THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Good start.

Offense looked pretty good. Running game was a little rough. Passing game looked good.

What the fuck happened to the D? Yeah, they caused some turnovers, but they didn't put any pressure on Dalton all day. Without any pressure, the cover2 doesn't work for shit. Hopefully they can get their act together next week!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Good start.

Offense looked pretty good. Running game was a little rough. Passing game looked good.

What the fuck happened to the D? Yeah, they caused some turnovers, but they didn't put any pressure on Dalton all day. Without any pressure, the cover2 doesn't work for shit. Hopefully they can get their act together next week!
    Very impressed they were able to come back. Usually, Cutler puts his head down and a loss comes. I really thought they would lose, only because they still didn't seem to have it together in the pre-season. Good come back win......

Paging #90, #90 please report to Soldier Field on Sunday.
    mca47 wrote:
    Good start.

Very impressed they were able to come back. Usually, Cutler puts his head down and a loss comes. I really thought they would lose, only because they still didn't seem to have it together in the pre-season. Good come back win......

Paging #90, #90 please report to Soldier Field on Sunday.
    No kidding. Where the hell was Peppers?!?

I was also more than impressed by Long and Mills.
  • Nice start to the season. Wasn't pretty, but the Bengals are a really good team. Great not to see Cutler getting sacked all afternoon. D-line needs to play better. I'm still not convinced this is a playoff team, but definitely a good start....
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Nice start to the season. Wasn't pretty, but the Bengals are a really good team. Great not to see Cutler getting sacked all afternoon. D-line needs to play better. I'm still not convinced this is a playoff team, but definitely a good start....

zach zaidman said the previous regime was like 12-42 when trailing at the half so that's a good sign that trestman actually makes adjustments at the half. fine start for da bears despite the pourous D-line.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    Nice start to the season. Wasn't pretty, but the Bengals are a really good team. Great not to see Cutler getting sacked all afternoon. D-line needs to play better. I'm still not convinced this is a playoff team, but definitely a good start....

zach zaidman said the previous regime was like 12-42 when trailing at the half so that's a good sign that trestman actually makes adjustments at the half. fine start for da bears despite the pourous D-line.

Yeah, nice to see some actual coaching going on. It was also nice to see the head coach actually talking on the sidelines. Lovie used to just stand there and look up into the sky. :fp:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Halftime adjustments? I hope Bryan Cox isn't reading this.
  • Solid Win versus a very quality opponent.

I too thought the Bears would give up after going down 11. Nice to see a little heart!

Hope this team keeps getting better and strings a few wins together!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm only here to piss mca off.

Bears still suck!!!

I was actually rooting for them but they didn't beat the spread so that pissed me off even more than having to root for them :x :x :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Bears still suck!!!

I was actually rooting for them but they didn't beat the spread so that pissed me off even more than having to root for them :x :x :x
    Hi mamasan23. :wave:
    Glad you stopped over to our little thread.
    Not as much cheese, hillbillies or inbred over here, so stay as long as you want.

You'll see it's quite nice over here.

You're welcome to stay as long as you need.

:thumbup:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Bears still suck!!!

Hi mamasan23. :wave:
    Glad you stopped over to our little thread.
    Not as much cheese, hillbillies or inbred over here, so stay as long as you want.

You'll see it's quite nice over here.

You're welcome to stay as long as you need.

:thumbup:

I just can't take it any more...my arteries are already clogged with sausage grease...and my God what happened to your field? Is it really that shitty?

:o:lol: :wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    "Hahaha, your playing surface sucks!"

I was trying to be nice but you went way too far!!

Nobody makes fun of our grass...especially last place fans of last place teams!
    :fp:
  • Bears 27
    Vikings 17
  • Bears 27
    Vikings 17

Bears 27
    AP 17 (yes he is going to kick a FG)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Bears still suck!!!

Not as much cheese, hillbillies or inbred over here

Super bowls, don't forget super bowls, not as much of those here either :wave:
    Bears 27
    Vikings 17

Bears 27
    AP 17 (yes he is going to kick a FG)
    :lol:

Bears 28
    Vikings 20
  • Bears 31
    Vikings 21

:corn:
    Nice shirt.
  • Bears 24
    Vikes 20
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Not gonna have any fingernails left after this season! :lol:

What a game! It really should have been something like 31-14...but whatever.

I'm starting to worry about our pass rush. Two games, no pressure. Two games, Peppers not mentioned once.
    Our o-line has done a good job in protection but we can't open up a hole for shit.

Hester looked great today.
  • mca47 wrote:

I'm starting to worry about our pass rush. Two games, no pressure. Two games, Peppers not mentioned once.
    Our o-line has done a good job in protection but we can't open up a hole for shit.

Cutler passing on 1st down from the 1 yard line?
    And getting intercepted?
    WTF was that all about?
    mca47 wrote:

Cutler passing on 1st down from the 1 yard line?
    And getting intercepted?
    WTF was that all about?
    Don't mind the call but at least have him roll out or something. Ugh!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Ya think Hester is happy just returning kicks?

:lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ya think Hester is happy just returning kicks?

:lol::lol::lol:
    It is crazy to think he was a starting WR. Couple years ago, our starting WRs were Hester-Knox-Earl. Kellen Davis our starting TE. :fp: And we also had Webb as a starting lineman :fp:
    Not sure how Cutler completed A pass or managed to not actually die on the field. :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    It is crazy to think he was a starting WR. Couple years ago, our starting WRs were Hester-Knox-Earl. Kellen Davis our starting TE. :fp: And we also had Webb as a starting lineman :fp:
    Not sure how Cutler completed A pass or managed to not actually die on the field. :lol:
    On his 2 BIG runs today.
    Wasn't it kind of strange to actually see him get caught?
    3-4 years ago there was NO WAY he was getting caught from behind.
    mca47 wrote:
    On his 2 BIG runs today.
    Wasn't it kind of strange to actually see him get caught?
    3-4 years ago there was NO WAY he was getting caught from behind.
    Yeah, I said the same thing when he got dragged down from behind by a second string CB.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, I said the same thing when he got dragged down from behind by a second string CB.

Yep, he doesn't have that breakaway speed anymore. He still made a big difference yesterday though....finally they realized he should only be a kick returner.

Bears should have won that game easily. Some brutal turnovers and giving up a kick return TD to start the game fucked things up :fp:

Like you guys mentioned earlier in the thread, the defensive line needs to get their shit together. Non-existent the first 2 weeks. But overall, it's hard to complain when we're 2-0. And 2 4th quarter comebacks by Cutler...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Bennett is clearly the Bears' savior. I'm glad Jay can trust him on the checkdowns unlike the shitty Davis he had last year.

2-0 vs two playoff teams is alright with me.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:
    Couple years ago, our starting WRs were Hester-Knox-Earl. Kellen Davis our starting TE. :fp: And we also had Webb as a starting lineman :fp:
    bth_smiley_emoticons_klokotzen-1.gif
  • I'll be in Pittsburgh for the game on Sunday night. We have a group of 10 heading out for the game. Should be a good time. Never been to Pittsburgh, but have heard good things. And judging by how the Steelers have looked the first 2 weeks, we'll hopefully be seeing a win.
  • Bears 21
    Steelers 17