THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

I was pretty pumped at first with the thought of Martz with Cutler and the speed we have at WRs. But like you said, with a horseshit O-line and inconsistent WR play, this offense has been a complete fucking mess.

I know Cutler has a rep for being a dick, but I do feel a little bit bad for him with this situation. This offense has not played to his strengths at all. He is awesome when he is rolled out and makes plays on the run. I can't remember one time they have done this yet this year...

It's the same old story with this Angelo/Lovie regime....hopefully something changes soon.

I have seen a couple of plays where it was a play action roll-out. I'm pretty sure each time the play broke down and Cutler just ran it or he was caught from behind for a sack.
    But I know what you're talking about. 95% of the pass plays are 5-7 step drops in the pocket and most of the time he's rushed, hit, or sacked.

I still believe the Martz system CAN work in Chicago, but until they fix that o-line and perhaps bring in a veteran-type receiver...it's going to be ugly for a while.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    as for the audiable.

the qb and wr's are suppose to make adjustments with they see a blitz or see a two deep or see man to man. the entire offense is predicated on making adjustments based on the D. I don't know if those adjustments are not happening, or if the qb is adjusting to one thing, and the wr's to anouther.

the real issue is still the oline. they need to communicate and i'm not seeing olin make adjustments this year or hand out blocking assignments. how many times did seattle bring a blitz off the edge of the D line with a cb or saftey and the tackle blocked in vs. picking up the edge blitzer? at least three times. the old guy had like two sacks that way.

IF the oline could figure out who to block it might not be so bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    3rd and forget about

0 for the last 23
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Seems like the offense gets worse every time they touch the ball
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bad jay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Went to the game today....doesn't get much worse than that.

At least the tailgating was good....
    Hall just picked anouther pass off.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Jay Cutler is experiencing blindness from all the hits he's taken this year..
    perhaps he owned shanahan a favor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    "I've played against (Hall) before - there's no reason to shy away from him. That's hard to say after throwing four picks at a guy, but if we had to play him tomorrow, I'd go at him every time."

Get a f'n clue Cutler.

This team is beyond frustrating. The lack of accountability by everyone in the organization is embarrassing, and changes must be made, starting with the mentality at Halas Hall. I mean honestly, what is the goal of this season? To win as many sloppy, lucky games as we can, maybe win our weak division and get ousted first round of the playoffs? But then Angelo, Lovie and co. will likely keep their jobs, we'll get a mediocre draft pick, and see no improvements going into next year. It's not like this is a young team full of high draft picks that just need time to mature.

I'm starting to think, we just let Mannelly long snap it to Hester or Manning and take our chances moving the ball that way...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    the other frustrating thing for me. the running game. they always look slow running the ball, unlike alot of other teams. it looks like the bears are in 1st gear when they rb hits the line, while other teams are in 4th gear.

they need to bring in Jim Tressel to call some Power I plays. slam it up in there. push the Defense around a little. get angry, get mean.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IwasBit10 wrote:
    "I've played against (Hall) before - there's no reason to shy away from him. That's hard to say after throwing four picks at a guy, but if we had to play him tomorrow, I'd go at him every time."

Get a f'n clue Cutler.

This team is beyond frustrating. The lack of accountability by everyone in the organization is embarrassing, and changes must be made, starting with the mentality at Halas Hall. I mean honestly, what is the goal of this season? To win as many sloppy, lucky games as we can, maybe win our weak division and get ousted first round of the playoffs? But then Angelo, Lovie and co. will likely keep their jobs, we'll get a mediocre draft pick, and see no improvements going into next year. It's not like this is a young team full of high draft picks that just need time to mature.

I'm starting to think, we just let Mannelly long snap it to Hester or Manning and take our chances moving the ball that way...

There's no way in hell this team is making the playoffs. Even in the pathetic NFC. The only reason Lovie and Jerry were back is because the Bears didn't want to pay to get rid of them since they both had years on their contracts. It was plain and simple. The Bears better clean house after 4 straight years of not making the playoffs which is what it will be when this season ends...

