THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    Lin Brehmer

So when Trestman was picked as new Bears coach I checked out his bio. He went to St. Louis Park High in Minneapolis area. Wait a minute, I thought, our old friend Peter Himmelman went there and was just two years younger. So I went to P.H. facebook page and asked if he knew Trestman. Peter wrote "Yes,I knew him as the world's most athletic Jew. Furthermore, I got my second electric guitar and amp from his Dad's music store: Trestman Music." and now you know the rest of the story. http://93XRT.com/

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Isnt the cfl the league that receivers get a running start from 20 yards behind the qb before the ball is snapped???
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394 wrote:
    Isnt the cfl the league that receivers get a running start from 20 yards behind the qb before the ball is snapped???

Yep. They also play 3 downs instead of 4, have a 110 yard field, and a 20 yard end zone.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Chicago,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for tapping the immense talent pool that is the CFL for your new quarterbacks coach. Oh, shit, he's your new head coach!? Well, I guess he did coach Steve Young for a year huh?

Sincerely,
    The NFC North
    :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Chicago,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for tapping the immense talent pool that is the CFL for your new quarterbacks coach. Oh, shit, he's your new head coach!? Well, I guess he did coach Steve Young for a year huh?

Sincerely,
    The NFC North

:nono: , eh?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Chicago,

Sincerely,
    The NFC North

oooo oooo oooo

ahhh ahhh ahhh
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Chicago,

Sincerely,
    The NFC North

Shouldn't you be worried about that Packers defense??? I think Kaepernick just ran for another TD. :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Chicago,

Sincerely,
    The NFC North

Shouldn't you be worried about that Packers defense??? I think Kaepernick just ran for another TD. :lol:

it's ok, if she knew anything about football.....she wouldn't be wearing that avatar.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :P :P :P
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

it's ok, if she knew anything about football.....she wouldn't be wearing that avatar.
    :lol:

True dat!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Chicago,

Sincerely,
    The NFC North

Now that's funny. :lol:
  • It sounds like it isn't looking good for Marinelli coming back. That would suck.
    It sounds like it isn't looking good for Marinelli coming back. That would suck.

:x
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I love how everyone here who clearly knows fuck-all about the CFL is absolutely certain this is a bad hire.

Fact is, the guy coached American football for 25 years or so before coaching in the CFL and in his first three years there, he led his team to the championship game and won two of those games.

Oh, but wait. He hasn't coached in the NFL since 2004. Obviously he's forgotten everything about the league and can't possibly get up to speed on its newfangled rules.
    byebye coach marinelli... we'll miss you and your limp

time for the 3-4 d?
    davidtrios wrote:
    time for the 3-4 d?

not this year....you have to slowly transition to that with player change. team is built for a 4-3 system.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    trestman presser on now.
    Marc Trestman..."I can't wait to get my hands on Jay Cutler"
    he looks a bit of a goofball....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JTH wrote:

good find, i wish i found this show to be funny
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/ ... roduction/

In his first interview, he presented Emery with a 13-month calendar that ran from the date of the interview all the way to the 2014 Super Bowl.

Or as Trestman later put it: “Up until the parade.”

:thumbup: :)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    81 wrote:
    he looks a bit of an :ugeek: ....

;)
    www.myspace.com
    It's early, but I'm fn pumped! From what I've read about Trestman's early press conferences and interviews...this guy seems to truly be a breath of fresh air. That and the fact that it seems like every player who's played for him in the past raves about him as a coach and a person.
    Cutler and him met for lunch and their food sat there for two hours untouched as they talked.
    While I do worry about the loss f Marinelli, I think this may be one of the better moves in a long, long time.
  • mca47 wrote:
    It's early, but I'm fn pumped! From what I've read about Trestman's early press conferences and interviews...this guy seems to truly be a breath of fresh air. That and the fact that it seems like every player who's played for him in the past raves about him as a coach and a person.
    Cutler and him met for lunch and their food sat there for two hours untouched as they talked.
    While I do worry about the loss f Marinelli, I think this may be one of the better moves in a long, long time.

I hope you're right. I don't dislike the hire, but I'm not crazy about it. But, this guy is a QB guru and all his players seem to love him. I hope it works out well.
    mca47 wrote:

I hope you're right. I don't dislike the hire, but I'm not crazy about it. But, this guy is a QB guru and all his players seem to love him. I hope it works out well.

Im not really one for players loving the coach..lovie was a players coach...i like a coach who is respected but isnt afraid to yank a player out of a game for being a dumbass..the fact that he and jerkface are already in bed scares me as well..
    Wma31394 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Im not really one for players loving the coach..lovie was a players coach...i like a coach who is respected but isnt afraid to yank a player out of a game for being a dumbass..the fact that he and jerkface are already in bed scares me as well..
    What word comes up over and over again in these player interviews that I like...."accountability".
    I guess he hold everyone to a really high standard, treats them with respect, and will hold you accountable for fn up!