NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

That is a James Franklin thing. I think they will be very good. Have a ton of confidence in Franklin's recruiting, less in his coaching.

Where's the guy who wanted to shut the whole program down? Does he still post in here? Can't remember his name...
    www.myspace.com
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

That is a James Franklin thing. I think they will be very good. Have a ton of confidence in Franklin's recruiting, less in his coaching.

Where's the guy who wanted to shut the whole program down? Does he still post in here? Can't remember his name...

Check the Penn State thread on page 1. He's the OP. Seems like a real pole smoker, in my opinion.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    409 stickers on the hockey helmets tonight is a bit much
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• I dont hate Penn State (liked them as a kid) but they are not unrivaled. They are currently just ok. I hope that changes and they can be really good, will make things more fun.

It's good for college football in general when certain programs are good. Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, Michigan, Texas, and Penn State. I hope they can pull it together after the NCAA totally fucked them. And I think it's a shame that paterno has been vilified.

I agree 100%.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745 wrote: »

As a USC fan I can tell you that recruiting is only part of the battle. The Pete made USC great again, they had good recruiting lots of years before that. I think Franklin is really a good coach and PSU is headed back. Like I said I hate what happened for the victims...but football-wise the world is a better place when USC/Michigan/FSU/Miami/PSU/OSU/LSU/Texas/Oklahoma/Alabama and yes, even ND are good.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923

Check the Penn State thread on page 1. He's the OP. Seems like a real pole smoker, in my opinion.

"pole smoker" is always good, as are "pickle smoocher" and "rump ranger"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • National signing day. The annual tradition of grown men freaking out over the decisions of 17-18 year old kids.
    National signing day. The annual tradition of grown men freaking out over the decisions of 17-18 year old kids.

how'd our Buckeyes do?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    National signing day. The annual tradition of grown men freaking out over the decisions of 17-18 year old kids.

Yeah, because it could cost them their job if they don't get the top recruits>LOL!!

• USC top ranked class. Sark will still run the same plays over and over again.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    What a super narcissistic event signing day is. A microcosm of current Americana. Fucking 18 year olds holding press conferences like they cured cancer .... no, they are just good at running on grass with a ball against other 18 year olds.
  • Jason P wrote: »
    What a super narcissistic event signing day is. A microcosm of current Americana. Fucking 18 year olds holding press conferences like they cured cancer .... no, they are just good at running on grass with a ball against other 18 year olds.

Yep. The whole thing is sad. And then you have adults fawning over 17-18 year old high school kids. So pathetic.
  • I blame the decision for that.
  • It's the second worst day of the year that has anything to do with football... next to the NFL draft.
    It's the second worst day of the year that has anything to do with football... next to the NFL draft.

no, the combine is worse than the draft.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited February 2015
    Chris Fowler is out as the host of college game day. Reece Davis is taking his spot. I like both of them. It looks like Davis may have been using some leverage in his contract negotiations and Espn didn't want to lose him.
  • Chris Fowler is out as the host of college game day. Reece Davis is taking his spot. I like both of them. It looks like Davis may have been using some leverage in his contract negotiations and Espn didn't want to lose him.

Wow, watching Fowler on Game Day is easy like Sunday morning....except it is Saturday morning. Bummer.
  • imalive wrote: »
    It's the second worst day of the year that has anything to do with football... next to the NFL draft.

I forgot about the combine! I'd still put it behind draft day, based solely on the fact that I usually don't see people dressed in jerseys out in public to watch the combine. Definitely worse than signing day tho.
    imalive wrote: »

I forgot about the combine! I'd still put it behind draft day, based solely on the fact that I usually don't see people dressed in jerseys out in public to watch the combine. Definitely worse than signing day tho.

oh yeah....all those losers at radio city music hall.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Fuck espn
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Fuck espn

and tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Fuck espn

and tiger.

And Ohio State
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

:nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Fuck espn

and tiger.

And Bonds
    www.myspace.com
    if anyone is unsure, the bozos above are referring to National Champions THE Ohio State University and Barry Bonds, major league baseball's all time HR leader.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    if anyone is unsure, the bozos above are referring to National Champions THE Ohio State University and Barry Bonds, major league baseball's all time HR leader.

Front runner

OSU fans should indeed bask in the glory of this year's title. The more distance we get from the game the more I actually marvel at how improbable this whole scenario was. Had to be a hell of a roller coaster year with the best possible ending for fans.

F Bonds. F him in the goat ass.

if anyone is unsure, the bozos above are referring to National Champions THE Ohio State University and Barry Bonds, major league baseball's all time HR leader and greatest to ever play the game.
    *fixed

OSU fans should indeed bask in the glory of this year's title. The more distance we get from the game the more I actually marvel at how improbable this whole scenario was. Had to be a hell of a roller coaster year with the best possible ending for fans.

Goat as in greatest of all time?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Goat as in greatest of all time?
    ha. I can understand why you love him. (If he played for any other team you would hate on him too. :) )