NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

Fuck yeah!!! That is going to be an awesome day

Official, Boston College
    Fuck yeah. Going to be awesome. Gonna have a crew there
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Fear the Spear!!!
    Imo if a national champ,in a major conference Dosent loose a game including wins against some very good teams,they should not drop.
    Good news is as a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan ,the Rose bowl becomes the "Bucs future QB bowl"?Very exciting
  • rr165892 said:

Fear the Spear!!!
    Imo if a national champ,in a major conference Dosent loose a game including wins against some very good teams,they should not drop.
    Good news is as a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan ,the Rose bowl becomes the "Bucs future QB bowl"?Very exciting

I agree, they shouldn't have dropped. That 3 seed kills them with the travel. I think Oregon runs them off the field.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    rr165892 said:

Fear the Spear!!!

define "major" and "very good," please.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Go Army, beat Navy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Boom. Tickets done. Can't wait
  • Boom. Tickets done. Can't wait

Which game?
    imalive said:

rr165892 said:

Fear the Spear!!!

Imalive,what's with all The nole hate?All we do is win baby!!!
    I know your not gunna throw us under the Bus when your Buckeyes got that ass smacked by unranked Va Tech?What you guys play 2 ranked teams all year?
    As far as the very good teams I would say that Louisville,Ga Tech,Clemson all finished as top 25 and Notre Dame was #5 at one point.Besides Miami(who beat Va Tech) and the Gators are always tough.BC is no slouch And your in denial if you think the ACC isn't a top tier conference.Again did you beat Va Tech?
    Enjoy Bama.That game is going to make the board wish they put in Baylor.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    edited December 2014
    Lets face it. Any opportunity to put Ohio State and Notre Dame in the playoff will be taken.

I feel bad for Baylor and TCU.

As far as Florida State... been on the cusp of losing all year, but it would be a travesty to leave the defending champion who is undefeated out of the 4 team playoff.
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

rr165892 said:

Fear the Spear!!!

Imalive,what's with all The nole hate?All we do is win baby!!!
    I know your not gunna throw us under the Bus when your Buckeyes got that ass smacked by unranked Va Tech?What you guys play 2 ranked teams all year?
    As far as the very good teams I would say that Louisville,Ga Tech,Clemson all finished as top 25 and Notre Dame was #5 at one point.Besides Miami(who beat Va Tech) and the Gators are always tough.BC is no slouch And your in denial if you think the ACC isn't a top tier conference.Again did you beat Va Tech?
    Enjoy Bama.That game is going to make the board wish they put in Baylor.
    why the hate?

1) "noles"

2) your QB is a piece of human garbage

3) Jimbo's lies about the autograph thing are what got Tressel fired at Ohio State

4) the chop

5) ND sucks. A ton of teams were ranked ridicuosly early.

OSU beat Michigan State and MN (both on the road) and fucking destroyed Wisconsin on a neutral field. The VT games was sept. 6..... the team has changed a lot since then. Nothing personal, rr, but I hope Oregon destroys Jameis, Jimbo and the rest.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10 said:

Lets face it. Any opportunity to put Ohio State and Notre Dame in the playoff will be taken.

As far as Florida State... been on the cusp of losing all year, but it would be a travesty to leave the defending champion who is undefeated out of the 4 team playoff.

That's ridiculous. Maybe Baylor and TCU will think twice next time when they're scheduling buffalo and northwestern state.

Which game?
    Pinstripe. Pretty pumped

MayDay10 said:

That's ridiculous. Maybe Baylor and TCU will think twice next time when they're scheduling buffalo and northwestern state.
    you could argue both had tougher schedules than Ohio State. They had kent State who was worse than Buffalo. It certainly helps the Big 10 is a glorified Mid Major at this point.
  • MayDay10 said:

:)) Ohio State scheduled some chumps too, they do every year. They barely beat "powerhouse" Navy.

TCU and Baylor had two big problems- no Conference title game with no definitive champion, and they do not bring the money and ratings tO$U does. If it had come down to Texas or Oklahoma instead of them, Ohio State would not have jumped them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10 said:

MayDay10 said:

you could argue both had tougher schedules than Ohio State. They had kent State who was worse than Buffalo. It certainly helps the Big 10 is a glorified Mid Major at this point.
    That is also ridiculous. The big ten has had a couple down years, but they aren't a glorified mid major. Just a few years ago, they had more teams in bowl games than the SEC. But be honest with yourself, the big 12 is just as aweful as the big 10. I doubt TCU or Baylor beats Wisconsin as bad as OSU did. Stop making me defend Ohio State. I really don't like them. I do think they are one of the best 4 teams in the nation.
    No matter how you slice it.... we have been on a collision course for the tide and ducks for months. At least the playoffs give the defending champs a crack at it
  • At first, I thought it should be 8 teams in the playoffs. But I think they got it right with 4. Every single game is important. If you had 8 teams, one loss definitely doesn't hurt and two losses could still get you in.

Which game?
    Pinstripe. Pretty pumped
    lock up they young boys.

sorry, couldn't resist ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited December 2014
    imalive,of course nothing personal so no worries there.But allow me to retort.
    Careful with the Jameis = Garbage thing.
    Ask yourself this.Who steals crab legs ?........ No one steals Crab legs Thats who.So let's look at another scenario.Hypothetically of course.What if members of the local Publix supermarket regularly"Hooked up" players with little tasty goodies from time to time?(Yes this happens at OSU also)No big deal,per say but wrong Under NCAA rules.Now a team and players would get in trouble for such horrible activities(like autographs) If it was found to be the case.But if a team leader decided to fall on a sword and take all the blame(allegedly) and say he mistakenly left without paying,for the betterment of his team,well,that's leadership Isnt it?At the very least a solid.Interesting his team punishment wasn't that harsh.hmmm
    So let's move on,the lunch room thing.No excuse there. dumb immature activity by a kid.Dumb mistake not knowing that his actions need to reflect his position and his judgement needs to be better.
    On the sex charge(I mean no charge,because evidence isn't even close to being that of a crime)Read the transcripts.Its pretty clear it wasn't rape,unless your definition of rape is that the young lady is on top and yells at his friends to get out and close the door when walked in on.Thats just one of the many inconsistencies in this young ladies story.Im no homer?and I'm a father of college girls so I always look out for this nonsense but this is a money grab nothing more.thats why it hasn't led to anything.
    And just so you can feel a little better about life.I was involved for a number of years in the recruiting game as a recruiting coordinator here in Florida as well as Being on staff on multiple state championship teams on the offense side of the ball and as a parent of a highly recruited player.Ive seen and heard a lot of shit that would not fly with NCAA(Again allegedly)You know like certain coaches who now live in Southern Ohio,wined and dined certain big time recruits during no contact periods and made many promises that are not really kosher if brought to light.The whole process is dirty and nasty.But is common place.I was one of the coaches dealing with college staffs on a regular basis.Its not just the big boys either.Smaller more prestigious programs also find ways to amaze.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    ^^^^

good points.

I did not have him down as guilty of rape; the crab leg "explanation" is new to me, but feasible; Jimbo's "Jameis signs all the time for fans" shows Jimbo is either dumb as a stump or (more likely) willfully lying.

I agree college football is an incredibly seamy culture...some programs are dirtier than others (Miami, in the day) but there's a lot of illegality in probably every program. That said...

I can't stand FSU...hated them in the Bowden era; hate 'em now; hate the chop; hate Brent Musberger or anyone else calling them 'noles; still think Jameis is not a good person.

nothing personal to you! :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I think, in the next 5-10 years, the major conferences will break away from the joke that is the NCAA if they dont come off of these idiotic recruiting and autograph policy. Also, players will be getting paid at some point. It's just a matter of time before the NCAA is a forgotten entity.
    imalive said:

^^^^

good points.

I did not have him down as guilty of rape; the crab leg "explanation" is new to me, but feasible; Jimbo's "Jameis signs all the time for fans" shows Jimbo is either dumb as a stump or (more likely) willfully lying.

I agree college football is an incredibly seamy culture...some programs are dirtier than others (Miami, in the day) but there's a lot of illegality in probably every program. That said...

I can't stand FSU...hated them in the Bowden era; hate 'em now; hate the chop; hate Brent Musberger or anyone else calling them 'noles; still think Jameis is not a good person.

I don't take it that way at all.I love the passion.Its part of what makes College ball so unique and fun.I hope you beat Bama.I would rather play you guys.
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

^^^^

good points.

I don't take it that way at all.I love the passion.Its part of what makes College ball so unique and fun.I hope you beat Bama.I would rather play you guys.
    that would assume you're gonna beat oregon.....which isn't gonna happen ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I think, in the next 5-10 years, the major conferences will break away from the joke that is the NCAA if they dont come off of these idiotic recruiting and autograph policy. Also, players will be getting paid at some point. It's just a matter of time before the NCAA is a forgotten entity.

agree 100 percent
    imalive said:

rr165892 said:

imalive said:

^^^^

good points.

that would assume you're gonna beat oregon.....which isn't gonna happen ;)

And that you beat the Tide.

FEAR THE -;;---;->

Jameis' spear?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive said:

FEAR THE -;;---;->

Jameis' spear?
    only if you're a woman or a crab leg
  • norm said:

imalive said:

FEAR THE -;;---;->

Jameis' spear?
    only if you're a woman or a crab leg
    Beat any dead horses lately?
    Michael O'Connor transferring. Had to figure that would happen.