NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    The recruiting already?!? Four star safety...oh yeah
    And the strength coach he is bringing , Dwight Galt, was Fitz's boss. Awesome.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Franklin and LJ recruiting together would be nuts.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Franklin and LJ recruiting together would be nuts.

Yeah, I am a little concerned about the LJ situation. I hope that is cleared up soon, but I hope that kid switching to Penn State doesn't mean Franklin is bringing his D Line coach. Sounds like Holley is a lot better than the Tubman kid.
    Nice, this O'Connor kid is enrolling early
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

LJ was offered the DL position and has decided to move on....

shit
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

and Ohio State. C'mon LJ
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

and Ohio State. C'mon LJ

Kick in the balls.

Wanna bet Holley follows him?

Holley now committed to Florida. Expected, at least it's not OSU though.

Holley now committed to Florida. Expected, at least it's not OSU though.

With the Gators woes this year, we may never hear of this kid. But I can't see Florida staying down long.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Find this Northwestern union thing pretty interesting. Not the biggest fan of what they are going after, but I LOVE the fact they are taking on the NCAA.

I don't think there should be money for getting your degree after you leave. If you leave early, you should have the money to finish your degree and if you don't leave early you have 5 years to finish your degree. That should not be an issue.

Not sure how I feel about the injury aspect either. Where does that stop? Are high school kids going to be going after money for major injuries next? That said, I find the NFL's approach to its retired players repulsive, so not sure how to feel.

That said, these kids definitely deserve a seat at the table. It is a multi-billion dollar industry where the kids are straight up used. I hope this doesn't stop at football either.
    Oh and James Franklin, bitches. Flipped a 4 star wide out from Rutgers.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

i hope he stays long term...not very confident in that though.
    www.myspace.com

i hope he stays long term...not very confident in that though.
    For sure. We'll see. I guess though that if he left it would be another sign that the program is in even better shape than it is right now, which is pretty wild given that they are 2-3 years removed from that disaster.

That said, I feel good about a couple things. All coaches say every job is their dream job and they are mostly full of shit but it does makes me feel a lot better that he had other opportunities in both college and potentially the NFL and Penn State landed him. He also really does seem like a college coach. The recruiting seems to be something he really enjoys. He also never gave any hint that he is at all interested in coaching in the NFL. That is definitely on purpose, but O'Brien said from day 1 an NFL job was his ultimate goal.

That said, he isn't going to be there forever. Penn State is just another school at this point and there is no reason to think there will ever be another coach that will be in one place for even 10 years or so.

Right now they have the 25th ranked recruiting class. Given the coaching change and sanctions, that is awesome.

I still smile at his presser...

reporter: plaing in front of 90,000
    Franklin: woah, what's the stadium hold
    reporter: 107,000
    Franklin: why'd you say 90? 107,000 each and every week
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I still smile at his presser...

reporter: plaing in front of 90,000
    Franklin: woah, what's the stadium hold
    reporter: 107,000
    Franklin: why'd you say 90? 107,000 each and every week

Phenomenal
    edited April 2014
    James Franklin doing fucking work. Number 1 class in the country. Incredible. 72k at the blue white game. This team is going to be so good. All that man needed was a big time school. Texas fucked up bad
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

James Franklin doing fucking work. Number 1 class in the country. Incredible. 72k at the blue white game. This team is going to be so good. All that man needed was a big time school. Texas fucked up bad

As a Maryland alumni, this hurts. Franklin would have been our coach, at least for a while, but our athletic dept is terrible. Could have at least built the program up solid until he left for a big time school. Now he is at PSU and will crush the Terps every year, just like the old days.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I am planning my college football trip.

Thinking Arizona State @ Oregon State Friday night
    Washington @‌ Oregon Saturday

my friend also found a possibility
    Virginia Tech Thursday night
    Party in Knoxville Friday
    Tennessee Saturday
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    SEC Media Days begins today! Can't wait for the new season to kickoff. It will be interesting to see how the new playoff format pans out now that the top 4 teams will be picked by a selection committee. Should be interesting. Good luck to everyone and their respective teams, and finally....Roll Tide. :D
    Penn state now has more 4 star recruits committed than they have had the last 3 years combined. Bill O'Brien who?

Penn state now has more 4 star recruits committed than they have had the last 3 years combined. Bill O'Brien who?

My math on the scholarships they have and number of kids Franklin is bringing in isn't adding up. Hopefully some of the young kids on D can play.

A few more weeks. Kegs and eggs for the first game
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

My math on the scholarships they have and number of kids Franklin is bringing in isn't adding up. Hopefully some of the young kids on D can play.

Yeah, agreed. He knows what he is doing though. Gonna be a fun year.

Yeah, dude. Thinking about heading up to the Wilkes-Barre area for the game. Family up there is having a big "tailgate" for the game. Should be fun. Wish it wasn't Labor Day weekend.

Other than that. Planning on going to the Rutgers game at Rutgers and seriously considering doing an RV for the Ohio State game

Yeah, dude. Thinking about heading up to the Wilkes-Barre area for the game. Family up there is having a big "tailgate" for the game. Should be fun. Wish it wasn't Labor Day weekend.

Other than that. Planning on going to the Rutgers game at Rutgers and seriously considering doing an RV for the Ohio State game
    Kinda pissed PJ Detroit show isn't 2 days earlier or I'd be heading to Ann Arbor.

I'll look for really cheap seats for UMass game (take the kids) and my buddy is a MD grad, so that will now be an annual trip
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Kinda pissed PJ Detroit show isn't 2 days earlier or I'd be heading to Ann Arbor.

I'll look for really cheap seats for UMass game (take the kids) and my buddy is a MD grad, so that will now be an annual trip
    Nice. That will be a sweet annual trip. You'll get to see a lot more wins too.
    Oh, yes. More academic stuff coming out of ND.
    4 starters dismissed
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    What a shock...more academic issues at a major football school. NCAA is a mess.

What a shock...more academic issues at a major football school. NCAA is a mess.

Yeah, no shit. It's called the SEC.

Oh, to keep w/ the golf thread lingo:

Fuck Notre Dame
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead