Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

Oregon State > Wisconsin? Wow.

I also found that to be an odd move. Seems like a demotion.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    imalive said:

Isn't he a west coast guy?
    Maybe he felt like Alvarez was a little to involved?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Go Army

Beat Navy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I think, in the next 5-10 years, the major conferences will break away from the joke that is the NCAA if they dont come off of these idiotic recruiting and autograph policy. Also, players will be getting paid at some point. It's just a matter of time before the NCAA is a forgotten entity.

This. I am very biased as a USC alum. Yes, we broke rules. Yes, the leadership (specifically our AD who was only in the job because he won a Heisman) was totally a dickbag during the investigations.....but they had crappy evidence and it certainly wasnt enough to dish out the penalty that they did when compared to infractions/punishments in the years before or after. To say that I hate the NCAA (and I am not someone who generally uses that word with any sincerity) would be a savage understatement. Fuck those corrupt assholes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

Isn't he a west coast guy?
    Maybe he felt like Alvarez was a little to involved?
    He's a utah guy.....Oregon isn't exactly utah, but I guess it's closer than Wisconsin. I do think Alvarez was a big factor.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The kid and I were on Gameday Saturday.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

edited December 2014

I think, in the next 5-10 years, the major conferences will break away from the joke that is the NCAA if they dont come off of these idiotic recruiting and autograph policy. Also, players will be getting paid at some point. It's just a matter of time before the NCAA is a forgotten entity.

This. I am very biased as a USC alum. Yes, we broke rules. Yes, the leadership (specifically our AD who was only in the job because he won a Heisman) was totally a dickbag during the investigations.....but they had crappy evidence and it certainly wasnt enough to dish out the penalty that they did when compared to infractions/punishments in the years before or after. To say that I hate the NCAA (and I am not someone who generally uses that word with any sincerity) would be a savage understatement. Fuck those corrupt assholes.
    I like the Kessler kid you guys have at USC.I think with Cook maybe stayin put his stock will rise in the draft boards.Very good numbers.Could be a stud next level.
    Oh good jesuz, cliffy's man crush is gonna be in full bloom.

Go Bucks!

fuck nick and jimbo.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    way to be psu
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    way to be psu

yes, 7-6 is a great year for them
    edited December 2014
    The Fixer wrote: »
    way to be psu

yes, 7-6 is a great year for them. maybe next year they can do better and get back to the outback bowl
    way to be psu

yes, 7-6 is a great year for them. maybe next year they can do better and get back to the outback bowl

way to be psu

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    way to be psu

That was one of the most fun sporting events I have ever been to. The stadium was insane. Stan's and the bars were out of control. Just an incredible atmosphere and a great game. What a win to close out the sanctions. No excuses now
    way to be psu

They had 41 scholarship players suited up today. 41
    imalive wrote: »
    Oh good jesuz, cliffy's man crush is gonna be in full bloom.

Go Bucks!

fuck nick and jimbo.

Yessir. That was awesome!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    way to be psu

I just like busing the PSU fans' balls. Was a good game between two terrible teams. At least the right team covered.

Bowl games have been awesome. College football is so fucking good
    way to be psu

I just like busing the PSU fans' balls. Was a good game between two terrible teams. At least the right team covered.

I hear you. They were obviously not good this year but they got through the sanctions with 3 winning seasons and now a bowl win. And have a coach who can recruit, but not sure if he can coach. That was a big win for the program tonight. Also were robbed in the ohio state game.
    way to be psu

I hear you. They were obviously not good this year but they got through the sanctions with 3 winning seasons and now a bowl win. And have a coach who can recruit, but not sure if he can coach. That was a big win for the program tonight. Also were robbed in the ohio state game.

I know a lot of people who went to the game and said it was awesome.

As for franklin, he really fucked up at the end of the game. Reminded me of chip kelly. He should have called time out before they rushed their third down play. Then he called time out to kick a field goal and left 20 seconds on the clock for no reason.

They didn't have much talent and still got a bowl win, so I guess that's a good year for them. Won't take much for them to become a perennial contender in that joke of a conference.

PSU fans are like a cult. Weirdos
    This is awesome news for my school. Hopefully he's the next flacco.

Former Miami quarterback Kevin Olsen appears to have found a new home at Towson.

The beleaguered signal-caller announced on Instagram on Thursday that he would transfer to the FCS Tigers, posting a picture of the school's helmet and a football with the words "A second chance."

Miami had announced in September that Olsen, a redshirt freshman, was no longer enrolled in school following his third different suspension from the football program, as he had been charged with driving under the influence and having a fake or stolen driver's license.

A Wayne, New Jersey, native, Olsen was charged in May 2013 in his hometown with leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report an incident.

With the Hurricanes, Olsen was suspended for last season's Russell Athletic Bowl for a violation of team rules.

Olsen had entered Miami as a four-star prospect from the Class of 2013 and had a chance to be the team's starting quarterback in 2014 before getting suspended for the season's first two games for a violation of team standards.

Olsen is the younger brother of former Miami tight end Greg Olsen, who is currently on the Carolina Panthers.

Because Towson plays in the FCS, Olsen would be eligible to play for the Tigers in the 2015 season. He has yet to appear in a college game.
    edited December 2014
    Am I the only one that thought Williams for USC jumped off the screen and Gregory(neb)just looked average?
    Also anyone see Perryman MLB for the "U".dude is a beast!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    way to be psu

That was one of the most fun sporting events I have ever been to. The stadium was insane. Stan's and the bars were out of control. Just an incredible atmosphere and a great game. What a win to close out the sanctions. No excuses now

nice. i saw they had better attendance yesterday than for jeter's last game or something. pretty crazy.
    www.myspace.com
    way to be psu

nice. i saw they had better attendance yesterday than for jeter's last game or something. pretty crazy.

and you had to go and bring up that whole orchestrated and scripted thing...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    way to be psu

The offense looked like they had somewhat of a clue. The extra practice was key. Hell of a comeback in the 4th. Hackenberg is going to be good, I don't care what numbers he put up this year.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

way to be psu

The offense looked like they had somewhat of a clue. The extra practice was key. Hell of a comeback in the 4th. Hackenberg is going to be good, I don't care what numbers he put up this year.

Yeah, especially late in the game. Was definitely key to get guys rested. Was an awesome game and an absolute blast. Yeah, Hackenberg will be just fine once that offensive line gets better. Sterling Jenkins should help. Looking forward to next season already
    way to be psu

Yeah, saw that too and don't know how that is possible since Jeter's game was a sell out. All the bartenders at Stan's were saying the only other time since the world series in 09 that they saw it that crazy and packed before the game was for Jeter's last game. They represented well.
  • rr165892 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thought Williams for USC jumped off the screen and Gregory(neb)just looked average?
    Also anyone see Perryman MLB for the "U".dude is a beast!!!!

Agree on the top draft pick evaluation from the Holiday Bowl. Williams also got personal fouls on b2b plays. Doh!

USC finished the season just like the played most of their games -- they underperformed but showed flashes of the ridiculous talent.

PSU fans -- I thought of you guys as I watched the bowl game and was pulling for the Lions. I know that none of the kids on that team had anything to do with the scandal/coverup/restrictions and thought it was awesome that the seniors could go out with a win.

USC will finally be sanction free next season --- if only they would replace their coaches I would be truly bullish on their future prospects!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    USC will finally be sanction free next season --- if only they would replace their coaches I would be truly bullish on their future prospects!

i'm gonna give sark et al another season before i pass judgment...even next season we will still be down players because of the sanctions...a big part of our 4th qtr let downs was because the players we simply tired having played pretty much the whole game...i'm still not sold on sark being the coach sc should have but between him and lame kitten i'll take sark every time
  • norm wrote: »

i'm gonna give sark et al another season before i pass judgment...even next season we will still be down players because of the sanctions...a big part of our 4th qtr let downs was because the players we simply tired having played pretty much the whole game...i'm still not sold on sark being the coach sc should have but between him and lame kitten i'll take sark every time

Yeah I can follow that. Wilcox needs to go at least -- I know the players wore down and that the up tempo nature of the current game leads to heavy rotation on D but damn we had some shit performances. Would like to see someone get served for this. We cannot blow the ASU and, to a lesser extent, Utah games....BC was just embarrassing. Granted we won a few we likely should not have but we had some big time collapses. Lord knows what that nincompoop Simers would be writing! :)