would also deserve to be in the playoffs as a confrence champ.

but in the current world, it's a lousy matchup to finish off the new years bowl games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

in the fiesta bowl? they deserve to be thier based on the rules that were put in place before the season. they would also deserve to be in the playoffs as a confrence champ.

but in the current world, it's a lousy matchup to finish off the new years bowl games.
    They said it would be a lousy matchup between UConn/Duke in the '99 championship and look what happened.
  • Options
    this isn't basketball with 2 number 1 seeds facing off for a title

this is a solid OK team playing a mid major uconn
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    this isn't basketball with 2 number 1 seeds facing off for a title

this is a solid OK team playing a mid major uconn
    But everyone thought Duke was going to run over UConn in that game.
  • Options
    you can defend uconn's football team all day long, but the fact remains, they aren't a hi end team. hi end teams don't lose 4 games and barely win a bad confrence.

fyi, early line

OK -18

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

this isn't basketball. they don't have rip hamilton playing qb. that comparison is silly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    What if Pitt won the Big East? Would you still be complaining?