NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    imalive wrote: »
    Great game by Osu. I wonder who wins the national championship if TCU gets in instead of Ohio state.

maybe TCU shoulda gotten in instead of the fraud FSU.

I disagree. Not about them being frauds. But they should have been in. Undefeated and defending champs most definitely should have been in.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Great game by Osu. I wonder who wins the national championship if TCU gets in instead of Ohio state.

maybe TCU shoulda gotten in instead of the fraud FSU.

I disagree. Not about them being frauds. But they should have been in. Undefeated and defending champs most definitely should have been in.

I know.....but there have been other undefeated teams that have been left out.....they really weren't that good.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I hate Lee Corso. Why do people think it's such a bold prediction to say whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game? Ya fucking think? It only works out like that 99% of the time.

and 1% of the time it doesn't work that way.

either I'm the only drunken buckeye fan still awake or the "unworthy" naysayers have nay to say.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Tebow......oh, jeez.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    God I hate Ohio State

that's cuz you have northwestern.

and the Illini.

I have no college football allegiance. Went to a school with no football team. It's mainly all the obnoxious jerkoffs from Ohio that move to Chicago...if I see another Ohio State flag in front of someone's place, I might lose it!

hmmmmm.....you may be seeing more.

this is my last post....promise....watching the highlights.....Oregon scores in the first two and a half minutes of the game....after that?.....pfffffft.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Great game by Osu. I wonder who wins the national championship if TCU gets in instead of Ohio state. The four team playoff worked perfectly. I thought it should be 8 teams but 4 is the right number. It makes the regular season matter.

Yes sir. It is only about 5 decades late, but the playoff is clearly a better system.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Big Ten sucks? A 3rd string QB won a national title? Go figure.
  • Jason P wrote: »
    Big Ten sucks? A 3rd string QB won a national title? Go figure.

A 3rd string QB handed the ball off 50+ times..But I hear you

Ohio State punched Oregon right in the mouth...And they never stopped
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Crazy that OSU still won by 20 after turning the ball over that many times.

Those 2 dropped 3rd down passes early by Oregon were huge....they could have put up 21 in the 1st quarter and would have been a completely different game.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Crazy that OSU still won by 20 after turning the ball over that many times.

Those 2 dropped 3rd down passes early by Oregon were huge....they could have put up 21 in the 1st quarter and would have been a completely different game.

They lost all momentum with those, changed the game completely. Now we have to hear about it for the next few months from the worst fans in all of sports.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    the uniform thing is really stupid and needs to be stopped. How could Oregon not wear any of their trademark green at the National Championship Game?
    All of sports trends toward retro and for good reason. One thing the NFL really does right is it doesnt seem to allow teams to mess with logos and uniforms much, providing a classic look and staying power for their "brands"

It has seeped into everywhere in college football from Oregon to Eastern Michigan and I cant take it anymore. I flip on a game and cant figure out who is playing

isnt this better than any "garbage" they come out with
    1999_joey_harrington.jpg

bring back this guy too
    arizona-state_1_.gif

• MayDay10 wrote: »
    the uniform thing is really stupid and needs to be stopped. How could Oregon not wear any of their trademark green at the National Championship Game?
    All of sports trends toward retro and for good reason. One thing the NFL really does right is it doesnt seem to allow teams to mess with logos and uniforms much, providing a classic look and staying power for their "brands"

It has seeped into everywhere in college football from Oregon to Eastern Michigan and I cant take it anymore. I flip on a game and cant figure out who is playing

1999_joey_harrington.jpg

bring back this guy too
    arizona-state_1_.gif

Oregon should have stuck with the all green look that they had for the Rose Bowl. Would have been a completely different game.....

Now we have to hear about it for the next few months from the worst fans in all of sports.

months? Try all year.

now shut up and be thankful we let your weak ass ACC team into our conference.

: wink :

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

Now we have to hear about it for the next few months from the worst fans in all of sports.

months? Try all year.

now shut up and be thankful we let your weak ass ACC team into our conference.

: wink :

I know the football team is weak,

but the Terps basketball looks like it is about to run allover the conference ;)

And they are only getting better
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

They lost all momentum with those, changed the game completely. Now we have to hear about it for the next few months from the worst fans in all of sports.
    I can speak from experience as I went to a Big Ten school, Ohio State fans are the worst. Maybe I just kept running into the same group of dickheads, but they are very rude visitors. Even though OSU is Big Ten and this win helps the Big Ten, I was rooting for Oregon.
    Jason P wrote: »

I can speak from experience as I went to a Big Ten school, Ohio State fans are the worst. Maybe I just kept running into the same group of dickheads, but they are very rude visitors. Even though OSU is Big Ten and this win helps the Big Ten, I was rooting for Oregon.

where'd you go? some sad sack school like Purdue or Indiana? :-D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Penn State odds to win title next year set at 75/1

Probably about the same odds to win the Big Ten East
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    MayDay10 wrote: »

1999_joey_harrington.jpg

Joey Harrington is in no way better than anything that has come to Eugene since.
    :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Jason P wrote: »

where'd you go? some sad sack school like Purdue or Indiana? :-D

Maybe ... L-)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Mariota to the Eagles will happen, I feel it. It will be easier now that I believe he is no longer top 5 pick probably 5-9 range, they can trade up for him.

Chip Kelly will get it done, and I hope it does. I think Mariota needs Kelly,

If TB is comfortable ENOUGH with Jameis' as a person capable of not getting into Serious trouble......it's a no brainier if in fact they want a QB #1. He can make every throw in the book, and has a high football IQ....oh yea he's from Florida State, I think TB is in Florida last I checked.

Unfortunately I think Mariota lost some cash last night, his numbers solid but if you know anything about football you can see things that make you question the next level ability

I also think Urban wins like 2 out of next 3 or 4 titles....then goes to the NFL
    CROJAM95 wrote: »
    Mariota to the Eagles will happen, I feel it. It will be easier now that I believe he is no longer top 5 pick probably 5-9 range, they can trade up for him.

If TB is comfortable ENOUGH with Jameis' as a person capable of not getting into Serious trouble......it's a no brainier if in fact they want a QB #1. He can make every throw in the book, and has a high football IQ....oh yea he's from Florida State, I think TB is in Florida last I checked.

Unfortunately I think Mariota lost some cash last night, his numbers solid but if you know anything about football you can see things that make you question the next level ability

I also think Urban wins like 2 out of next 3 or 4 titles....then goes to the NFL

yeah, i guess if he drops past the jets, it could happen. probably would have to trade with atlanta. he probably is a system qb, which is why teams may stay away from him...
    www.myspace.com
    CROJAM95 wrote: »

yeah, i guess if he drops past the jets, it could happen. probably would have to trade with atlanta. he probably is a system qb, which is why teams may stay away from him...

These teams I think would be best spots for him

Eagles: obvious reasons
    Chiefs: Andy Reid west coast system
    Houston: Team built on D and Running
    Saints( if he falls, no trade up) ( to be Groomed as Bree's replacement, Payton could develop him)
    St Louis: Great D, Tre Mason looks like a nice compliment

Jets would waste his talent, they don't know shit about QB's
    Mariotta will go top 5 IMO. I don't know where. But somebody will trade up for him. He's a smart kid with tons of talent.
    Mariotta will go top 5 IMO. I don't know where. But somebody will trade up for him. He's a smart kid with tons of talent.

I bet his stock drops a bit leading up to the draft
    www.myspace.com
  • Mariotta will go top 5 IMO. I don't know where. But somebody will trade up for him. He's a smart kid with tons of talent.

I bet his stock drops a bit leading up to the draft

Just based on his performance in the championship game? He wasn't great in that game, but I don't think he was bad at all. If those 2 WRs don't drop those 3rd down passes early, it would have been an entirely different game. Still think he goes #1 to TB.
    TB takes Winston, if they aren't comfortable with the off the field stuff I think they trade out or take the DT dude from USC and pair him with McCoy. This is Lovie Smith's team, he's trying to get his personnel for that D he runs. Mariota needs to be a slam dunk choice for them and I don't see it. I can see him maybe trying to get Cook from MSU late in rd 1 or early in rd 2.
    bump so that maybe the Fixer would like to clarify his "Ohio State is a joke" comment.

c'mom fixer, show some onions.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote: »
    bump so that maybe the Fixer would like to clarify his "Ohio State is a joke" comment.

And this is why everyone hates Ohio State.

Well, in imalives defense, the fixer said osu didn't deserve to be in playoff and that Alabama would win by 300. He also said the playoff system was a joke because tcu didn't get in. When in fact, the playoff system worked out better because albama would have played Florida st in the system they had in place last year.

I can post a picture of my ohio state flag if you would like.

Well, in imalives defense, the fixer said osu didn't deserve to be in playoff and that Alabama would win by 300. He also said the playoff system was a joke because tcu didn't get in. When in fact, the playoff system worked out better because albama would have played Florida st in the system they had in place last year.

yes, he did.

yes, he did.

yes, he did.

yes, it did.

thanks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11