THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Cutler to blame for RG3's knee injury?
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/10/ ... ee-injury/

:fp: :fp: :fp:

I knew it would come up at some point....

:fp:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:

too many talking heads in the world.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:

I blame Brent Musburger
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mca47 wrote:

I blame Brent Musburger
    :lol:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Are they saying that because he caught shit for coming out of the game, Griffin felt pressure to play through his injury?
    JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Are they saying that because he caught shit for coming out of the game, Griffin felt pressure to play through his injury?
    Yeah, that's pretty much what they were getting at. I love how the media was talking about blaming Jay for the injury because of the reaction the media had to Jay's injury.
    If they are to blame anyone, they certainly need to blame themselves. They are the ones who were questioning Jay's toughness, questioning the injury prior to him even seeing a doctor, and making the entire situation one the short-sighted public would eat up with spoon.
    Tie that into the fact that Jay comes off as a bit of a dick and he's the media's poster child for negative press. RG3 is this young, outgoing, dynamic rookie who "took the NFL by storm". It's so sad to see him go down, but Jay is a pussy that should have played. :fp:
    Stupid media!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    looks like toub did interview this week...
    www.myspace.com
    rumor has it.... dude from the CFL is going to be the guy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 1124.story

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:

they had to pick the one guy that everyone will say is a bad hire :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM0UyNqrS0o
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Funny, I still wonder why Lovie was let go. 10-6 record - was it poor building depth of an O-Line?
    Question: Whether its Trestman (offensive smarts) or whoever - who comes into this organization as a head coach and wins MORE than 10 games? Serious? Of all the firings, this one still makes no sense to me.
    Reminds me when Marty was canned in SD after a 14-2 season. Did Norv ever go 15-1 or better?
    Lovie has accomplished some things in the NFL and is by all accounts loved by his players and fellow coaches. Is this bad in today's NFL? Doesn't the GM bring in coordinators and talent? Did the GM get canned too?
    Does Marc Trestman make the Bears better today (than Lovie)? Does he bring an OL with him?
    Confused and would love some of "da'Bears" fans thoughts...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Funny, I still wonder why Lovie was let go. 10-6 record - was it poor building depth of an O-Line?
    Question: Whether its Trestman (offensive smarts) or whoever - who comes into this organization as a head coach and wins MORE than 10 games? Serious? Of all the firings, this one still makes no sense to me.
    Reminds me when Marty was canned in SD after a 14-2 season. Did Norv ever go 15-1 or better?
    Lovie has accomplished some things in the NFL and is by all accounts loved by his players and fellow coaches. Is this bad in today's NFL? Doesn't the GM bring in coordinators and talent? Did the GM get canned too?
    Does Marc Trestman make the Bears better today (than Lovie)? Does he bring an OL with him?

not going to the playoffs more often di him in. not that i agree with the firing, but that's the reason.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

they had to pick the one guy that everyone will say is a bad hire :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM0UyNqrS0o

i think it's an interesting selection if he is indeed the guy. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJFAN13 wrote:

Lovie not making the playoffs 5 out of 6 years and his inability to hire an effective offensive coordinator is what did him in. Also, 3 playoff wins over 9 years just isn't good enough.

The GM got canned last year. Emery is going into his 2nd year now. Gotta let him bring in his own guy to give him a fair shot.
  • 81 wrote:

Sounds like it's a huge rumor right now. Funny how 1 guy putting something on twitter sets off this panic. Just saw on Twitter from Jason La Canfora that Trestman hasn't even heard back from the Bears yet. He has been pretty right on with all of these coaching searches.
    81 wrote:

Sounds like it's a huge rumor right now. Funny how 1 guy putting something on twitter sets off this panic. Just saw on Twitter from Jason La Canfora that Trestman hasn't even heard back from the Bears yet. He has been pretty right on with all of these coaching searches.

[conspiracy theory]maybe the bears had jimmy put it out there to gauge fan reaction [\conspiracy theory]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

[conspiracy theory]maybe the bears had jimmy put it out there to gauge fan reaction [\conspiracy theory]

The Bears?? Come on...this organization would never do something like that. Also, this Emery guy seems extremely organized and doesn't fuck around.
    He is hardly my dream coach for the Bears, but if Trestman is indeed the guy, I like the hiring. He's an offense-minded guy with head coaching experience. Granted, the CFL is literally a completely different ballgame, but he's got plenty of American football experience as well.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    JTH wrote:
    He is hardly my dream coach for the Bears, but if Trestman is indeed the guy, I like the hiring. He's an offense-minded guy with head coaching experience. Granted, the CFL is literally a completely different ballgame, but he's got plenty of American football experience as well.

does he know the nfl rules?

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    JTH wrote:

trust me as a CFL watcher if he is your guy you will be happy.
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    defiantly a different way to go about it. most teams seem to choose their guy first....then interview a few to meet league rules...

gotta figure the bears are a prime head coaching destination right now....given the choice, you take the bears over just about all the other openings. right? and if that's the case, you can afford to take your time and hopefully find the correct guy.

the philadelphia eagles are just as good of a destination...even with howie roseman there.

i dunno....you guys are full of dsyfunction right now. you guys should be able to turn it around pretty quick with the right coach, but i am of the opionion that the bears are in better shape going into next season.

i would agree the bears are in better shape for next year. but they are a lot older than the eagles too.

2 of the larger markets in the country.
    2 rabid fan bases.
    the eagles have an owner who clearly doesn't meddle and has a ton of patience. it appears the bears owner is the same way, i'm assuming just with how long lovie got.
    eagles have a state of the art stadium. bears have a renovated legendary stadium.
    eagles have a first class training facility. i'm guessing the bears do to, but are not sure.

the eagles have some talent on the roster, young talent. and the nfl is a league where you don't need 3 to 4 years to turn things around anymore.

the 2 big negatives the eagles have is the qb situation and the fact that howie roseman does not appear to be well respected.

will guys be happy with trestman?
    www.myspace.com
    i would agree the bears are in better shape for next year. but they are a lot older than the eagles too.

2 rabid fan bases.
    the eagles have an owner who clearly doesn't meddle and has a ton of patience. it appears the bears owner is the same way, i'm assuming just with how long lovie got.
    eagles have a state of the art stadium. bears have a renovated legendary stadium.
    eagles have a first class training facility. i'm guessing the bears do to, but are not sure.

the eagles have some talent on the roster, young talent. and the nfl is a league where you don't need 3 to 4 years to turn things around anymore.

the 2 big negatives the eagles have is the qb situation and the fact that howie roseman does not appear to be well respected.

your first point was my point. givent he chance to coach any team that had a vacancy this year, i would choose the bears.

i'm ok with trestman. gotta figure he could install some of the CFL's pass happy principals into the bears offense. and then if he is smart and keeps the defensive coachs, they should be in pretty good shape.

the d isn't as old as everyone makes it out to be. lot of young guys contributing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

2 rabid fan bases.

your first point was my point. givent he chance to coach any team that had a vacancy this year, i would choose the bears.

i'm ok with trestman. gotta figure he could install some of the CFL's pass happy principals into the bears offense. and then if he is smart and keeps the defensive coachs, they should be in pretty good shape.

the d isn't as old as everyone makes it out to be. lot of young guys contributing

The D is ABSOLUTELY as old as everyone makes it out to be. Point in case......See Russell Wilson shred the D on consecutive drives in Chicago to start the end of the Bears season.....No one on the Bears D could catch that young man.
    both safty's are young.

the D line is pretty young outside of peppers and I o dine

it's the line backing crew. 54 looked slow this year, and briggs looked to be slowing down.

tillman is getting up there, but he's also getting better it seems.

need LB's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I really hope Bears management is watching the Broncos/Ravens game. The luxury of having decent TEs.... :roll:

I wonder if Kellen Davis is watching?!? :lol:
    JTH wrote:
    That Humperdink guy..Or whatever the fuck his name is..
    What the hell does Roger Kaputnik have to do to get some respect in this league?

berg.jpg
    I'm thinking this Kaputnik kid might just be the real deal.
  • mca47 wrote:
    I really hope Bears management is watching the Broncos/Ravens game. The luxury of having decent TEs.... :roll:

I wonder if Kellen Davis is watching?!? :lol:

Seemed to be a trend with all of the playoff teams....they all have good TEs!! TE and O-line have to be the main focus this offseason.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    '67 Team signed ball on Pawnstars.
    #FHP
    bruce arians a finalist?
    www.myspace.com
    bruce arians a finalist?

not that i have seen or heard

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 8108.story

tribune is reporting
    seattle OC Darrell Bevell
    and montreal HC Marc Trestman

although they also go on to say, that there could be a 3rd person coming back for the second round.

likely should know later this week
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg