NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Ohio State would have 4-5 losses in the SEC, and probably the Pac10 too. But the Big 10 is going to do a lot of campaigning to get them in. On the plus side seeing them get destroyed by Alabama would be fun.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,924
    sorry FSU......you gotta go to make room for the Buckeyes....its "blatantly obvious"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    imalive said:

sorry FSU......you gotta go to make room for the Buckeyes....its "blatantly obvious"

Maybe, even though I can't stand FSU they are still the defending Champions and the luckiest college team out there. They'll put them in for sure which sucks.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Ohio State would have 4-5 losses in the SEC, and probably the Pac10 too. But the Big 10 is going to do a lot of campaigning to get them in. On the plus side seeing them get destroyed by Alabama would be fun.

Ohio State did beat Indiana which one of the teams in the SEC Championship can't say.

The love of the SEC makes me want to gag. Thanks ESPN.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Wow, will be interesting to see what they will do. Everyone has their own, slightly different, take on this.

My opinion:
    #1 - Florida State
    #2 - Oregon
    #3 - Alabama

#4 - Baylor

Top 3 are locks to be in the group of 4 as I see it.

This isn't what I WANT to see, I want to see Oregon and Bama so I hope they come in any way other than 2-3 so that they do not play in the semi.

Very glad it isn't last year...because I would make the case (again) that an Undefeated team who plays in a real conference plays for the title. Old School, I know....but FSU (especially as defending champ who hasn't lost in 2 years) needs to be in this. Until they get beaten the rest is just style points. If FSU doesn't get in when the grouping is 4 teams that is a crock.

Do I think Oregon or Bama beats FSU? Yep...and I am betting we will get to see that happen.

Baylor....not sure why everyone is going TCU. I dont think either team can play defense and will lose not matter who they face in the playoff, but Baylor beat TCU H2H and they have the same record. They had similar enough regular season resumes to easily (again, in my opinion) make this about H2H. A pretty fucked up deal for Baylor if TCU makes it and they dont.

Ohio State....how I hate you! They get the raw end of the deal here but they did lose at home to Virginia Tech. If OSU is to make it, it needs to be at the expense of the Baylor/TCU battle.

We can all yell and scream for who we want -- I think it is great fun. The only way I am buttsore about Year 1 of the cool new playoff program is if the Defending National Champions go undefeated and get left out. [I am in no way, shape or form a FSU rooter. Don't like or dislike them but I think that 100 years of logic will get shit on if they get left out.]

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Ohio State would have 4-5 losses in the SEC, and probably the Pac10 too. But the Big 10 is going to do a lot of campaigning to get them in. On the plus side seeing them get destroyed by Alabama would be fun.

Ohio State did beat Indiana which one of the teams in the SEC Championship can't say.

Just saying, the Big Ten is not that great, no team in the Big 10 had a major out of conference win, and OSU should not be rewarded for beating up on lesser teams. And until he SEC gets knocked out of winning or being in the title game every year, hard to argue against them being the best.

Ohio State would have 4-5 losses in the SEC, and probably the Pac10 too. But the Big 10 is going to do a lot of campaigning to get them in. On the plus side seeing them get destroyed by Alabama would be fun.

Just saying, the Big Ten is not that great, no team in the Big 10 had a major out of conference win, and OSU should not be rewarded for beating up on lesser teams. And until he SEC gets knocked out of winning or being in the title game every year, hard to argue against them being the best.
    Well, this isn't the year then. I see Alabama winning this thing
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Well, this isn't the year then. I see Alabama winning this thing
    I know, that is why I'm pulling for Oregon, only team I think has a chance

Baylor....not sure why everyone is going TCU. I dont think either team can play defense and will lose not matter who they face in the playoff, but Baylor beat TCU H2H and they have the same record. They had similar enough regular season resumes to easily (again, in my opinion) make this about H2H. A pretty fucked up deal for Baylor if TCU makes it and they dont.

Ohio State....how I hate you! They get the raw end of the deal here but they did lose at home to Virginia Tech. If OSU is to make it, it needs to be at the expense of the Baylor/TCU battle.

didn't Baylor lose to west virginny? that's every bit as bad a loss as OSU losing to VT. so, they're out. TCU is flawed as well but if one of the top four needs to go, I pray it is FSU....mostly because their QB and coach are lying scumbags....plus, the tomahawk chop is beyond annoying.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

didn't Baylor lose to west virginny? that's every bit as bad a loss as OSU losing to VT. so, they're out. TCU is flawed as well but if one of the top four needs to go, I pray it is FSU....mostly because their QB and coach are lying scumbags....plus, the tomahawk chop is beyond annoying.

Yeah, like I said, we can all make our cases. Baylor beat TCU. OSU beat....nobody as good as TCU. (MSU turned out to be a fraud.) I could see OSU making a case but not at FSU's expense. FSU won every game -- this needs to mean something in college football I think.

I agree that their QB seems to be a real piece of work.

Oh well, we will all find out soon!

imalive said:

Yeah, like I said, we can all make our cases. Baylor beat TCU. OSU beat....nobody as good as TCU. (MSU turned out to be a fraud.) I could see OSU making a case but not at FSU's expense. FSU won every game -- this needs to mean something in college football I think.

Michigan State a fraud? Little harsh. 2 losses to top5 and vs number 2 on the road.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    if TCU gets in over Baylor, then this system is just as fucked up as the last one.

H2H has to mean something.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    still think FSU shoulda been dropped. yeah, they're defending champs but so what? in the old system, they wouldn't have been in.

and how did TCU go from being #3 to #6? I blame Condi.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Well, looks like Bama gets a bye into the title game

Well, looks like Bama gets a bye into the title game

and they'll be a bunch of dumb ass rednecks on bourbon street.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Well, looks like Bama gets a bye into the title game

So does Oregon.

I see Ohio State hanging w/ Bama, closer than the experts think.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so glad they changed the system so there's less controversy :)) :-S
  • norm said:

so glad they changed the system so there's less controversy :)) :-S

I know, right? Still don't get why they didn't make it 8 teams. TCU got hosed....NCAA was probably drooling when they thought about the rating for Bama-Ohio State.
  • I don't have a problem... This will still give us the beat two teams in bama and Oregon. If either of them lose than I guess they weren't the best teams!
  • imalive said:

Michigan State a fraud? Little harsh. 2 losses to top5 and vs number 2 on the road.
    Looks like they agreed with you and not me. :)

imalive said:

Looks like they agreed with you and not me. :)
    They didn't agree with anyone, they flipped coins.

Both lines over a TD
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I don't have a problem... This will still give us the beat two teams in bama and Oregon. If either of them lose than I guess they weren't the best teams!

exactly....altho I still would have loved to see FSU out.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I don't have a problem... This will still give us the beat two teams in bama and Oregon. If either of them lose than I guess they weren't the best teams!

exactly....altho I still would have loved to see FSU and OSU out.
    agreed
    norm said:

imalive said:

exactly....altho I still would have loved to see FSU and OSU out.
    agreed
    No one asked your USC loving ass.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :))
    All this playoff stuff is BS...only game that matters is the Pinstripe Bowl
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

Yessir. Is it official? I can't wait. Going to be a blast. You bet your ass it will e awesome drinking at Stan's before a penn state football game.

Yessir. Is it official? I can't wait. Going to be a blast. You bet your ass it will e awesome drinking at Stan's before a penn state football game.
    Seeing "leaked" stuff on Twitter. Announcement at 6:00.

Oh yeah, we paid money for the one kid to play in an indoor soccer tourney the 27th. Kick in the nuts.

No biggie, save money for Indy and Pasadena next year
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Fuck yeah!!! That is going to be an awesome day

Fuck yeah!!! That is going to be an awesome day

Official, Boston College
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead