THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    You had him already but Martz didn't use him. Greg Olsen is at home laughing.

Agreed. While Olsen couldn't block for shit, he at least caught most balls thrown his way.

It would also be nice to have a line that could protect the QB so we didn't HAVE to use the TE as an extra lineman.
  • mca47 wrote:

Agreed. While Olsen couldn't block for shit, he at least caught most balls thrown his way.

It would also be nice to have a line that could protect the QB so we didn't HAVE to use the TE as an extra lineman.
    69 catches and if Cam actually used him correctly 80-90 would have been possible.
    Go Birds!!!!
    And I am sorry, but the defense FAILED the Bears too.

Seattle game?
    2 back to back, 80 yard drives allowed?
    Do we all remember that?
    Yeah, there was no excuse for that.

Shoulda won the Seattle game and the Vikings game. Could have won the Texans and the 2nd Packers game.
    One win out of those 4 and we'd be looking forward to next Sunday.
    A real TE would have helped.
    mca47 wrote:

69 catches and if Cam actually used him correctly 80-90 would have been possible.
    Davis had 19. He had 18 in 2011.

6'7" piece of crap!

All the TEs who had the most catches happen to be playing for quality teams....those that are still playing...
  • None of these problems will be solved by firing Lovie.....
  • mca47 wrote:
    And I am sorry, but the defense FAILED the Bears too.

Seattle game?
    2 back to back, 80 yard drives allowed?
    Do we all remember that?
    Yeah, there was no excuse for that.

Shoulda won the Seattle game and the Vikings game. Could have won the Texans and the 2nd Packers game.
    One win out of those 4 and we'd be looking forward to next Sunday.
    A real TE would have helped.
    And Lovie takes the heat?
    Lovie gets fired?
    I realize in his 9 years, the offense has struggled. To put it mildy. How many offensive coordinators did he go through? But Lovie is and always will be, a class act. He will soon find another head coaching job in the NFL. Or better yet, I hope he ends up in New England or Denver as a defense coordinator first, and wins a couple of Super Bowls.

3 division titles
    2 NFC championship games
    1 Superbowl

Lovie will coach again.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • And Lovie takes the heat?
    Lovie gets fired?
    I realize in his 9 years, the offense has struggled. To put it mildy. How many offensive coordinators did he go through? But Lovie is and always will be, a class act. He will soon find another head coaching job in the NFL. Or better yet, I hope he ends up in New England or Denver as a defense coordinator first, and wins a couple of Super Bowls.

3 division titles
    2 NFC championship games
    1 Superbowl

Lovie will coach again.

The head coach always takes the heat. That's just how it is.

His inability to hire a good offensive coordinator is what ultimately doomed him. That and missing the playoffs 5 out of 6 years. Definitely a class act and won't be surprised at all if he gets another head coaching gig right away if that's what he is looking for.
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm sure the Packers will beat the Vikings by 30 next week.

Fuckers!
    Called it.
  • mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Fuckers!
    Called it.
    Would not be too surprised to see the Packers march their way right to the Superbowl.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Fuckers!
    Called it.
    Would not be too surprised to see the Packers march their way right to the Superbowl.

:mrgreen:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    did dave toub interview horribly last year?

i can't figure out why no team is interested in him...
    www.myspace.com
  • did dave toub interview horribly last year?

i can't figure out why no team is interested in him...

Can't figure that out either. Still shocked the Bears haven't given him an interview yet.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    gotta be honest, not sure i agree with the lovie firing.

:leaving:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

5 out of 6 years missing the playoffs isn't good enough.
    81 wrote:

5 out of 6 years missing the playoffs isn't good enough.

i agree, but at the same time, they go to the playoffs in 2011 if not for the backup qb situation...and most years, 10 wins gets you in.

have they said anything about the defensive coachs coming back? i've not heard or seen anything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i agree, but at the same time, they go to the playoffs in 2011 if not for the backup qb situation...and most years, 10 wins gets you in.

have they said anything about the defensive coachs coming back? i've not heard or seen anything.

There are a ton of what if situations from the 2011 season. If Barber doesn't single-handedly lose that Denver game, maybe they get in. Regardless, Lovie's inability to hire an effective offensive coordinator was his downfall.

Sure, 10 wins usually gets you in. But they would have gotten their asses kicked by SF if they did sneak in.

Haven't heard anything about any of the assistants staying on. Depends on who they end up hiring.
    lovie smith reminds me of a defensive version of andy reid. his teams are usually pretty good but ultimately come up short when it really matters. they have similiar mediocre records since losing in the super bowl.

figures the eagles are interviewing him. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • lovie smith reminds me of a defensive version of andy reid. his teams are usually pretty good but ultimately come up short when it really matters. they have similiar mediocre records since losing in the super bowl.

figures the eagles are interviewing him. :roll:

Lovie in Philly would be a terrible thing. The media/fans in Philly would tear him apart.
  • Apparently Emery is interviewing everyone in the NFL. Even Singletary gets an interview???? If they hire that clown, I may have to start focusing on arena football. I also saw that the Bears apparently have interest in Brian Kelly from ND. I doubt Kelly is serious about going to the NFL....I think he's just looking for a big raise at ND.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Apparently Emery is interviewing everyone in the NFL. Even Singletary gets an interview???? If they hire that clown, I may have to start focusing on arena football. I also saw that the Bears apparently have interest in Brian Kelly from ND. I doubt Kelly is serious about going to the NFL....I think he's just looking for a big raise at ND.

he has every right to interview as many as he wants and i personally like it. he is getting a ton of perspective from several people arounf the league- esp from those coaches in the nfc north :lol:
  • davidtrios wrote:
    Apparently Emery is interviewing everyone in the NFL. Even Singletary gets an interview???? If they hire that clown, I may have to start focusing on arena football. I also saw that the Bears apparently have interest in Brian Kelly from ND. I doubt Kelly is serious about going to the NFL....I think he's just looking for a big raise at ND.

he has every right to interview as many as he wants and i personally like it. he is getting a ton of perspective from several people arounf the league- esp from those coaches in the nfc north :lol:

Never said he didn't have the right. Just find it a little strange that he is interviewing 15+ people. Regardless, I just hope he gets it right.
    defiantly a different way to go about it. most teams seem to choose their guy first....then interview a few to meet league rules...

gotta figure the bears are a prime head coaching destination right now....given the choice, you take the bears over just about all the other openings. right? and if that's the case, you can afford to take your time and hopefully find the correct guy.

guess we find out in a few years. :lol:

i swear to all that is holy, if they don't draft a good O lineman in the first round, i'm driving up to lake forest and punching someone in the face
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i swear to all that is holy, if they don't draft a good O lineman in the first round, i'm driving up to lake forest and punching someone in the face

they have to get one right one of these days. however, i hope they end up signing a proven guy.
    davidtrios wrote:

they have to get one right one of these days. however, i hope they end up signing a proven guy.

that's fine as well....well....3 or 4 guys
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, there are going to be quite a few OTs available this offseason so they better go get one of them. And draft another 1 or 2. I wish the Bears could just draft the entire Alabama offensive line.
    davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, there are going to be quite a few OTs available this offseason so they better go get one of them. And draft another 1 or 2. I wish the Bears could just draft the entire Alabama offensive line.

:lol: ya, they good...they real good
    81 wrote:
    defiantly a different way to go about it. most teams seem to choose their guy first....then interview a few to meet league rules...

gotta figure the bears are a prime head coaching destination right now....given the choice, you take the bears over just about all the other openings. right? and if that's the case, you can afford to take your time and hopefully find the correct guy.

the philadelphia eagles are just as good of a destination...even with howie roseman there.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

the philadelphia eagles are just as good of a destination...even with howie roseman there.

i dunno....you guys are full of dsyfunction right now. you guys should be able to turn it around pretty quick with the right coach, but i am of the opionion that the bears are in better shape going into next season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtrios wrote:

:lol: ya, they good...they real good

That O-line at Bama is insane. Those guys are all monsters.