NCAA College Football -

Comments

• imalive wrote: »

I can post a picture of my ohio state flag if you would like.

That's OK. I'll see enough of those when I take my dog for a walk after work today. I hope everyone remembered to take the tags off their shiny new flags.
    bump so that maybe the Fixer would like to clarify his "Ohio State is a joke" comment.

c'mom fixer, show some onions.

And this is why everyone hates Ohio State.

Haha. I don't blame him for asking to see some crow-eating going on. We all had fun picking what we thought would happen and if it were my alma mater and someone took such a bold stance I would be calling it out too.

Oh, wait....maybe that is why everyone hates USC too?

:))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    imalive wrote: »

That's OK. I'll see enough of those when I take my dog for a walk after work today. I hope everyone remembered to take the tags off their shiny new flags.

you are a bitter, bitter man.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

There's plenty of good Ohio State fans. Also plenty of obnoxious Ohio State fans who jump on the bandwagon just because they're from Ohio (obviously those are the ones who really grind my gears).

It's also just weird to me that everyone in the state is automatically a fan. I couldn't imagine just rooting for Univ of Illinois while having zero allegiance to them.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

That was actually very funny. Good one.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

There's plenty of good Ohio State fans. Also plenty of obnoxious Ohio State fans who jump on the bandwagon just because they're from Ohio (obviously those are the ones who really grind my gears).

It's also just weird to me that everyone in the state is automatically a fan. I couldn't imagine just rooting for Univ of Illinois while having zero allegiance to them.

Its because Ohio literally has nothing else but tO$U.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Its because Ohio literally has nothing else but tO$U.

that's kind of true....Ohio has other teams....but not Columbus. NHL hockey is a newcomer but the jackets suck and hockey is a niche sport anyway :-$

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

you're talking about 81, aren't you?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited January 2015
    Mariotta will go top 5 IMO. I don't know where. But somebody will trade up for him. He's a smart kid with tons of talent.

I bet his stock drops a bit leading up to the draft

Just based on his performance in the championship game? He wasn't great in that game, but I don't think he was bad at all. If those 2 WRs don't drop those 3rd down passes early, it would have been an entirely different game. Still think he goes #1 to TB.

no. he played well enough.

but i think some of the things crojam has said are true. i've also heard a few interviews with people saying things like he's not nfl ready and may need time to adjust to the nfl (trent dilfer is one of them- i value his opinion) unless he's in a similiar system to oregon's and he has difficulties in tight spaces like in the redzone etc etc. in philly, all we hear about is marriota for obvious reasons....it's already annoying
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Mariotta will go top 5 IMO. I don't know where. But somebody will trade up for him. He's a smart kid with tons of talent.

Just based on his performance in the championship game? He wasn't great in that game, but I don't think he was bad at all. If those 2 WRs don't drop those 3rd down passes early, it would have been an entirely different game. Still think he goes #1 to TB.

but i think some of the things crojam has said are true. i've also heard a few interviews with people saying things like he's not nfl ready and may need time to adjust to the nfl (trent dilfer is one of them- i value his opinion) unless he's in a similiar system to oregon's and he has difficulties in tight spaces like in the redzone etc etc. in philly, all we hear about is marriota for obvious reasons....it's already annoying

you're annoying. :-h

seen your boy The Fixer lately?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

No
    www.myspace.com

No

juggler is an honorable guy who never wavers; fixer has the backbone of a jellyfish.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,853
    Cardale Jones is coming back next year. " after only 3 games the NFL is out of the question"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Looks like Penn State has a few more wins
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    OK, indifference, after this I stop:

osu_zps32e84c32.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Looks like Penn State has a few more wins

As well they should. JoePa--still your all time winningest coach.

The NCAA is such a joke
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    So the NCAA is reversing their imaginary ruling?

I wonder if they will make a reverse ruling on Reggie Bush's imaginary college football career as well?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Well, Bobby Bowden had a good 2 1/2 year run as king. All stupid things must come to an end, sooner or later.
  • Jason P wrote: »

I wonder if they will make a reverse ruling on Reggie Bush's imaginary college football career as well?

I hate the NCAA. Bush and his dad are scuzz but SC got screwed. So arbitrary!
    Jason P wrote: »

Bush got screwed. USC didn't.

Bush got screwed. USC didn't.

huh.
    ok.

Bush and his dad are scuzz but SC got screwed. So arbitrary!

my initial thought was you were talking about GW and GH.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

To paraphrase indifference71, "this is why people hate Ohio State Penn State"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

To paraphrase indifference71, "this is why people hate Ohio State Penn State"

Ha, I am actually surprised they posted that. He has been completely erased from the program these last few years.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

Bush and his dad are scuzz but SC got screwed. So arbitrary!

my initial thought was you were talking about GW and GH.

:))
    I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

It's good for college football in general when certain programs are good. Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, Michigan, Texas, and Penn State. I hope they can pull it together after the NCAA totally fucked them. And I think it's a shame that paterno has been vilified.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    edited January 2015
    I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

That is a James Franklin thing. I think they will be very good. Have a ton of confidence in Franklin's recruiting, less in his coaching.