THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Lovie has been fired. A very happy new year.
    Hooray!!! :)
  • Lovie has been fired. A very happy new year.

now yr really fucked. ;)

Oh no. This is great.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Now if you guys could only fire your entire offensive line
  • mca47 wrote:
    Lovie has been fired. A very happy new year.
    Hooray!!! :)

Glad to see a new era at Halas Hall. No more accepting this mediocrity.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    The Packer loss ended up having huge ramifications. If GB wins, regardless of what CHI does in the playoffs Lovie's not getting fired. As a Packer fan that loss pisses me off even more. It changed the landscape of the division, and probably not for the better for the Packers.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    i'd like to see the eagles interview dave toub.

wonder if reid will get a call from the bears...
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    It will be interesting to see who they replace Lovie with. I believe the Bears still need to pay him $5 million next year. Whoever they hire is probably going to want at least that amount. The Bears are going to have a lot of $$ tied up in coaches.
  • pureoc wrote:
    The Packer loss ended up having huge ramifications. If GB wins, regardless of what CHI does in the playoffs Lovie's not getting fired. As a Packer fan that loss pisses me off even more. It changed the landscape of the division, and probably not for the better for the Packers.

I don't know about that. Even if the Bears did get in the playoffs, they probably would have gotten their asses kicked by the 49ers. I think he may have been fired if that happened. Who knows. I'm just happy for a change.
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    It will be interesting to see who they replace Lovie with. I believe the Bears still need to pay him $5 million next year. Whoever they hire is probably going to want at least that amount. The Bears are going to have a lot of $$ tied up in coaches.

True. But if Lovie wants to coach next year, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams interested in him. So then wouldn't the Bears only be responsible for the difference in salary if there is one?
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

True. But if Lovie wants to coach next year, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams interested in him. So then wouldn't the Bears only be responsible for the difference in salary if there is one?

You are right. The Bears would only owe Lovie what is not covered by another team.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I'm gong to miss his extremely entertaining press conferences on who your QB would be!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    I think Lovie will find a job pretty quick. Whether its a head coach will remain to be seen, but I think him and Andy Reid are probably the best guys on the market.

That said, I still would like to see Bill Cowher with the Bears. He's done nothing but win, he's more offensive minded, and he holds his players accountable.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    mca47 wrote:
    I think Lovie will find a job pretty quick. Whether its a head coach will remain to be seen, but I think him and Andy Reid are probably the best guys on the market.

That said, I still would like to see Bill Cowher with the Bears. He's done nothing but win, he's more offensive minded, and he holds his players accountable.

lovie will be hired by buffalo, mark my words..

also, id like to see an offensive minded coach that can get through to jay cutler. i believe in miracles.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

also, id like to see an offensive minded coach that can get through to jay cutler. i believe in miracles.

Yeah I definitely think Lovie will get hired somewhere if he wants to coach next year. The guy has won a lot of games in this league. It was just time for a change here.

Definitely would love to see an offense-minded coach. It's an offensive-minded league. This is going to be a much different looking roster next season. Looking forward to it.
    davidtrios wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Jay is the least of my worries.
    Once they find someone, the whole focus of the offseason should be the o-line.

Already waiting for the draft...
    one mock draft says the bears will draft TE from Notre Dame. It's only a mock draft but that fake pick already pisses me off. We need a LT!!
    davidtrios wrote:
    one mock draft says the bears will draft TE from Notre Dame. It's only a mock draft but that fake pick already pisses me off. We need a LT!!
    I agree. While they def need a TE, I would not be upset if they took 5 OLs!
    mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:lol:

take em all: http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/2013-nf ... ve-tackles
    @BradBiggs: Emotional Devin Hester says he is considering retiring from the NFL.

I say :wave:
    john gruden ran a similar style d as lovie, it might be a seamless fit.

:think:
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Cutler found out about Smith's firing via text during his ESPN radio show. Crowd cheered; Cutler choked up
    Andrea Hangst - Bleacher Report NFC North writer
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    davidtrios wrote:
    @BradBiggs: Emotional Devin Hester says he is considering retiring from the NFL.

:wave: indeed!

He probably knows that Lovie was the only coach in the NFL willing to play him. His days as a WR are long gone. His days as a returner are probably over too.
  • mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:wave: indeed!

He probably knows that Lovie was the only coach in the NFL willing to play him. His days as a WR are long gone. His days as a returner are probably over too.

So long, Devin. Whether he retires or not, I think his days w/ the Bears are over. What an awful season he had. Hurt the team more than helped.
  • mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    If we had a decent TE, who actually caught passes, and blocked when needed...
    If we had a decent TE, who caught 40-50 passes a year....
    We would have beaten the Texans, and we would have beaten the Seahawks.
    We would have won the division.
    Lovie would still have a job.

That is a FACT!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

That is a FACT!
    I still find it strange that they drafted a TE last year in Rodriquez. What do they do with him? Fullback!!!! :fp:
    They should have at least given the kid a chance!
    Fn Kellen Davis is the worst TE in the league!!
  • mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

That is a FACT!
    You had him already but Martz didn't use him. Greg Olsen is at home laughing.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • mca47 wrote:

That is a FACT!
    I still find it strange that they drafted a TE last year in Rodriquez. What do they do with him? Fullback!!!! :fp:
    They should have at least given the kid a chance!
    Fn Kellen Davis is the worst TE in the league!!
    Yesterday was a PERFECT example of just how much the Bears suffer without having a decent TE. You look at that offense with a healthy Jeffery, Bennett, and Marshall...
    A healthy Forte...
    A healty Cutler...
    And that offense is not that far away from being decent..Not elite but surely above average..
    But having a gaping hole in the TE position HURTS!!!
    Three dropped TDs yesterday. One by Davis.

I wonder if someone call pull up a stat on teams with the most dropped passes. Bears would have to be top 3 if not #1.

I'm also sure Davis would lead the league in percentage of dropped passes per target.
  • If we had a decent TE, who actually caught passes, and blocked when needed...

That is a FACT!
    You had him already but Martz didn't use him. Greg Olsen is at home laughing.
    69 catches for Olsen this year.
    69 FUCKING CATCHES FOR OLSEN THIS YEAR!!!!!

Do the bears make the playoffs with Olsen at TE?
    You are damned right they do.
    Because they beat Seattle and they beat the Texans.

Im not a big woulda, shoulda, kind of guy.
    The Bears were 7-1 and fell apart. I get that.
    But those 2 games against the Seahawks and Texans were winnable games.
  • And I am sorry, but the defense FAILED the Bears too.

Seattle game?
    2 back to back, 80 yard drives allowed?
    Do we all remember that?