THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

Hey Indifference71 and mca47

Cya next season. hahahaha

Feels so good saying that to you two goof ball Bear fans. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Good luck in the SB Pat.
    I would be a little concerned though. The Steelers are a much better team than the Bears. Their offense and defense are far more explosive and consistent.
    Barely beating a team with a 3rd string QB and well,...no offensive plan. It could be tough for you guys.

Either way, you beat us, and because it was the Packers...I am now a Steeler's fan! ;) hehehe
  • mca47 wrote:

My initial thought was that Cutler should be on a stretcher or in the game. BUt like you say, this guy has taken a fucking beating the past 2 years....no way he wouldn't have been in that game if he wasn't seriously fucked up.

Some interesting timeouts and play calls on that last drive. Shouldnt have called that timeout in the first 3rd town try...would have had the first down easily. And then they come out of the timeout with a reverse to Bennett??? Are you fucking kidding me??? Run a reverse with Hester if anybody. And why not take that last timeout before that 4th down play??? Doesnt make sense to me...

Disappointing end to a very surprising season. Fuck.

Yep, I was a bit pissed off too, then reality kicked in and realized that the decision for him not to play was bigger than just the QB position.
    Had Forte or anyone else on that team gone down with a knee injury, and all things being the same...nobody would have said a word.
    People love drama, and the more of these bonehead scenarios they can come up with the happier they are...

Dumb.
    But yeah, Lovie has a history of bad time management.
    Hanie's throw to that fat fuck for a pick-6 was bad, but he shouldn't have been put in that situation of 4th and 7 (or whatever it was) with 50 seconds left.
    Yeah, and after the timeout they come back with the reverse to Bennett? Really? You have all that time to come up with a play, and THAT'S IT?!?! Ugh!

Either way, Hanie impressed me. Despite the 2 picks, he looked very solid.
    It's pretty clear that Collins is about 10 years past his prime.

I don't think Collins ever had a prime.... :lol::lol: That's on the GM and coaching staff right there...this guy is your best option as a backup QB?????

It's hard to be mad when your starting QB gets knocked out, but fuck, it just didnt seem like the coaching staff gave us the best chance to win with what we had. Oh well...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    It was a great year. No one expected the Bears to go this far. Hell, I thought they would go 4-12. There are many idiots out there burning Cutler jerseys. Hey, I'm not a big fan, but I KNOW if he could have, he would have played. On to the draft, the Bulls and Baseball.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I guess the Bears took it hard! :lol::lol:;)

rexgrossman.jpg
  • Heres one that kind of surprised me...And pissed me off...

The Bears WON the coin toss...
    And decided to let Greenbay have the ball 1st???
    Really???
    REALLY?????

You let the hottest QB in football take the ball 1st???

Really???

It took Rodgers all of 90 seconds to light up the Bears defense.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • So by sitting on my couch yesterday....
    The Jets had only ONE MORE RUSHING yard than ME in the 1st half yesterday?????

Back in 1985 I had 20 more TOTAL Yards than New England had in the 1st half of the Superbowl(-19)

But I was much younger and more elusive back then.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • The word is that Cutler has a torn MCL. Will this be enough to get people off of his back? I still can't get over the outrage after he came out of the game.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    The word is that Cutler has a torn MCL. Will this be enough to get people off of his back? I still can't get over the outrage after he came out of the game.
    I'm tired of hearing about it as well. The thought never crossed my mind yesterday during or after the game that Cutler was sitting out because he wasn't hurt. For as many times as he got sacked/hit this year- the dude is tough as hell. The damn media just has to invent something to talk about - so tired of that shit.

In a positive note, I'm proud of the Bears this season. Of course I'd LOVE to had them win yesterday, but we'll be back next year. Great teams always return
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Anyone else see Urlacher's postgame conference after the game? What was that guy doing in front of him? - at least it brought a smile to my face after the game :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    While i['m not a bear fan, i hated see all those dumbass players on loser teams complaining about cutler on twitter. I would love to see the bears come out and tell people to come and talk to them when they do something like win.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    The word is that Cutler has a torn MCL. Will this be enough to get people off of his back? I still can't get over the outrage after he came out of the game.
    I'm tired of hearing about it as well. The thought never crossed my mind yesterday during or after the game that Cutler was sitting out because he wasn't hurt. For as many times as he got sacked/hit this year- the dude is tough as hell. The damn media just has to invent something to talk about - so tired of that shit.

In a positive note, I'm proud of the Bears this season. Of course I'd LOVE to had them win yesterday, but we'll be back next year. Great teams always return

The fact that Cutler comes off as an asshole in the media really didn't help his cause. But like you said, after watching the beating that Cutler has taken on a regular basis over the past 2 years with that piece of shit O-line playing in front of him, I don't see how any Bears fan can question how tough he is.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LukinFan wrote:

wasn't even the media, it was the idiot players sitting at home on the couch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

wasn't even the media, it was the idiot players sitting at home on the couch.

True, but the media has been blowing it up all day. I found it funny that MJD was one of the guys questioning Cutler when he was a guy who missed a couple games late in the season because of a knee injury with his team fighting for a playoff spot.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I hope Jay keeps quiet and doesn't say a word to anyone until training camp.
    You know the media is just waiting for ANY kind of response. Him shutting them out would be the biggest 'fuck you' he could give 'em!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Go Bulls!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    Report: Cutler took painkiller at halftime

Disclaimer: Those who will continue to question Bears quarterback Jay Cutler’s toughness regardless of the facts need read this post no further.

Citing a source close to the situation, Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun Times reports that Cutler took a painkilling shot at halftime of Chicago’s NFC Championship Game loss to Green Bay. Many have accused Cutler of not trying hard enough to play the final two quarters of the game through a torn knee ligament.

According to Jensen, it’s “believed” Cutler suffered his torn MCL on the first play of the second quarter, when Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett landed on Cutler’s left knee. Pickett, nicknamed “Big Grease” during his time in St. Louis and a former nose tackle, is listed at 330 pounds.

Cutler went on to finish the entire half and play the first possession of the third quarter.

Jensen also passes along belief that the Bears intended to hold Cutler out of the full second half after diagnosing the torn ligament in the locker room.

Just before the start of the half, all signs pointed to backup Todd Collins starting the third quarter. Collins was warming up with receivers, while Cutler came out of the locker room helmet-less and with no football in hand.

Cutler then abruptly put his helmet on and gave it a go.
    www.myspace.com
    I wish this story would just go away.

Jay is our qb. Focus on upgrading the oline and wr's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

I know. It's so ridiculous. I haven't been able to listen to sports radio since the day after the GB game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    81 wrote:

I know. It's so ridiculous. I haven't been able to listen to sports radio since the day after the GB game.

you will be hearing about this for foreseeable future. there is no doubt about that.
    www.myspace.com
    Harris, Hunter and Schaffer cut today. no real suprises.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Harris, Hunter and Schaffer cut today. no real suprises.

So long Tommie Harris. It's a shame because when healthy, he was a huge difference maker.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Really Jay Cutler? You dump Kristin Cavallari? What a moron!!
    You have to assume he can get a different hottie every week....and if that makes him a better qb, thats ok with me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    You have to assume he can get a different hottie every week....and if that makes him a better qb, thats ok with me

True. I just don't know if I like our starting QB breaking off his engagement the week before training camp starts!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:

True. I just don't know if I like our starting QB breaking off his engagement the week before training camp starts!
    It will help him stay focused on the game, rather than thinking about the ass he is going to get after..
    the only question that remains....

what does the training camp schedule look like? it's about time for a trip down I-57
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

what does the training camp schedule look like? it's about time for a trip down I-57

Ehhh...Kankakee doesn't really do it for me.
    81 wrote:

Ehhh...Kankakee doesn't really do it for me.

it makes for a nice sunday get away from the area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    0724-cavallari-inf-bn-credit.jpg

Jay's looking a little soft, might want to hit the gym a bit!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    get outta of here before i start chucking pennies at your car. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg