NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923

imalive wrote: »

if anyone is unsure, the bozos above are referring to National Champions THE Ohio State University and Barry Bonds, major league baseball's all time HR leader.

OSU fans should indeed bask in the glory of this year's title. The more distance we get from the game the more I actually marvel at how improbable this whole scenario was. Had to be a hell of a roller coaster year with the best possible ending for fans.

F Bonds. F him in the goat ass.

Goat as in greatest of all time?

ha. I can understand why you love him. (If he played for any other team you would hate on him too. :) )

for sure...I'm a typical, blinders wearing sports fan.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

if anyone is unsure, the bozos above are referring to National Champions THE Ohio State University and Barry Bonds, major league baseball's all time HR leader.

OSU fans should indeed bask in the glory of this year's title. The more distance we get from the game the more I actually marvel at how improbable this whole scenario was. Had to be a hell of a roller coaster year with the best possible ending for fans.

ha. I can understand why you love him. (If he played for any other team you would hate on him too. :) )

for sure...I'm a typical, blinders wearing sports fan.

Don't say it like it is a bad thing, seems you are a great fan of your teams. I dont particularly like the Giants but am happy they waited until Barry was voted out of the league before they started their current 'every other year' World Series run.

Back on track here I was checking out USC's schedule next year, already missing the Saturday fun-day of watching college ball for much of the day.

2015 USC FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 - Arkansas State

Sept. 12 - Idaho

Sept. 19 - Stanford

Sept. 26 - at Arizona State

Oct. 8 (Th.) - Washington

Oct. 17 - at Notre Dame

Oct. 24 - Utah (Trojan Family Weekend)

Oct. 31 - at California

Nov. 7 - Arizona (Homecoming/Reunion Weekend)

Nov. 13 (Fr.) - at Colorado

Nov. 21 - at Oregon

Nov. 28 - UCLA

This looks like a great schedule for us USC fans until you stop and look at it closely.
    Arkansas State? I dont know if there is a shittier team we have scheduled in a long time. Idaho? I know the schedules are made far in advance but if you want to make sure you have a shot at the CFP judging from what we learned in Year 1, you need to schedule heavyweights. USC has worked to do this historically and I dont know how they ended up with these two dogshit games on the schedule but if they lose 1 game with this schedule they would be on the outside I would think. At ASU, at Dame, at Oregon, home against UCLA, Arizona and Stanford....but Arkansas State? Idaho? Oh that fucking sucks....guess they really do want to be like SEC teams. (And schedule dogshit out of conference)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Utah often plays Idaho....pretty sure they have never scheduled Ark State, tho.

The team we all hate...BYU....has Wagner on next year's schedule (along with a bunch of teams that should smack some mormon ass).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

Utah often plays Idaho....pretty sure they have never scheduled Ark State, tho.

The team we all hate...BYU....has Wagner on next year's schedule (along with a bunch of teams that should smack some mormon ass).

Wagner? From our friends at the all knowing, all powerful, Wikipedia:
    The Wagner Seahawks football program is the intercollegiate American football team for Wagner College located in the U.S. state of New York. The team competes in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and are members of the Northeast Conference. Wagner's first football team was fielded in 1927. The team plays its home games at the 3,300 seat Wagner College Stadium in Staten Island, New York.

• imalive wrote: »

Goat as in greatest of all time?ha. I can understand why you love him. (If he played for any other team you would hate on him too. :)

He really loves that Buster Posey & Bruce Bochy are former 'Noles! (Sorry imalive, I had to!)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Back on track here I was checking out USC's schedule next year, already missing the Saturday fun-day of watching college ball for much of the day.

