THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    1 guest wrote:
    1 guest wrote:
    Is it just me, or do you get the feeling bears are going to flop in free agency

We did just sign a punter....Adam Podlesh from the Jags.

But yeah, they need to make some moves here....I'm getting pretty nervous about not having signed Kreutz or Anthony Adams yet. Also hearing that Greg Olsen is on the trading block now....

i saw that Olsen thing. His agent sent a note to all the teams telling them to make an offer, than recanted it shortly after. he's on the block.

Adams didn't soudn confident yesterday on the radio about being back.

Kreutz can leave, as long as they can find somebody to replace him.

crap

Cutler is gonna get murdered again

I really don't know what the hell they are doing right now. They're in big trouble if they don't bring back Kreutz...he isn't what he was in the past, but they have nobody to replace him. Anthony Adams is way underrated....he had a very good season last year.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rasheed davis signs with detroit...not a big loss, but he was a solid special teams players

sounds likely that Kreutz is going to end up someplace else. (san fran sent him a contract last night)

gonna be a long season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    1 guest wrote:
    rasheed davis signs with detroit...not a big loss, but he was a solid special teams players

sounds likely that Kreutz is going to end up someplace else. (san fran sent him a contract last night)

gonna be a long season

Losing a lot of quality special teams guys.

I really dont know what the fuck the Bears are doing.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,365
    They are who we thought they were! None of this surprises me at all. The problem with the Bears is that every few years they put together a lucky ass season such as the NFC title game last year and the Super Bowl in 06 with a shitty team and the management thinks they have something great and just sit back and do nothing.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    While Kruetz is old as shit, they need to sign him. He's even said he wants to play and retire in Chicago, and they could easily sign him for a modest amount. There are NO decent centers on the block...none!!
    This just boggles my mind!

It was clear all last year that that o-line was the worst in football. What do they do? Draft a couple of unproven young guys, and let the vets walk. Makes perfect sense! Ugh!

Yeah, and 81 is right. Either Cutler gets literally killed on the field this year, or we set the alltime record for sacks allowed...a record that will never be touched...except maybe by the 2012 Bears.

You'd think Cutler would be more vocal about this. I know I would if I was him! I'm pretty sure I'd tell the Bears "Get me a decent line or go fuck yourselves!" The guy is still young, and has the talent...the Bears could easily end his career. Ugh!
    They are who we thought they were! None of this surprises me at all. The problem with the Bears is that every few years they put together a lucky ass season such as the NFC title game last year and the Super Bowl in 06 with a shitty team and the management thinks they have something great and just sit back and do nothing.

Pretty much summed it up right there!
    "We were close, so lets just do the absolute minimum we can and hope we can get lucky as shit..."
    So Olsen is seriously on the block? WTF?!?!

While he's not Gates or Dallas Clark, the guy is also Cutler's biggest target. With a 2 second pocket, you need a big guy who can catch the ball on short routes. Fuckin' Martz!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Bears sign blocking TE Matt Spaeth from Pitt
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,365
    Fukudome to the Indians!!!!! Oops wrong team.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Isnt that what last years te fa was suppose to be?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

Pretty much summed it up right there!
    "We were close, so lets just do the absolute minimum we can and hope we can get lucky as shit..."

While I do agree with most of this, I wouldn't consider Super Bowl in 06 a lucky ass season. The offense obviously struggled at time with Grossman, but that defense fucking dominated and took them to the super bowl. The Bears definitely had a horseshoe up their ass last year and caught a ton of breaks to get to the NFC championship game, but let's not knock the 06 team.
    1 guest wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Isnt that what last years te fa was suppose to be?

Yep, Manamaleuna or however you spell it. The only problem was that he couldn't block.
    mca47 wrote:
    So Olsen is seriously on the block? WTF?!?!

While he's not Gates or Dallas Clark, the guy is also Cutler's biggest target. With a 2 second pocket, you need a big guy who can catch the ball on short routes. Fuckin' Martz!

Clark/Olsen were one of the top tight end combos in the league and in just over a year it looks like Martz will have run both of these guys out of town. I don't know what the fuck is going on up in Lake Forest.
    obviously nothing.

they have a ton of cash to play with and what have they done....sign a blocking TE, while a good LB went to Detroit, a good DE went to Philly.

oh wait, they did have breakfast with their back up LB. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    obviously nothing.

they have a ton of cash to play with and what have they done....sign a blocking TE, while a good LB went to Detroit, a good DE went to Philly.

oh wait, they did have breakfast with their back up LB. :roll:

Yeah, it kills me how so many teams are battling with the cap...yet the Bears have a ton of money to spend and they've decided to more or less do nothing. Ugh!

OL: Worst in the league last year. Do nothing, except potentially get worse.
    WR: Brought in Sanzenbacher. I think he'd be a great 3rd down or slot WR, but certainly not a game changer.
    TE: Possibly losing Cutler's biggest "go-to" target and signing a blocking TE. :?
    LB: Need strong side LB. Did nothing.
    Secondary: Granted, there wasn't much out there but could have used an upgrade in any of the 4 positions.

But we did get a punter!! :? :lol:
    with all due respect, there is/was a ton of high end CB/S out there. You got that CB out in oakland a few solid safties. and in fairness, we are only hearing done deals from around the league, and there have only been a few, BUT, we lost out on the LB target to Detroit, we lost out on the DE target to Philly. a few other players choose to stay with their current teams (pitt amoung others)

:lol:

who the fuck am i kidding.

Greg is gone. just haven't heard who the player is and what the draft pick coming back are.

but we have a punter a blocking TE and maybe roy williams

fuck me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Roy Williams :lol:

maybe Martz can get another good year out of him.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

trust me, nobody is excited by this move.

problem with the bears is they trade high end draft pics for lower draft pics. (olson). then they draft players high in the draft and release within a couple of years (tank, benson). or they get solid players, develop them and let them walk for nothing (manning, jones).

tough to win when you do those three things.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    81 wrote:

problem with the bears is they trade high end draft pics for lower draft pics. (olson). then they draft players high in the draft and release within a couple of years (tank, benson). or they get solid players, develop them and let them walk for nothing (manning, jones).

I think its a good move.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    81 wrote:

I think its a good move.....

ok, one person does.

as long as the expectations are set low, they paid low, then it's not a bad move. but if the team trys to sell the move as a big splash, i'm driving up to lake forest and kicking somebody in the shin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

ok, one person does.

as long as the expectations are set low, they paid low, then it's not a bad move. but if the team trys to sell the move as a big splash, i'm driving up to lake forest and kicking somebody in the shin
    Williams will lead the Bears in....

Receptions...
    Yards per reception....
    Total Yards...
    And Touchdowns Receiving.....

Right???
    dropped balls and alligator arms.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    who the fuck am i kidding.

Greg is gone. just haven't heard who the player is and what the draft pick coming back are.

but we have a punter a blocking TE and maybe roy williams

fuck me.

Now that Olsen is gone, there are ZERO players remaining on the Bears roster from the 2007 draft.
    81 wrote:

ok, one person does.

Williams will lead the Bears in....

Receptions...
    Yards per reception....
    Total Yards...
    And Touchdowns Receiving.....

Right???

I sure hope so. This move will either look brilliant or fucking ridiculous.
    Hester hasnt figured out the playbook....In 4 years??? He still has no clue how to run a route.....

Williams should figure it out in a month or so.....
    Hester hasnt figured out the playbook....In 4 years??? He still has no clue how to run a route.....

Yeah, our current WRs aren't the brightest guys....

But we have a new punter!!!!!

hehehehehehe

Ughhhh.............

Cutler will be running for his life....Again!!!!

But we have a new punter!!!!!

hehehehehehe

Ughhhh.............

Cutler will be running for his life....Again!!!!

I do like the punter move...Maynard was pretty rough last year. But that can't be our big free agent pickup!

If we don't get Kreutz back and another O-linemen, Cutler might die this year. What the fuck is Angelo doing??

Dane Sanzenbacker is the brightest and he's only been here a day. :lol: He went to my gf's high school.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What the fuck is Angelo doing??

i think a lot is going on in the background that we are not hearing about.

FA's can start signing contracts today? right? if so, i think we hear alot more real info today and tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg