THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    is soldier field worth touring? i've always thought it looked like a cool, old stadium...and now with this odd space ship that is sitting inside of it, i'm more intrigued.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    is soldier field worth touring? i've always thought it looked like a cool, old stadium...and now with this odd space ship that is sitting inside of it, i'm more intrigued.

checking out the old columns are cool. beyond that, the stadium itself sucks. like one restroom per 10,000 drunk fans. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

checking out the old columns are cool. beyond that, the stadium itself sucks. like one restroom per 10,000 drunk fans. :fp:

Yep. Not sure what the tour includes, but it may be cool if you get to see a lot of the inside of the stadium and locker rooms and stuff like that.
    81 wrote:

really? i would have thought the renovation would have solved that problem.

no tour on thursday or saturday. just friday at 12:30. eh, maybe we'll just drive past it.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

no tour on thursday or saturday. just friday at 12:30. eh, maybe we'll just drive past it.

didn't even know they did tours....might be sort of cool.

last time we went to the game, i jumped in line just after the end of the 2nd qtr. by the time i got back to my seat, it was 5 minutes into the third. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Once you are actually in your seats, the place is great. Great sight lines and not many bad seats in the place. It's just everything else that is a mess. The bathroom and parking situations are completely fucked. And not to mention that they have the smallest stadium in the league in the 2nd biggest market in the league. :fp:
    just looking at it on a map, i was confused about where people parked and tailgated. doesn't seem like a lot around there. had no idea it was the smallest stadium. oh well, next time the birds are in town, maybe i will check it out.

here is my other question: looking for a nice place to eat on thursday. best restaurant in town? preferably either a steak house or italian joint. suggestions?
    www.myspace.com
    just looking at it on a map, i was confused about where people parked and tailgated. doesn't seem like a lot around there. had no idea it was the smallest stadium. oh well, next time the birds are in town, maybe i will check it out.

here is my other question: looking for a nice place to eat on thursday. best restaurant in town? preferably either a steak house or italian joint. suggestions?

i DEMAND an answer. please don't make me wade through one of those million wrigley show threads. where should i eat on thursday??
    www.myspace.com

i DEMAND an answer. please don't make me wade through one of those million wrigley show threads. where should i eat on thursday??

Don't even get me started on the debacle that is Soldier Field.

If you're looking for a steak house, Joe's Stone Crab and Mastro's are the 2 best that I've been to in the city. Both are really expensive, but one of the best meals you'll ever have.

Don't even get me started on the debacle that is Soldier Field.

If you're looking for a steak house, Joe's Stone Crab and Mastro's are the 2 best that I've been to in the city. Both are really expensive, but one of the best meals you'll ever have.

thanks. mastro's it is. looked it up. supposed to be one of the best in the city. thanks for the recommendation. i first tried to get into joe's but it was booked for thursday already a few days ago.
    www.myspace.com

thanks. mastro's it is. looked it up. supposed to be one of the best in the city. thanks for the recommendation. i first tried to get into joe's but it was booked for thursday already a few days ago.

Yeah, it's really tough to get a reservation at Joe's. They have locations in Miami and Vegas too...if you ever have the chance, check it out. Enjoy Mastro's....I love that place.
    Bears single game tix go on sale thurday.

starting at $102

gonna try for a pair of cheapies to a game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

starting at $102

Starting at $102? :shock:

I'd look for early-season games.
    Not as cold.
    If the Bears start sucking or if Cutler, Marshall, Forte gets hurt...tickets may get cheaper later in the year. :( :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

starting at $102

Starting at $102? :shock:

I'd look for early-season games.
    Not as cold.
    If the Bears start sucking or if Cutler, Marshall, Forte gets hurt...tickets may get cheaper later in the year. :( :lol:

late september or early october...need to check the schedule....might be better off road tripping to detroit :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

late september or early october...need to check the schedule....might be better off road tripping to detroit :lol:

I'll be in Pittsburgh for the game on September 22nd. Unless I get free tickets, I'm done messing around with that dump on the lakefront.
    81 wrote:

I'll be in Pittsburgh for the game on September 22nd. Unless I get free tickets, I'm done messing around with that dump on the lakefront.
    I like pittsburgh....fun city...but steelers fan..uhgg...enjoy the trip
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Yeah, looking forward to it. Hoping to check out PNC Park while we're there too.

So I should expect a bit of heckling while I'm there, huh?
    81 wrote:

Yeah, looking forward to it. Hoping to check out PNC Park while we're there too.

So I should expect a bit of heckling while I'm there, huh?
    I would assume yes. Used to work with a bunch of steeler fans. Talk about snobs. Hell, just look here and their six sb shit all the time. #worsethancubsfans
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Only 4 days in and I'm PUMPED about the upcoming season.
    It seems like the players are super excited about playing for Trestman!
    Looks like Kyle Long is a beast!
    A healthy Alshon is going to be HUGE!

I'm excited for the offense this year but a little worried about our D. I still think it'll be a top 10 defense but age and lack of depth (in the event of an injury) is some spots has me a little concerned.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I have 2 road trips planned this year. I'm headed to DC for the Redskins game in October (followed by 2 PJ shows in Philly!!!!). Also a quick trip to Cleveland in December (cheap tickets and the Rock and Roll HOF!)
    Just listened to the Jay Cutler show on Waddle and Silvy (yesterday's recording).
    Even more pumped about this team!!!!

Can't wait for the season to start!!!! :D
    I have 2 road trips planned this year. I'm headed to DC for the Redskins game in October (followed by 2 PJ shows in Philly!!!!). Also a quick trip to Cleveland in December (cheap tickets and the Rock and Roll HOF!)

2 road trips?? Nice! We have a group of about 11-12 of us heading to Pittsburgh for the Sunday night game. Bears road trips are the best!

2 road trips?? Nice! We have a group of about 11-12 of us heading to Pittsburgh for the Sunday night game. Bears road trips are the best!

I usually try to get to a couple new stadiums a year. Pittsburgh was #1 on my list this year, but I have a family wedding that weekend so I had to go with Plan B (and C).

I believe this year will be the 14th & 15th stadiums I have seen the Bears play in :thumbup:

I usually try to get to a couple new stadiums a year. Pittsburgh was #1 on my list this year, but I have a family wedding that weekend so I had to go with Plan B (and C).

I believe this year will be the 14th & 15th stadiums I have seen the Bears play in :thumbup:

Very cool.
    What are your favorite and least favorite stadiums?

I believe this year will be the 14th & 15th stadiums I have seen the Bears play in :thumbup:[/quote]

Nice! This will be my 7th different stadium seeing the Bears play in. Hopefully we can keep this trip going for a long time....we had this tradition before everyone started getting married/having kids. You can't break tradition! My wife is cool about it, but some of the others might not be. :fp:

Isn't it crazy how much better every stadium is than Soldier Field?? The Denver stadium a couple years ago has been my favorite so far.
    mca47 wrote:

Very cool.
    What are your favorite and least favorite stadiums?

I actually have them in order. The dumpy domes are definitely towards the bottom ;)

Favorite to Least Favorite

Lambeau (GB)
    Cowboy Stadium (DAL)
    Foxborough (NE - even though the fans were mostly dicks)
    Invesco Field (DEN)
    Soldier Field (CHI)
    Ford Field (DET)
    University of Phoenix Stadium (ARI)
    Sun Life Stadium aka Dolphin Stadium (MIA)
    Edward Jones Dome (STL)
    Superdome (NOLA)
    Old Giants Stadium (saw both NYJ & NYG)
    Hubert Humphrey Dome (MIN)
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    No chatter about last night's game? Did anyone bother to watch?

I didn't.

In fact, I completely forgot about it until I just looked at the front page of today's Tribune.
    JTH wrote:
    No chatter about last night's game? Did anyone bother to watch?

I didn't.

In fact, I completely forgot about it until I just looked at the front page of today's Tribune.
    I watched. :yawn:
    Preseason games don't mean anything...I just like to watch to see the young guys. Bostic's pick 6 was nice!
  • One throw, one pick. Nice start to the new era!
    One throw, one pick. Nice start to the new era!
    What's strange is that he's been doing that a lot in camp too. First play pick... :?