THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Urlacher over Butkus?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i know he's a HOFer but butkus only played 119 games vs brians 182 + playoffs. In Butkus' 9 years, only 1 Bears team finshed above .500
  • Nobody caused mayhem on the field like Butkus. It was different game when he played. I realize Ray Lewis and LT were the best of their generation, but NOBODY caused mayhem like Butkus.

Butkus would smile, as he put his hand down your throat, and ripped out your spleen.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    edited December 2012
    davidtrios wrote:
    Urlacher over Butkus?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i know he's a HOFer but butkus only played 119 games vs brians 182 + playoffs. In Butkus' 9 years, only 1 Bears team finshed above .500
    I dont buy that arguement, Sandy Koufax retired at 30. Was there ever a more dominant pitcher?

Urlacher over Butkus?
    Not in my book.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Walter Payton played 10 years? 12 years?
    Walter Payton retired as the all-time leading rusher in the NFL.
    Walter Payton won a Superbowl.

Gale Sayers was a better running back.
    Sayers played 68 games.
  • I love arguing statistics.
    I fucking love it.
    Walter Payton played 10 years? 12 years?

Sayers played 68 games.

very true.

well, i think we can agree that brian was the second most dominant LB in the last decade and deserves to be a HOFer. His skills are obviously diminished but the defense won't be the same without their captain. in fact, the team is pretty much f&cked: 7-15 without Urlacher playing.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    Walter Payton played 10 years? 12 years?

Sayers played 68 games.

very true.

well, i think we can agree that brian was the second most dominant LB in the last decade and deserves to be a HOFer. His skills are obviously diminished but the defense won't be the same without their captain. in fact, the team is pretty much f&cked: 7-15 without Urlacher playing.
    Urlacher is a shell of his former self. I think we are all going to mildy surprised at how much the Bears will move on these last 4 games without Urlacher. They will be fine without Urlacher.

At least I hope so!!!
    me too, but age and injury have caught up with this D...and i don't see this offense picking up the slack. i hope i am dead wrong.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    me too, but age and injury have caught up with this D...and i don't see this offense picking up the slack. i hope i am dead wrong.

seems like the offense is starting to come around a little. at least they have figured out what htey are good at ....posting up marshall.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtrios wrote:

Injuries are really starting to pile up. Doesn't sound like Jennings is going to play this week....apparently he was still in a sling yesterday.

Hopefully things pick up for the offense when Jeffrey gets back....having 2 threats at WR with him and Marshall should open things up.
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

seems like the offense is starting to come around a little. at least they have figured out what htey are good at ....posting up marshall.

Marshall has been great, but theyre not getting big plays. I think since the line showed some promise protecting Cutler last week,you'll see them open it up a little this week with some deep throws.
    davidtrios wrote:

Injuries are really starting to pile up. Doesn't sound like Jennings is going to play this week....apparently he was still in a sling yesterday.

Hopefully things pick up for the offense when Jeffrey gets back....having 2 threats at WR with him and Marshall should open things up.

Is Jeffrey playing this week?
  • davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Is Jeffrey playing this week?

Not sure. I read that there's a good chance he can play. He was limited in practice the end of last week so hopefully that's a good sign for this week.
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Marshall has been great, but theyre not getting big plays. I think since the line showed some promise protecting Cutler last week,you'll see them open it up a little this week with some deep throws.

i'm ok with the dink and dunk down with the run mixed in. controls the ball and clock.

plus, Marshall and all the recievers seem to struggle with catching the deep pass, unless it is post up by marshal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    is it time for the rook to take over a LB spot. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I would LOVE to see Forte catch 7-10 passes this week.
    they said jeffries would be out 2-4 weeks....this is week two.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I would LOVE to see Forte catch 7-10 passes this week.

that play has been non exisist this season after being killer last year :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

He has already missed 2 games, right? Vikings and Seahawks games. By the time Sunday rolls around, it will have been 3 weeks already since the injury.
    81 wrote:

forte in the slot was effective last week with his td catch...keep that shit going.
    or, you can split out forte and hand off to bush- a nice decoy play
  • 81 wrote:

Killer the last 3-4 years.
    Thats what made Forte such a special back.
    Helped make him a Pro Bowl player.

And all of a sudden passing to Forte is non-existant?

WTF is that all about, Mr. Tice?
    81 wrote:

He has already missed 2 games, right? Vikings and Seahawks games. By the time Sunday rolls around, it will have been 3 weeks already since the injury.

you would be correct
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Killer the last 3-4 years.
    Thats what made Forte such a special back.
    Helped make him a Pro Bowl player.

And all of a sudden passing to Forte is non-existant?

WTF is that all about, Mr. Tice?

Tice has been pretty bad this year. There never seems to be a flow to his play-calling.
    Tice has been pretty bad this year. There never seems to be a flow to his play-calling.

bears miss the playoffs this year, you can kiss his a$$ goodbye.
  • davidtrios wrote:

bears miss the playoffs this year, you can kiss his a$$ goodbye.

You can kiss the whole coaching staff goodbye if they don't make the playoffs.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    1) It's Alshon Jeffery, not Jeffries or Jeffrey.
    2) The Bears already have three middle linebackers in the Hall of Fame.
    3) Mike Singletary does not even belong in the discussion when deciding which of those three was best.
  • Hester and Jeffery both practiced yesterday. Nice to get some WRs back. It was tough last week when we were down to Marshall, Weems, and Sanzenbacher. Sounds like Bennett will miss this week though.
    Sanzenbacher

i like him in the slot...but i could be biased

he's always had good hands.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Sanzenbacher

Shocking that you like him.

He's a 5th or 6th WR, if that.
    81 wrote:
    Sanzenbacher

Shocking that you like him.

He's a 5th or 6th WR, if that.

:lol:

he's not all that big, or all that fast...doesn't really have much vertical in his jump...i fully admit all that...

but he can run a route and he has good hands. perfect for the slot. :lol:

i said i was biased. don't know why, but the bears never seem to have any buckeyes on the roster. i think the last one was kirk barton. freeman was in training camp, but didn't stick around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg