THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• BEARS 31
    PACKERS 28
  • Rodgers 30
    Cutler 3
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    i can see them laying an egg after the last couple of games. could the be over confident with a big head? or do they come out and lay the wood to rogers. the front 4 NEED to generate some pressure all night and knock rodgers around.

anybody what to wager how many times we see peanut slip down?

Yeah, I can't believe they still have that guy playing CB.
    While the Bears have the best D against the run, their secondary is a joke. I still think (and hope) the Bears can pull it off, but I also expect Rodgers to throw for at least 350 yds.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i can see them laying an egg after the last couple of games. could the be over confident with a big head? or do they come out and lay the wood to rogers. the front 4 NEED to generate some pressure all night and knock rodgers around.

While the Bears have the best D against the run, their secondary is a joke. I still think (and hope) the Bears can pull it off, but I also expect Rodgers to throw for at least 350 yds.

seems like a good day in the 2010 nfl is 475+ yards.

this league has become basketball on roids
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah, the secondary makes me very nervous. Part of me feels like this could be a shoot-out, but then part of me feels like both D's will step-up on the big stage and it will be low scoring. Either way, it's time for the Bears to step-up. Let's go to work!!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Good luck with Clay Mathews...duh Bears may need to assign two or three blockers just to slightly reduce his speed..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bears 24
    packers 21
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Congrats on the win and being 3 and 0.

What the f#ck is up with that gay ass song they play when Chicago scores? LOL

Packers beat themselves plain and simple. See yea next time in Green Bay.
  • Congrats on the win and being 3 and 0.

The thing is, if the Packers had won, we'd all be saying that the Bears beat themselves too. Both teams made critical mistakes. It came down to the final 3 minutes and the Bears forced Jones' fumble and drove down the field for the winning FG, so you gotta give them credit for stepping-up with the game on the line.

I thought the Packers should have let Forte walk into the endzone on 2nd and goal. Would've at least gotten the ball back with a minute left and a timeout.

And that song is called Bear Down, Chicago Bears. Been the fight song of the team since the '40s I think. Much better than Bang on the Drum All Day :lol:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    i'll be honest, that was painful to watch. chicago did nothing on offense and gb couldn't finish what they started.

and lovie should have kicked it on 4th and goal from the 1. yeah, the D held and Hester finally took anouther punt back, but i kick that fg all day long
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    i'll be honest, that was painful to watch. chicago did nothing on offense and gb couldn't finish what they started.

and lovie should have kicked it on 4th and goal from the 1. yeah, the D held and Hester finally took anouther punt back, but i kick that fg all day long
    no they shoulda ran the ball on 4th and 1

cutler coulda easily gotten into the endzone

a win is a win no matter how painful it is to watch
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• IwasBit10 wrote:
    Congrats on the win and being 3 and 0.

The thing is, if the Packers had won, we'd all be saying that the Bears beat themselves too. Both teams made critical mistakes. It came down to the final 3 minutes and the Bears forced Jones' fumble and drove down the field for the winning FG, so you gotta give them credit for stepping-up with the game on the line.

I thought the Packers should have let Forte walk into the endzone on 2nd and goal. Would've at least gotten the ball back with a minute left and a timeout.

And that song is called Bear Down, Chicago Bears. Been the fight song of the team since the '40s I think. Much better than Bang on the Drum All Day :lol:

Um we had 18 penalties the most for us since 1987 or something. That was the critical mistake for the game for us. Talked to a very hardcore Bears fans and friend after the game and he told me it should have been a blow out for us. Bears are ok he said but not great.

I thought maybe also they should have just let him score and get the ball back with time on the clock. But oh well season is still young and more games to go. See yea next time. :)
  • IwasBit10 wrote:

Um we had 18 penalties the most for us since 1987 or something. That was the critical mistake for the game for us. Talked to a very hardcore Bears fans and friend after the game and he told me it should have been a blow out for us. Bears are ok he said but not great.

I thought maybe also they should have just let him score and get the ball back with time on the clock. But oh well season is still young and more games to go. See yea next time. :)

Oh, the Bears are definitely not a great team, I think we can all admit to that. There's some obvious holes, particularly the secondary and the o-line. But we're finding that they're resilient and make plays when they need to (Peppers blocking a FG, Hester's return, Urlacher forcing a fumble, etc.). 18 penalties obviously hurt the Packers chances, but they're not the sole reason the Packers lost.

How about limiting Matthews to only 3 tackles? Kevin Shaffer really stepped-up there.

Next meeting is Jan. 2nd, hopefully a meaningful game for both sides.
    just looking over hte schedule. The Bears could go 8-0 to start the season. couple of challenging games, but no real contenders on the list. Back half of the season could be an issue with Miami, Jets, Pats, Packers, Vikings twice and Philly. Time to get ready to play the Giants of New York.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:

Completely disagree.
    That is the second time they got stood up on the 1 yard line this year (first was against the Lions), and the second time they called the same bullshit run-up-the-middle plays to get stuffed.

I guess I wouldn't have been so pissed had they maybe had Cutler roll out and try to make a play, rather than having Forte run into a brick wall.
  • 81 wrote:
    just looking over hte schedule. The Bears could go 8-0 to start the season. couple of challenging games, but no real contenders on the list. Back half of the season could be an issue with Miami, Jets, Pats, Packers, Vikings twice and Philly. Time to get ready to play the Giants of New York.

Yeah, the next 5 games are very winnable. I'm expecting 4 out of 5 at the worst.

It wasn't pretty last night, but damn good to get a W.
  • Just remember....

The BEARS started out 3-0 last year....Right???

But still....

THIS IS FUCKING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

And how nice was it to see DEVIN HESTER return one???????????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • My dad's a Packer fan (he's from WI), so it hurts me to say this, but congrats to the Bears for last night's win. Little fact I found interesting this morning, Bears are 3-0 with the 5th ranked passing attack, 1st in rushing defense, but 28th and 29th respectively in rushing offense and passing defense. They benefitted greatly last night from the Packers playing so stupidly, and they'll have to do a better job of running the ball if they want to win the division, especially in those tough games later in the season.

Cheers Bears fans. Enjoy this run while it lasts.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Just remember....

But still....

They lost to the Pack in week one last year. Went on to win the next three though.
    mca47 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Completely disagree.
    That is the second time they got stood up on the 1 yard line this year (first was against the Lions), and the second time they called the same bullshit run-up-the-middle plays to get stuffed.

I guess I wouldn't have been so pissed had they maybe had Cutler roll out and try to make a play, rather than having Forte run into a brick wall.

they threw it on 4th and goal from the 1 last night. Cutler threw a poor pass in the left flat to Clark, although even with the poor pass, Clark should have caught the ball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    My dad's a Packer fan (he's from WI), so it hurts me to say this, but congrats to the Bears for last night's win. Little fact I found interesting this morning, Bears are 3-0 with the 5th ranked passing attack, 1st in rushing defense, but 28th and 29th respectively in rushing offense and passing defense. They benefitted greatly last night from the Packers playing so stupidly, and they'll have to do a better job of running the ball if they want to win the division, especially in those tough games later in the season.

Cheers Bears fans. Enjoy this run while it lasts.

the bears haven't been able to shut down a passing game for year nows. the difference is this season, they have been able to stuff the run.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Just remember....

But still....

They lost to the Pack in week one last year. Went on to win the next three though.

and then played like complete shit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

they threw it on 4th and goal from the 1 last night. Cutler threw a poor pass in the left flat to Clark, although even with the poor pass, Clark should have caught the ball.

Whoops, that's right.
    Forgot about that. He should have def caught that!
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Whoops, that's right.
    Forgot about that. He should have def caught that!

i agree with your sneak suggestion. it was on the 6 inch line. punch it in with cutler (and get me some fantasy points)

whatever....

time for the giants. a team that seems to play decent enough defense, but can't run or pass the ball very well this season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i agree with your sneak suggestion. it was on the 6 inch line. punch it in with cutler (and get me some fantasy points)

whatever....

time for the giants. a team that seems to play decent enough defense, but can't run or pass the ball very well this season.

I'd take Eli and the Giants over Rodgers and the Packers any day.

The Giants have really looked bad their last two games and Manning looks like he doesn't even know what's going on right now...though the Bears secondary has the tendency to make any QB look pretty good.

Bears 31
    Giants 14
  • Bears are getting 4 points this Sunday night. I dont get it, but I will be betting the Bears at +4.
    Bears are getting 4 points this Sunday night. I dont get it, but I will be betting the Bears at +4.

everybody seems to think that the Giants are going to be a dangerous desperate team at home.

we'll see. should be interesting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Bears are getting 4 points this Sunday night. I dont get it, but I will be betting the Bears at +4.

everybody seems to think that the Giants are going to be a dangerous desperate team at home.

we'll see. should be interesting.

They should have been desperate at home last week. I know the Bears prob arent as good as their 3-0 record, but I dont see how they are 4 point dogs this week. Oh well. Cant wait for Sunday night!
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Bears 28
    Giants 10
    Nice shirt.
  • Bears 27
    Giants 17