NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Kids had baseball today, so I had to Dvr that shitshow. Agree Cliffy, they can't fucking run. We have to be passing 60% of first downs (higher, I'm sure), and I don't mind 'cause kid hits on first...but is it me or is he making more "young" mistakes this year?

They'll be ok, let's win in Jersey next week and keep it going. Fucking ugly though.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    The Big 10 blows
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925

The Big 10 blows

You forgot quotes around "Big"

yeah, another stellar day L-)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

The Big 10 blows

You forgot quotes around "Big"

yeah, another stellar day L-)
    ha ha, right?

MSU was out scored like 31-0 after I crowned them Nat'l Champs
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Purdue is paying $2M a year to a coach where I'm pretty sure I could get the same results for $35,000 / yr. At least he benched Danny Etling after his 87th overthrown pass of the year.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

Kids had baseball today, so I had to Dvr that shitshow. Agree Cliffy, they can't fucking run. We have to be passing 60% of first downs (higher, I'm sure), and I don't mind 'cause kid hits on first...but is it me or is he making more "young" mistakes this year?

They'll be ok, let's win in Jersey next week and keep it going. Fucking ugly though.

Yeah, that was really ugly. Hackenberg definitely has too much confidence at times. Playing calling is suspect at times as well on the offensive side of the ball which is surprising given Franklin's offensive experience.

Was definitely a prime trap game. Noon game after coming back from a real high in Ireland. I am sure it was a pretty cool week being back on campus and all.

Bring on Piscataway.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,115
    edited September 2014
    USC with a solid win for the team. Not sure if anyone watched the game (mostly PSU talk here) but the play calling for USC was fucking atrocious. I thought Kiffin was back in town....the team beat Stanford in spite of their coaching, not because of it.

The Oregon/MSU game was wild early and then Oregon showed why playing them in Eugene can be so tough. Wish that had been a neutral site game.

Michigan is an embarrassment.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

USC with a solid win for the team. Not sure if anyone watched the game (mostly PSU talk here) but the play calling for USC was fucking atrocious. I thought Kiffin was back in town....the team beat Stanford in spite of their coaching, not because of it.

The Oregon/MSU game was wild early and then Oregon showed why playing them in Eugene can be so tough. Wish that had been a neutral site game.

Wanted to watch the game, but after Penn State then the Yanks right after with the US Open and golf mixed in, the wife had enough sports by the evening.
  • USC with a solid win for the team. Not sure if anyone watched the game (mostly PSU talk here) but the play calling for USC was fucking atrocious. I thought Kiffin was back in town....the team beat Stanford in spite of their coaching, not because of it.

Wanted to watch the game, but after Penn State then the Yanks right after with the US Open and golf mixed in, the wife had enough sports by the evening.
    This is why I love my den. Originally I never thought I would use a couch and a big screen down there but it is where I go to watch football for 2 days straight and allow my wife to still watch the big TV if needed. Not sure how many weeks I can get away with 2 full days but having a nearly 3 month old helps. (I can take him with me and she can get a break....)
    edited September 2014
    http://news.dlapiper.com/Press-releases/Monitor-announces-delivery-of-second-annual-report-to-Penn-state-the-NCAA-and-the-Big-Ten-Conferen-946.aspx

Mitchell is recommending bowl eligibility this year and max scholarships next, if I am reading this correctly.

Wait. What does this mean?

I am pleased that they accepted my report and adopted my recommendations,” Senator Mitchell concluded.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT.

Bowl eligible this year and full scholarships next year.
    Where we traveling to the winter, Cliffy?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Pasadena baby!

Pasadena baby!

We may be the only eligible team in the conference to go bowling
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Fuck the NCAA and their joke of a justice system. Just as crap as the NFL.
    Obviously as a USC fan/alum I am hugely biased against the totally fucked up way the NCAA determines how much/little they punish or pay attn to each infraction.

Pasadena baby!

We may be the only eligible team in the conference to go bowling
    Ha, yeah, well this is true too. This weekend was a disaster but I loved seeing both OSU and Michigan lose, even if one of them was to ND.
    What is Franklin about to do on the recruiting trail? This could get crazy
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    player's parent gets a loan without the players knowledge = the harshest penalty since giving smu the death penalty
    school covers up YEARS of pedophilla = meh, never mind

are the nfl and ncaa in some sort of contest to determine who is the worst football organization of all time? cuz, they're neck and neck right now

it wasn't great but i don't think it was kiffin like...just stanford screwing with our game plan
    norm said:

player's parent gets a loan without the players knowledge = the harshest penalty since giving smu the death penalty

are the nfl and ncaa in some sort of contest to determine who is the worst football organization of all time? cuz, they're neck and neck right now

I don't disagree with the premise, and without getting into this for the 4 millionth time, I just don't see how it was ever an NCAA issue. There was no competitive advantage to be had and it was always a gigantic stretch for the NCAA.

The people responsible are in jail, about to be in court/likely going to jail and dead.
  • norm said:

it wasn't great but i don't think it was kiffin like...just stanford screwing with our game plan
    The repeated running of the same (or very similar) play to varied success didn't remind you of Lane? (How many times did they run between the tackles on the same hand off on 1st and/or 2nd down?) I was screaming at the TV. I thought some of his cool zone flood passes that he called would have done wonders on first downs and set up the run better. Just like Kiff, there were great calls mixed in that I didn't understand at all. [I am not a coach, I never played one on TV and I didnt even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Just sayin'.]
    Great win for the kids, really happy for them.
    Thought that Pullard got a raw deal but then again, I love what he does for us as a player and am biased.
    yeah, but it was the same gameplan they used against fresno...it's just that stanford ain't fresno lol
  • No, Fresno's defense brought new meaning to the word 'suck' -- I hope he got that out of his system and is ready to be more creative with BC and beyond.

norm said:

I don't disagree with the premise, and without getting into this for the 4 millionth time, I just don't see how it was ever an NCAA issue. There was no competitive advantage to be had and it was always a gigantic stretch for the NCAA.

The people responsible are in jail, about to be in court/likely going to jail and dead.
    Agree, reading this crap all over, comparing UCS and PSU. PSU situation was criminal and taken care of, the best it could be. (Jail and financially for the victims). NCAA had no business doing anything.

But as said, fuck the NCAA...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• NCAA inconsistency and lack of accountability for any real decision making process when their impact/power is so significant is what never ceases to amaze me. Not debating kiddie raper cover up, kids fighting, drug use by players, buying people's families houses, or doing all of someone's schoolwork, etc....the NCAA doesn't know its own boundaries because it doesn't feel like it has any. This is problematic.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925

Pasadena baby!

Was going to make a smartass comment about the Beef O'Brady Bowl, but it's no longer.

No more Poulan Weedeater Bowl, either. Damn.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

Pasadena baby!

great news!
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 2014
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Yeah, that is a good read. His old article that he links to in there was also really great. He has some good perspective on all this