Bill Cowher anyone???
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Get a f'n clue Cutler.

There's no way in hell this team is making the playoffs. Even in the pathetic NFC. The only reason Lovie and Jerry were back is because the Bears didn't want to pay to get rid of them since they both had years on their contracts. It was plain and simple. The Bears better clean house after 4 straight years of not making the playoffs which is what it will be when this season ends...

Bill Cowher anyone???

I'd take Cowher but do you think he really wants to come here?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Get a f'n clue Cutler.

Bill Cowher anyone???

Oh, in no way do I think they'll make the playoffs. I guess I just meant it rhetorically. Like I don't want them to lose, but at this point, there's much more benefits to losing/not making the playoffs than actually getting in.

And yeah, I kinda forget about the whole "1 year left on the contracts" thing last year with Angelo and Lovie. Just another crappy excuse from the crappy front office. :lol:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.

Bill Cowher anyone???

I'd take Cowher in a second!
    I see no chance of the Bears ever trying to get him and I'm pretty sure there's no chance he'd even want to coach the stupid Bears. ALso, I couldn't imagine Cowher and Martz together either.

He'd be an amazing fit though. We need a guy who gets fired up and holds his players accountable...which is the exact opposite of what we have now.

This team is a joke.

Bring back Ditka!!!
    mca47 wrote:

Bill Cowher anyone???

I see no chance of the Bears ever trying to get him and I'm pretty sure there's no chance he'd even want to coach the stupid Bears. ALso, I couldn't imagine Cowher and Martz together either.

He'd be an amazing fit though. We need a guy who gets fired up and holds his players accountable...which is the exact opposite of what we have now.

This team is a joke.

Bring back Ditka!!!

If lovie is goine, there is a good chance the entire staff is gone, although i could see keeping some of the defensive coachs and the special team coachs. but the entire offensive coachs have to go
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Bill Cowher anyone???

This team is a joke.

Bring back Ditka!!!

If lovie is goine, there is a good chance the entire staff is gone, although i could see keeping some of the defensive coachs and the special team coachs. but the entire offensive coachs have to go

Oh yeah, no chance Martz will still be here with Lovie gone. The only guy I would keep is Dave Taub, the special teams coach. Other than that, they need to start from scratch.
    i'd keep the LB coach, maybe the secondary coach and maybe teh D line coach. the entire offense staff is gone in my book.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Apparently Cutler didnt' practice today or yesterday and now the Bears have the rest of the weekend off for the bye week. That's interesting considering how shitty this offense has been and how terrible he looked against the Redskins.
    Apparently Cutler didnt' practice today or yesterday and now the Bears have the rest of the weekend off for the bye week. That's interesting considering how shitty this offense has been and how terrible he looked against the Redskins.

this season is shot. they might as well bench cutler for the rest of the year to preserve him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Apparently Cutler didnt' practice today or yesterday and now the Bears have the rest of the weekend off for the bye week. That's interesting considering how shitty this offense has been and how terrible he looked against the Redskins.

this season is shot. they might as well bench cutler for the rest of the year to preserve him.

Preserve him for what? Cutler is not a franchise quaterback, Ive been trying to tell you people this for some time now. He had one year when he threw for 4000 yrds. He's never won a playoff game, hell he has never made the playoffs. The sooner the Bears realize that they gave away a decent QB in Orton and their top draft picks and move on, the better they will be. Its gonna be at least 5 years before the Bears are anything again(maybe 8!)
    5 years sounds about right. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Preserve him for what? Cutler is not a franchise quaterback, Ive been trying to tell you people this for some time now. He had one year when he threw for 4000 yrds. He's never won a playoff game, hell he has never made the playoffs. The sooner the Bears realize that they gave away a decent QB in Orton and their top draft picks and move on, the better they will be. Its gonna be at least 5 years before the Bears are anything again(maybe 8!)

Are you a Bears fan or a bitter Broncos fan?

C'mon. Do you think Orton could do anything with the Martz offense and the worst O-line in the league?
    Give me a break! The Bears would be 0-7 right now.
    Put Manning or Brees in there and I don't see more than maybe one more win. It's truly that bad.

