NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

pjhawks said:

never understood the need for people to try an defend players that play on the teams they cheer for. not sure how being on your team makes a guys transgressions somehow less than if he was on your rival. I'm guessing FSU fans would take the same position if Winston was playing at Florida...uhh no.

I'm not solely defending him because he's on my team. I just think for the stuff he's done, people are really blowing it way out of proportion. Yes, he was accused (again, key word) of rape. But that's all that ever came from it - an accusation. The other stuff, while completely asinine, is nothing to really get so worked up about.
    Part of it is media...we'll use this topic as an example.

Espn: Heisman winner James accused of rape. Then "rape, rape, rape, rape" shoved down the nations throat ever hour on the hour for weeks. The crawl on every sports channel scrolls it over and over.

After a few weeks, oh...turns out the girl is a nut. ESPN will air that briefly, once, and move on while full details were given in Tallahassee.

Rinse and repeat every news story.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

pjhawks said:

never understood the need for people to try an defend players that play on the teams they cheer for. not sure how being on your team makes a guys transgressions somehow less than if he was on your rival. I'm guessing FSU fans would take the same position if Winston was playing at Florida...uhh no.

I'm not solely defending him because he's on my team. I just think for the stuff he's done, people are really blowing it way out of proportion. Yes, he was accused (again, key word) of rape. But that's all that ever came from it - an accusation. The other stuff, while completely asinine, is nothing to really get so worked up about.

Espn: Heisman winner James accused of rape. Then "rape, rape, rape, rape" shoved down the nations throat ever hour on the hour for weeks. The crawl on every sports channel scrolls it over and over.

After a few weeks, oh...turns out the girl is a nut. ESPN will air that briefly, once, and move on while full details were given in Tallahassee.

I feel like you have a specific grudge, haha.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,924

I don't want to derail this, as it's a college football thread...but Bonds the greatest of all time? C'mon. In all honesty, I have zero opinion on Bonds. I think he cheated (bad), I think he was a dick in public, media wise (who cares), but I also think he was a good ball player. Nowhere close to the greatest ever.

actually, most polls have put him #3, behind Ruth and Mays. He was pretty fucking good.

Go Bucks. Go Utes.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

pjhawks said:

I feel like you have a specific grudge, haha.
    No grudges....Fuck ESPN
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

imalive said:

I don't want to derail this, as it's a college football thread...but Bonds the greatest of all time? C'mon. In all honesty, I have zero opinion on Bonds. I think he cheated (bad), I think he was a dick in public, media wise (who cares), but I also think he was a good ball player. Nowhere close to the greatest ever.

actually, most polls have put him #3, behind Ruth and Mays. He was pretty fucking good.

Go Bucks. Go Utes.

Go Bucks? Hell, Go "little" 10. Try to win a weekend.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

pjhawks said:

so we agree to disagree which is fine but i think he is a punk. i have no time for thieves and i think anyone that yells out what he yelled out in a middle of a public place is an asshole especially someone accused of rape. shows a real low level of respect for women by doing that after being accused. again doubt you would have the same attitude if he played for Florida.
    Winston out whole game - Clemson is the bet
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

DJ Crook!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

DJ Crook!!

Yessir. O'connor keeps the red shirt status. That pass to geno was a thing of beauty.

Oh and announcers, the offensive line didn't get the run game going. Playing umass did
  • imalive said:

Go Bucks. Go Utes.

Since you guys are talking about it here, before steroids, Bonds was a top 15 player of all time. I don't count his steroids era stats. He was a Hall of famer without steroids. He was just jealous of the attention everyone else got. So he juiced to get more "recognition."
  • pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

so we agree to disagree which is fine but i think he is a punk. i have no time for thieves and i think anyone that yells out what he yelled out in a middle of a public place is an asshole especially someone accused of rape. shows a real low level of respect for women by doing that after being accused. again doubt you would have the same attitude if he played for Florida.
    He was accused of rape and caught stealing things twice. I'm sure he's stolen other things before and just didn't get caught. What he said on that table isn't worthy of a one game suspension, IF it was a first offense. Or even if he was a no name player. But the fact is, he is a heisman trophy winner with a reputation of an immature punk kid. The kid thinks he's invincible. Whether he likes it or not, he is held to a higher standard.

I agree with Kirk Herbstreet, ANYONE with a rape allegation hanging over his head doesn't need to be standing in a table screaming f®©k her in the p#&@y.
    I will say, Austin Scott - a PA RB stud, had a rape allegation. Paterno put him 5th string for his last 3 years. Turned out, after he graduated, he didn't do anything (short story). Things get fucked up for some of these kids. Sucks, but it happens. Attention is a bitch.

Cliffy, am I wrong comparing Scott with Jamison ?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Cant believe that Clemson fumbled in field goal range! They deserve to lose now.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,784
    FSU has to have a higher power rooting for them

You can't find more ways to lose a game than Clemson did

Great game
  • I despise Barry Bonds.

USC didnt blow an easy game this weekend, woo-hoo! (Not playing makes that a certainty.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Had a soccer game at 9 this morning and another at noon. DVR'd game and sped thru first 1/2 before our 3:30 baseball game. Needless to say, I won't watch the 2nd half. That o-line has regressed. Don't lose to Michigan. Bowl eligible may be tough.

Ohio St
    Maryland
    Temple
    Michigan St.

Can all beat us. 6 may be tough. The Indiana team can win too. Still proud of them, I hope today was a fluke, but I have a feeling other teams watch film
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I despise Barry Bonds.

USC didnt blow an easy game this weekend, woo-hoo! (Not playing makes that a certainty.)

Hey, hey, hey! What brought THAT on?

so, I sat in a cold rain last night, watching utah take 21-0 lead six minutes in and then score 6 more points in the next 54 minutes and lose by a point. Fuck me. I'll probably come down with pneumonia later today.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • crap I didnt see that WSU came back and won.

Life is good, SC took care of weak Oregon State.
    Hope Stanford blows out ND this coming week.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    ROCK BOTTOM!!!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    boat shoes + visor + white shorts = deserved that......and more.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Rock is gonna go down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right at Jabroni Drive, and proceed to check your candy ass in at the Smackdown Hotel
    Yeah what a disaster last weekend at penn state. Should have seen it coming
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    go ducks!
  • Wow the Cats beat the Ducks. Again.
    norm said:

go ducks!

whoops

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Purdue's QB sucks. I wonder what Scott Bakula is up to and if he has any eligibility left ...
    Considering I have watched every down of Penn State football so far this year, I am looking forward to a weekend off.

Considering I have watched every down of Penn State football so far this year, I am looking forward to a weekend off.

Quite a few good games tomorrow. Bye scheduled at the right time.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

B Y who?

sorry boys.....not going undefeated, even against that putrid schedule

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Jason P said:

Purdue's QB sucks. I wonder what Scott Bakula is up to and if he has any eligibility left ...

no. he's way too old.
    www.myspace.com