THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Arians, Trestman, and Bevell. I liked Arians from the beginning, but don't really have a preference for any of the 3. I hope Emery knows what the hell he is doing.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    some advanced stats guy was on the radio and said despite the second half decline, the bear had the 6th best defense since 1991 and the 5th best team in the NFL. what a shame, what a waste.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    some advanced stats guy was on the radio and said despite the second half decline, the bear had the 6th best defense since 1991 and the 5th best team in the NFL. what a shame, what a waste.

If only the offense could have just played decent against some of the better opponents. :fp:
    Brad Biggs just tweeted that ST coach Dave Toub will def. not return to the Bears.

This is very bad news IMO
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    Brad Biggs just tweeted that ST coach Dave Toub will def. not return to the Bears.

pretty sure he wanted more, so no real suprise to me

i do hope they bring back some fo the defensive staff if they bring in an offensive HC
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

pretty sure he wanted more, so no real suprise to me

i do hope they bring back some fo the defensive staff if they bring in an offensive HC

apparently, trestman is the offensive version of lovie where he is completely hands off when it comes to the defense. im thinking there is a very good chance marinelli stays...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    davidtrios wrote:

hopefully the eagles scoop him up
    www.myspace.com
    davidtrios wrote:

is he an HC candidate? or would it be a lateral move?
    davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

is he an HC candidate? or would it be a lateral move?

either lateral...or possibly d coordinator.
    www.myspace.com
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    DS1119 wrote:

Yea marc trestman ladies and gents..so called qb guru coach..hmm not sure about going to the cfl for our coach.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yea marc trestman ladies and gents..so called qb guru coach..hmm not sure about going to the cfl for our coach.

The CFL thing is a little weird. But, this guy is an alleged QB and offensive expert. I hope Emery knows what the hell he is doing. This hire will either make or break him as GM.
    wow....talk about outside the box
    www.myspace.com

dude was a long time NFL assistant coach. i don't think it's that far outside.

seems like the fact that cfl teams throw throw and throw some more might benifit some of the offensive designs.

should be interesting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

seems like the fact that cfl teams throw throw and throw some more might benifit some of the offensive designs.

should be interesting

To hire a guy as head coach who hasn't coached in this league in 8 years is very outside the box. The league has changed a ton in the past 8 years. Not saying I don't like the hire...just very surprised this is the direction that they went in. Like you said, this should be interesting.
    81 wrote:

should be interesting

yeah up until 2004. he's been out of the league for a huge amount of time.

has a cfl coach ever been hired to coach an nfl team? i don't think so. there's a lot of reasons this is out of the box. not saying it won't work, but it's definitely not the safe pick.
    www.myspace.com
    i wonder if he would have taken the OC position if you guys went another direction for HC.
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Chicago Bears fans...your next next head coach. :lol::lol::lol:

Why he didn't get the job outright is mind blowing to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kromer
    81 wrote:

should be interesting

To hire a guy as head coach who hasn't coached in this league in 8 years is very outside the box. The league has changed a ton in the past 8 years. Not saying I don't like the hire...just very surprised this is the direction that they went in. Like you said, this should be interesting.

you could say the same thing about pete carroll or any of the other college coachs that get hired to coach in the nfl. college game is way different than the nfl. in fact, the cfl might be closer to the nfl game more than ever before with all the pass happy offense's.

i just hope he is smart and retains some of the defensive coachs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    looks like montreal threw it 64% of the time. so it's not like they are throwing too much more than some nfl teams.

but there's 2 big rule differences that make throwing the ball much easier up there:

1- the field is is bigger and the endzones are way bigger. so the offense has so much more room to maneuver--especially in the redzone.
    2- it seems like the entire team can be in motion up there in canada where only one player can be in motion in regular football. this would really confuse defenses and gives the receivers or backs out of the backfield a head start.

that's gonna be an adjustment for him.

eh? :eh:

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    fair enough.

but if you can get 3500 yards out of kosar and 3500 out of scott mitchel, you gotta be doing something right. :P

at this point, i'm ok with the hiring.....i'm give them the benifit of the doubt until halloween.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    you could say the same thing about pete carroll or any of the other college coachs that get hired to coach in the nfl. college game is way different than the nfl. in fact, the cfl might be closer to the nfl game more than ever before with all the pass happy offense's.

i just hope he is smart and retains some of the defensive coachs.

True. I'm not crazy about college coaches coming to the NFL either. I guess I should have said that he's been coaching a completely different game with different rules, different field dimensions, etc... for the past 8 years. It's very strange to hire a guy who has been away from American football for this long.

He would be wise to keep as much of that defensive staff as he can.
    I don't know why you're debating the "new" head coach. The "newer" head coach was already hired. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    fair enough.

but if you can get 3500 yards out of kosar and 3500 out of scott mitchel, you gotta be doing something right. :P

at this point, i'm ok with the hiring.....i'm give them the benifit of the doubt until halloween.

it's funny that you're going back 25 years for one guy and about 15 for another. :lol:

kosar was a pretty good qb in his day though.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    fair enough.

it's funny that you're going back 25 years for one guy and about 15 for another. :lol:

kosar was a pretty good qb in his day though.

rich gannon, steve young, jake the snake....all had good years under him as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    these guys want to offer their congratulations to the chicago bears

mounties.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:
    Chicago Bears fans...your next next offensive coordinator. :lol::lol::lol:

fixed. 6 games are HC, no oC experience. however, it doesnt matter: Trestman, i imagine, will do the play calling
    davidtrios wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Chicago Bears fans...your next next offensive coordinator. :lol::lol::lol:

fixed. 6 games are HC, no oC experience. however, it doesnt matter: Trestman, i imagine, will do the play calling

Kromer will have the HC job by the latest 2014. Personally I think they brought him in as insurance knowing he can step right in midseason next year.
    Lin Brehmer

So when Trestman was picked as new Bears coach I checked out his bio. He went to St. Louis Park High in Minneapolis area. Wait a minute, I thought, our old friend Peter Himmelman went there and was just two years younger. So I went to P.H. facebook page and asked if he knew Trestman. Peter wrote "Yes,I knew him as the world's most athletic Jew. Furthermore, I got my second electric guitar and amp from his Dad's music store: Trestman Music." and now you know the rest of the story. http://93XRT.com/