I've seen a handful of Broncos games this year and Orton has pretty much all day and all night to sit in the pocket and evaluate all his options. I'm giving big props to the Broncos O-line because I'm pretty sure I could throw for 3000 yards with that kind of protection...oh, and guys who run the right routes...that usually helps.

I'm the first to bash the Bears shitty O-line, but let's also not forget the young WR's we have who consistantly run wrong routes, do not come back to the ball, and get schooled by average CBs and safeties.

- Worst O-line in the league
    - Naive young WRs who wouldn't start on other teams
    - Martz' system which opens O-lines wider than they should be
    - No running game
    - No offensive changes/play calls to adjust to blitzes
    - No audibles

Hmmm...pretty sure if I was a QB I'd want the fuck OUT!!!!
  • mca47 wrote:

C'mon. Do you think Orton could do anything with the Martz offense and the worst O-line in the league?
    Give me a break! The Bears would be 0-7 right now.
    Put Manning or Brees in there and I don't see more than maybe one more win. It's truly that bad.

I've seen a handful of Broncos games this year and Orton has pretty much all day and all night to sit in the pocket and evaluate all his options. I'm giving big props to the Broncos O-line because I'm pretty sure I could throw for 3000 yards with that kind of protection...oh, and guys who run the right routes...that usually helps.

I'm the first to bash the Bears shitty O-line, but let's also not forget the young WR's we have who consistantly run wrong routes, do not come back to the ball, and get schooled by average CBs and safeties.

- No running game
    - No audibles

Hmmm...pretty sure if I was a QB I'd want the fuck OUT!!!!

I never said Orton was better than Cutler. I said he was decent, If you dont trade for Cutler you at least would have those draft picks to start building our line and receiver core. The only game that Cutler won for us was the Dallas game. So with Orton you might be 0-7, but in actuality with Cutler we should be 1-6 (he didnt play in Carolina and Detroit won that opening season game, they just got SCREWED by that shitty rule)

All Im saying is everyone in Chicago wanted Cutler so bad they didnt see he wasnt near as good as he was sold to be.

And out of this list you made...
    - No running game
    - No audibles

The top two are the only ones that carry over from the last two years. Dont forget, Forte for some reason ran that ball like a mother fucker his rookie year!

CUTLER SUCKS, ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL!!!!!!!

• I never said Orton was better than Cutler. I said he was decent, If you dont trade for Cutler you at least would have those draft picks to start building our line and receiver core. The only game that Cutler won for us was the Dallas game. So with Orton you might be 0-7, but in actuality with Cutler we should be 1-6 (he didnt play in Carolina and Detroit won that opening season game, they just got SCREWED by that shitty rule)

All Im saying is everyone in Chicago wanted Cutler so bad they didnt see he wasnt near as good as he was sold to be.

And out of this list you made...
    - No running game
    - No audibles

The top two are the only ones that carry over from the last two years. Dont forget, Forte for some reason ran that ball like a mother fucker his rookie year!

CUTLER SUCKS, ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the running game was complete fucking garbage last year too. And the offensive changes/play calls were pretty fucking terrible with Ron Turner as our coordinator.

Cutler has struggled, but the piece of shit Bears organization hasn't done anything to help him out. I mean, hoenstly, what QB would be able to do anything with this O-line and pathetic group of WRs??

Our only hope is to clean house and get some people in management that know how to build a team from the ground up. Do you really think we would be much better with Orton and those 2 first round draft picks?? Jerry Angelo can't draft for shit....look at his track record....it's a fucking joke like this entire organization has become.
  • That was an ugly game against the Redskins last week, lol.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Caught some olin krutz last night saying that they could be just fine in the second half. yeah right. they won't be fine until they over haul that line. it's going to be a long second half.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Caught some olin krutz last night saying that they could be just fine in the second half. yeah right. they won't be fine until they over haul that line. it's going to be a long second half.

Yep, I really don't see how it can get any better...
    Garbage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg