THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    We are more sophisticated than this meatball "DA BEARS" crap. It's so worn out.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJBuckeye wrote:

you're nuts.

Daaaa Bears rules.

it's like bashing that team up north. it never gets old.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

you're nuts.

Daaaa Bears rules.

I was thinkign the same thing....that shit never gets old with me.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday!!!! 5 more days of waiting...I don't think I can handle this.
  • 81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

you're nuts.

Daaaa Bears rules.

I was thinkign the same thing....that shit never gets old with me.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday!!!! 5 more days of waiting...I don't think I can handle this.

Were just killing time until then. :)

Serious note I'm glad it's the Packers vs Bears for the NFC.

It's great for both teams.
    81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

you're nuts.

Daaaa Bears rules.

I'm not bashing the Chicago Bears, I'm bashing "DA BEARS" It should stay in the 90's, like Seinfeld
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    when was the last time a home team was an underdog in a championship game?
    www.myspace.com
  • PJBuckeye wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

you're nuts.

Daaaa Bears rules.

I'm not bashing the Chicago Bears, I'm bashing "DA BEARS" It should stay in the 90's, like Seinfeld

Woah, woah, woah...first you want to get rid of "DA BEARS" and now Seinfeld???
    and grunge :mrgreen:
    when was the last time a home team was an underdog in a championship game?

crazy. it's not like the Bears were blown out twice by the packers during the season. both games were decided by a TD or less with the home team winning both games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and the Bears didn't even have a full game plan in place in the loss while the Packers were facing a must win
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    and the Bears didn't even have a full game plan in place in the loss while the Packers were facing a must win

agreed. vanilla offense and defense. Bears can play with Packers. The game really can go either way, so maybe the line should be pick em, but no way the line should be Bears +3. Maybe it will bring some extra motivation for the Bears.

Anybody see the article about Bears players taking Metra to the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me knowing the scumbag Packers.

*Banjo music playing in the background*

Packer fan #1: "Goddamn them Bears! Can you believe they beat the Seahawks?"
    Packer fan #2: "What's a Seahawk?"
    #1: "Damnit Cletus, they're from Seattle!"
    #2: "What's a Seattle?"
    #1: "Damnit Cletus! Either way, them Bears look mighty tough. That Cutler is getting pretty dag-nab good!"
    #2: "Shouldn't we just take him out like we did with that Jim McNugget guy?"
    #1: "You mean, Jim McMahon? No Cletus, they have rules against that now. Not only can you not take a guy out 10 seconds after he passes the ball, but you can't even touch the guy now!"
    #2: "Well shit! How the fuck are we supposed to win then?"
    #1: "Fuck if I know Cletus...fuck if I know".

*Banjo music continues*

You have a fetish for southern guys and banjo music? lol

:lol:
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    So the President of China is scheduled to visit Chicago this week. He MUST be a Bears fan :!:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    interesting look at how the bears transformed their offense for the better over the course of the season...

http://www.csnphilly.com/01/20/11/Eagle ... feedID=692

The Chicago Bears are hosting the NFC Championship game on Sunday. They are one win away from the Super Bowl. The Eagles are sitting home, wondering why the wheels fell off their playoff wagon for the second year in a row.

Well, they might learn something by studying the Bears, specifically the way they fixed their offense on the fly this season.

The Bears lost three of four games going into their bye week, Oct. 31, and they were in a downward spiral that appeared irreversible. They suffered a 17-3 home loss to the Giants in which quarterback Jay Cutler was sacked 10 times. They lost to Washington, 17-14, as Cutler was intercepted four times by the same player, cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

It was ugly and embarrassing and the bye week was full of speculation about whether head coach Lovie Smith would even survive the season. So how did the Bears go from rock bottom to the brink of a Super Bowl?

Simply put, they changed. Offensive coordinator Mike Martz, no doubt at the urging of the head coach, changed his approach. Instead of the spread-the-field, everybody-out-in-the-pattern, bombs-away style he favors, Martz went conservative: more protection, more quick throws and more rushing attempts.

The result was a more balanced offense that saved the Bears season. The Eagles – who ran the ball effectively much of the season but got away from it at the end and suffered as a result (sound familiar?) – would be wise to take note.

Look at the numbers …

In the first seven regular season games, the Bears had a pass-to-run ratio of 61 percent to 39 percent. Martz was trying to run a deep-drop vertical passing game behind a less than stellar offensive line, and the results were terrible. Cutler was getting pounded (31 sacks), and because he was in so many long-yardage situations, the Bears were the worst team in the league at converting third downs.

They were 15-for-84, 17.9 percent, converting on third down. They were 1-for-11 on third downs against Dallas, 0-for-13 against the Giants and 0-for-12 in a loss to Seattle. You could play blindfolded and do better than that.

Stubborn as he is, Martz knew he had to change so the Bears came out of the bye with a whole new approach. They were less reckless, they max protected more and they put the ball in the hands of Matt Forte, their underrated – and underutilized – running back.

The numbers over the last nine regular season games tell the story. The Chicago offense was almost perfectly balanced – 258 called runs, 275 called passes. The pass to run ratio dropped to 52-48. Sacks went down, turnovers went down and efficiency went up.

The Bears went from the worst third-down offense in football to one of the best. In the last nine games, the Bears successfully converted 49 of 111 third downs, a 44.1 rate and obviously a huge improvement.

In their divisional playoff win against Seattle, the Bears ran the ball 45 times (for 176 yards) and threw it just 29 times. They converted 10 of 18 third downs. Remember, they were 0-for-12 against the same defense earlier in the season.

Going against the Green Bay defense and its fierce pass rush, look for Martz to stick with what’s working.
    www.myspace.com
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Interesting article. I was amazed that Martz would actually change his game plan. Glad he did, and hope it keeps working. Thanks for the article.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

Woah, woah, woah...first you want to get rid of "DA BEARS" and now Seinfeld???
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    BEARS win by 4 points today !!!

Bears line is still +3.5

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Chris Berman just picked the Packers....

Thursday night I listened to Dan Hampton pick the Packers.....
    Dan Hampton is another member of the 85 Bears that I wish would just fucking go away.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Take me piece by piece.....
  • Halftime....

Bears could EASILY be down by 30....

They are who we thought they were????

hehehehehehehehehe
  • I wonder what those fuckers...Who spent $2000 a ticket to witness this crap.....

Are thinking right now????
  • Todd Collins....

Great...
    Just fucking great............
  • Jay Cutler has just become...

PUBLIC ENEMY #1.......
    Jay Cutler has just become...

PUBLIC ENEMY #1.......

It would have been lose-lose for Cutler unless he went out on a stretcher.
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I've watched a lot of post-game "chat" about him and only a few people are really seeing this as it probably is...
    Cutler likely hurt his knee. The team and Cutler realized that whatever injury it was, he would cause a much greater negative effect on the team being in there than someone else.

I don't buy the "Tap Out" bullshit people are throwing around. This guy has been hit harder and more consistently than anyone else in the NFL all season. Why he would decide to "tap out" in the NFC Championship is completely illogical. If anything, he would have done it after week 3 and told the Bears to fuck off.
  • mca47 wrote:

PUBLIC ENEMY #1.......

I've watched a lot of post-game "chat" about him and only a few people are really seeing this as it probably is...
    Cutler likely hurt his knee. The team and Cutler realized that whatever injury it was, he would cause a much greater negative effect on the team being in there than someone else.

I don't buy the "Tap Out" bullshit people are throwing around. This guy has been hit harder and more consistently than anyone else in the NFL all season. Why he would decide to "tap out" in the NFC Championship is completely illogical. If anything, he would have done it after week 3 and told the Bears to fuck off.

My initial thought was that Cutler should be on a stretcher or in the game. BUt like you say, this guy has taken a fucking beating the past 2 years....no way he wouldn't have been in that game if he wasn't seriously fucked up.

Some interesting timeouts and play calls on that last drive. Shouldnt have called that timeout in the first 3rd town try...would have had the first down easily. And then they come out of the timeout with a reverse to Bennett??? Are you fucking kidding me??? Run a reverse with Hester if anybody. And why not take that last timeout before that 4th down play??? Doesnt make sense to me...

Disappointing end to a very surprising season. Fuck.
  • mca47 wrote:

PUBLIC ENEMY #1.......

mca47 wrote:

PUBLIC ENEMY #1.......

My initial thought was that Cutler should be on a stretcher or in the game. BUt like you say, this guy has taken a fucking beating the past 2 years....no way he wouldn't have been in that game if he wasn't seriously fucked up.

Some interesting timeouts and play calls on that last drive. Shouldnt have called that timeout in the first 3rd town try...would have had the first down easily. And then they come out of the timeout with a reverse to Bennett??? Are you fucking kidding me??? Run a reverse with Hester if anybody. And why not take that last timeout before that 4th down play??? Doesnt make sense to me...

Hey Indifference71 and mca47

Cya next season. hahahaha

Feels so good saying that to you two goof ball Bear fans. :lol:

• Hey Indifference71 and mca47

Cya next season. hahahaha

Feels so good saying that to you two goof ball Bear fans. :lol:

Not much I can say to that. Just remember that you guys barely beat us with our 3rd sting QB in there. I think this is goin to be a great rivalry for years to come...

And you know we're goin to be rooting like hell for whoever plays the Packers!

Yep, I was a bit pissed off too, then reality kicked in and realized that the decision for him not to play was bigger than just the QB position.
    Had Forte or anyone else on that team gone down with a knee injury, and all things being the same...nobody would have said a word.
    People love drama, and the more of these bonehead scenarios they can come up with the happier they are...

Dumb.
    But yeah, Lovie has a history of bad time management.
    Hanie's throw to that fat fuck for a pick-6 was bad, but he shouldn't have been put in that situation of 4th and 7 (or whatever it was) with 50 seconds left.
    Yeah, and after the timeout they come back with the reverse to Bennett? Really? You have all that time to come up with a play, and THAT'S IT?!?! Ugh!

Either way, Hanie impressed me. Despite the 2 picks, he looked very solid.
    It's pretty clear that Collins is about 10 years past his prime.