Sept. 5 - Arkansas State

Sept. 12 - Idaho

Sept. 19 - Stanford

Oct. 17 - at Notre Dame

Oct. 31 - at California

Nov. 21 - at Oregon

Nov. 28 - UCLA

This looks like a great schedule for us USC fans until you stop and look at it closely.
    Arkansas State? I dont know if there is a shittier team we have scheduled in a long time. Idaho? I know the schedules are made far in advance but if you want to make sure you have a shot at the CFP judging from what we learned in Year 1, you need to schedule heavyweights. USC has worked to do this historically and I dont know how they ended up with these two dogshit games on the schedule but if they lose 1 game with this schedule they would be on the outside I would think. At ASU, at Dame, at Oregon, home against UCLA, Arizona and Stanford....but Arkansas State? Idaho? Oh that fucking sucks....guess they really do want to be like SEC teams. (And schedule dogshit out of conference)

Kiffin

go undefeated and we should make the top 4
  • norm said:

Sept. 5 - Arkansas State

Sept. 12 - Idaho

Sept. 19 - Stanford

Oct. 17 - at Notre Dame

Oct. 31 - at California

Nov. 21 - at Oregon

Nov. 28 - UCLA

Kiffin

go undefeated and we should make the top 4
    Kiffin and Pat picked these teams? Damn them! lol

Yes, undefeated is top 4 but 1 loss is not. (Who can see the future but if they could go through with only 1 screw up and some of the teams they beat are good....having those two duds on their schedule is really weak.)

2016 USC opens against Bama @ the House That Jerry Built and in 17/18 there is a home & home vs. Texas. Those are more like it and why this coming season will look so weak.

ha. I can understand why you love him. (If he played for any other team you would hate on him too. :)

He really loves that Buster Posey & Bruce Bochy are former 'Noles! (Sorry imalive, I had to!)

really? Bochy?

ah well....FSU baseball is nowhere near as despicable as FSU football.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Senator Corman just kicked the NCAA right in the nuts.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A 4-star recruit to Oklahoma de-committed because of that racist frat's tomfoolery.
    Three Mississippi State football players were assaulted at a concert ... and then the thugs bragged about it on Twitter, even posting pictures of themselves!!!

ED-209, we need you.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Jason P said:

A 4-star recruit to Oklahoma de-committed because of that racist frat's tomfoolery.

And he went to Alabama.

Going to Alabama to escape racism. Nice work, SAE.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Heard about this. Kind of surprised, but I dig it.

You going to the Temple game?
    They forgot to mention the Nike symbol ... Sellouts!
    I'm thinking about Temple. If I can score some cheap tix it's possible. Labor Day weekend is tough.

As for Nike...money talks. Has me thinking about Oregon. I'm surprised the swoosh isn't some off color to be seen. There's so much going on with those uni's the swoosh should be bright pink. PSU is doing Nike a favor :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Damn, I saw this bumped up and was stoked -- but it is just the damn PSU contingent. (Just kidding, excited that any college football is back in play and it would be good if PSU got to be relevant nationally again.)

Was going to go to Cuse for the LSU game and meet some of my buddies from Louisiana there but I think that is the weekend of the Central Park Shenanigans.

Didn't go to a single college football game last year for the first time since 1992. Need to fix that.
    Almost here!

Anything happen at a booster event this weekend?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Sark acted like Sark and everyone was offended. I think they have far too much talent to have this guy as the coach. Hope Chip Kelly doesn't something to get fired this year and wants to get back to the Pac 12.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    a football coach drinks and swears?!! i'm shocked! :i_dunno:
    Pretty pretty pretty pumped for the weekend. The weather forecast looks glorious (fingers crossed), getting the tailgate plans going. Going to be a good one.

Pretty pretty pretty pumped for the weekend. The weather forecast looks glorious (fingers crossed), getting the tailgate plans going. Going to be a good one.

We Are...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• SC

Don't half of the school use that chant? Cheesy. (But better than Seven Nation Army chant.)

USC plays some shitball team this week @ Midnight eastern. I am going to be in WDC with my brother out somewhere after the Nats game. Pretty sure this will not be on TV but I will be an ass about asking for it.
  • Looked it up -- Arkansas State. :lol:
    We do play a good schedule but the 2 non-conference at the start are silly.

We Are...
    Penn motherfucking state, my friend.
    I guess I'll watch football that counts tonight
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

So it begins
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited September 2015

So it begins

Michigan plays at College Park this season. I might consider going. Love me some Harbaugh!
  • I can start betting on football again! What a wonderful day...
    Looks like Rutgers is ready for big time football. Police arrest 5 players as soon as practice ends
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead