THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Go Seahawks!!!

Even though I am picking the Bears. :oops:

That's a smart pick! The Seahawks are brutal on the road...
    Truer words have never been spoken!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Go Seahawks!!!

Even though I am picking the Bears. :oops:

That's a smart pick! The Seahawks are brutal on the road...
    Truer words have never been spoken!

That homefield advantage for the Seahawks is unreal. They're not a very good team at all this season and they have a realistic shot at winning the pathetic NFC West just because of Qwest Field. Crazy.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    And now Chris Williams is moving to left guard for this week. Garza to the bench. Another different O-line combination....I hope one of these will stick eventually.

As long as Garza is out, I don't care who they play. That guy is horrible!
  • Bears 27
    Seahawks 10
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Chicago 21
    Seattle 17
    Nice shirt.
    Chicago fans are awfully quiet!!

Go Seahawks!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The thing about the bears is they suck on offense. Just trble
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    F'n pathetic.
    That homefield advantage for the Seahawks is unreal. They're not a very good team at all this season and they have a realistic shot at winning the pathetic NFC West just because of Qwest Field. Crazy.
    Looks like we brought a little bit of the Qwest Field magic to Soldier Field!!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Looks like we brought a little bit of the Qwest Field magic to Soldier Field!!!

Yep. It looks like ya did. The Bears didn't adjust to all the pressure Seattle was bringing and it cost them the game.
  • Hey Mike Martz,

Why don't you try and run the fucking ball???????? That was painful to watch a team not adjust to anything.
  • Move Julius Peppers to O-Line and have him play both sides of the ball. Either that or maybe draft/trade for a decent O-line
  • O-Line blows...
    Martz is a blithering Idiot......

But it is fun to see Hester doing what he does....Hard to believe this guy hadnt run a kick back for 2 years....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    its time to clean house.

lovie gone
    martz gone
    tice gone
    entire o line gone

keep the special teams and defense coaches
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    its time to clean house.

lovie gone
    martz gone
    tice gone
    entire o line gone

keep the special teams and defense coaches

I agree. It pains me to say this, but I'm almost at the point where I'm hoping the Bears fall short of the playoffs so they can clean house starting from the GM down. I don't know why anybody thought things would be different this season. While adding Peppers was an awesome move (that guy is a beast, although he didn't do much yesterday), the O-line was a huge problem last year and they did nothing about it besides a couple late round draft picks. I've never been so down on a 4-2 team.
    I dont think you have to hope for them to lose, they seemed to have figures that out already
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I dont think you have to hope for them to lose, they seemed to have figures that out already
    Yeah, but I really don't want Cutler to get ripped in half in the process of them figuring it out!

Fuck!
  • mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Yeah, but I really don't want Cutler to get ripped in half in the process of them figuring it out!

Fuck!

Martz is going to get Cutler killed. This guy is such an asshole. His offense requires an O-line that can pass protect. This O-line obviously cannot. He needs to fucking adjust!!
  • Martz isnt going to get Cutler killed, Cutler is killing himself. He needs to realize that this is not the type of offense a quarterback is supposed to "keep plays alive" by holding the ball and running around the pocket(or lack of for that matter) Jay, please, drop back three steps maybe five at the most and throw the ball!!! If its not there, throw the damn thing away!!!! You are not going to last long if you keep playing like this.

Dont forget Chicago.....Cutler has never won a super bowl, a divisional championship or a divisional playoff game for that matter. Lets keep a close eye on our "franchise" quarterback. :roll: :roll:
    Martz isnt going to get Cutler killed, Cutler is killing himself. He needs to realize that this is not the type of offense a quarterback is supposed to "keep plays alive" by holding the ball and running around the pocket(or lack of for that matter) Jay, please, drop back three steps maybe five at the most and throw the ball!!! If its not there, throw the damn thing away!!!! You are not going to last long if you keep playing like this.

Dont forget Chicago.....Cutler has never won a super bowl, a divisional championship or a divisional playoff game for that matter. Lets keep a close eye on our "franchise" quarterback. :roll: :roll:

oh where oh where has our beloved Orton gone. :cry: all the guy does is win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Martz isnt going to get Cutler killed, Cutler is killing himself. He needs to realize that this is not the type of offense a quarterback is supposed to "keep plays alive" by holding the ball and running around the pocket(or lack of for that matter) Jay, please, drop back three steps maybe five at the most and throw the ball!!! If its not there, throw the damn thing away!!!! You are not going to last long if you keep playing like this.

Cutler does need to have better awareness when the pocket is collapsing, but Martz isn't doing him any favors by throwing the ball 70% of the time with a piece of shit O-line.

This whole coaching staff is a complete fucking joke. I really hope they do clean house after this season....the inability of this staff to make any in-game adjustments is just plain awful.
    Martz isnt going to get Cutler killed, Cutler is killing himself. He needs to realize that this is not the type of offense a quarterback is supposed to "keep plays alive" by holding the ball and running around the pocket(or lack of for that matter) Jay, please, drop back three steps maybe five at the most and throw the ball!!! If its not there, throw the damn thing away!!!! You are not going to last long if you keep playing like this.

The Bears had one of the worst offensive lines in the league last year. What they they do to address that? Nothing.

Now they have an offensive coordinator who is known to have teams that give up more than the average number of sacks.

Sack prone offense + worst O-line in the league = A bad situation.

No question, Cutler will need to learn to get rid of the ball faster. That said, Martz isn't helping him by still running deep crosses, and outs. They either a) have to start running some consistent short slants or b) allow Cutler to audible out of plays at HIS will with a giant stack of audible options.

Both should allow them to get the ball past the blitz whereby slowing it down...
    It will also help to have guys (cough, cough Knox) run the right routes too.
    Giants just had anouther sack.

Bears have zero audiables in the play book. Cutler cant change the playperiod. Its all about adjusting based on what wvery sees.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Bears have zero audiables in the play book. Cutler cant change the playperiod. Its all about adjusting based on what wvery sees.

That's absurd. He needs to be able to change the play at the line if necessary. If not, he will get ripped in half.

Ugh, stupid Bears!
  • Bears 21
    Skins 17
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

That's absurd. He needs to be able to change the play at the line if necessary. If not, he will get ripped in half.

Ugh, stupid Bears!

i agree, but that's the way the Martz offense works. tell me the last time you saw Cutler audiable? i can tell you, it wasn't this season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bears 21
    Skins 17

Skins Sacks o/u 5.5

i'll take the over. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i agree, but that's the way the Martz offense works. tell me the last time you saw Cutler audiable? i can tell you, it wasn't this season.

That's true. Though I'm pretty sure if Martz was working in Indy, Manning would tell Martz to fuck off if he didn't like the looks of a D at the line and call his own play.

It's funny because I've heard so many analysts criticize Cutler for a) not picking up the read...which is true at times and b) not calling audibles to change the play.

You're right though. I've never seen him do it once, and that criticism certainly shouldn't be blamed on him.

God, can you imagine if you were him. Walking up to the line and seeing a weak side blitz by a LB and a safety with nobody to pick them up and there is nothing you can do to change the play.
    Also, if Cutler knows the play has no short routes (short slants, etc.) then what goes through your mind. :shock: Or if it does, you still have an undisciplined group of WRs and backs, who often run wrong routes.
    There are only so many timeouts available.

I was really pumped with the idea of the system coming into the season. But man, it really just doesn't work in Chicago with that line, backs who can't block, and un-disciplined WRs.
    Bears 24
    Skins 17

Cutler sacked x6.
  • mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

That's true. Though I'm pretty sure if Martz was working in Indy, Manning would tell Martz to fuck off if he didn't like the looks of a D at the line and call his own play.

It's funny because I've heard so many analysts criticize Cutler for a) not picking up the read...which is true at times and b) not calling audibles to change the play.

You're right though. I've never seen him do it once, and that criticism certainly shouldn't be blamed on him.

God, can you imagine if you were him. Walking up to the line and seeing a weak side blitz by a LB and a safety with nobody to pick them up and there is nothing you can do to change the play.
    Also, if Cutler knows the play has no short routes (short slants, etc.) then what goes through your mind. :shock: Or if it does, you still have an undisciplined group of WRs and backs, who often run wrong routes.
    There are only so many timeouts available.

I was really pumped with the idea of the system coming into the season. But man, it really just doesn't work in Chicago with that line, backs who can't block, and un-disciplined WRs.

I was pretty pumped at first with the thought of Martz with Cutler and the speed we have at WRs. But like you said, with a horseshit O-line and inconsistent WR play, this offense has been a complete fucking mess.

I know Cutler has a rep for being a dick, but I do feel a little bit bad for him with this situation. This offense has not played to his strengths at all. He is awesome when he is rolled out and makes plays on the run. I can't remember one time they have done this yet this year...

It's the same old story with this Angelo/Lovie regime....hopefully something changes soon.