Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

How much money is EA going to make on Star Wars Battlefront? It doesn't have a single player mode, and I don't like online games, and EA usually fucks things up royally with releasing unfinished and broken games and screws gamer's wallets ... yet I've already pre-ordered it.

No way I pass on being able to fly a TIE Fighter

I was convinced it would be re-skinned Battlefield but the Hoth video gave me goosebumps.
    Yeah, it does look pretty badass ... but we all know the servers are going to be a mess for the first month or so ...
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Very good point. They'll be dicey, you could say.

• Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    ...anyone else play World of Warcraft? (too lazy to look through 65 pages...lol)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Just started playing Bloodbourne. Damn, this is one tough game. I feel as though I have learned a lot about the gameplay already, but I have definitely died probably around 100 times already. It is cool as hell though and the graphics are awesome. Looking forward to seeing how the game progresses.....if I can beat some of these insane enemies!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    If you like to play games with your friends ... while they are actually in the same room with you ... I highly recommend TowerFall Ascension. It's a PSN store game for the PS4. It costs $15 and it is fun as hell. Up to four players running around with old school graphics shooting arrows at each other. The matches are fast and furious.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Finishing up the loose ends on far cry 4. Solid game. It got panned a but because I guess it is similar to 3... but I didn't play 3 so I'm immune.

LikE a cross between red dead and assassins creed. Usually I have trouble finishing games out bit this game held my interest. Fun activities and crazy battles.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 said:

Finishing up the loose ends on far cry 4. Solid game. It got panned a but because I guess it is similar to 3... but I didn't play 3 so I'm immune.

LikE a cross between red dead and assassins creed. Usually I have trouble finishing games out bit this game held my interest. Fun activities and crazy battles.

I loved it. Actually completed 100 percent of everything which is unusual for me.
  • Options
    That worries me a bit because I'm prone to sequelitis. I did 100% of FC3, loved it.
  • Options
    Far Cry 4 is bad ass. Once you get the gyro copter and 60 Max ammo on the grenade launcher, well, let the good times roll!

Out of all the games I've played on the PS4, the average time played is around 5 hours. I've spent over 40 hours on FC4 and I'm probably only 35% thru the main story.
  • Options
    Yeah agreed. I am about 50 hours in. Happy with the experience.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it, it is def on my list for when I go XB1.
  • Options
    cannot wait to play Battlefront ...

• Options
    I was thinking Fallout 4 was coming out at the beginning of September but just found out it is 11/10. Bummer.
  • Options
    I was about to give up Witcher 3 and throw it into a wall. Was stuck on a mission in a cave, with a sliver of energy, nowhere to revive, and a host of hard enemies who kicked my ass. Combined with the long-ass loading screens I almost had enough.

I grinded through it though and the experience trained me how to fight and also do a lot of the other stuff like crafting and whatnot. I also got the Sun and Stars skill which actually allows my energy to replenish. Game is good now.

I still hate the sounds it makes when you eat or drink something... yuck
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I was about to give up Witcher 3 and throw it into a wall. Was stuck on a mission in a cave, with a sliver of energy, nowhere to revive, and a host of hard enemies who kicked my ass. Combined with the long-ass loading screens I almost had enough.

I grinded through it though and the experience trained me how to fight and also do a lot of the other stuff like crafting and whatnot. I also got the Sun and Stars skill which actually allows my energy to replenish. Game is good now.

I still hate the sounds it makes when you eat or drink something... yuck

Reminds me of the Legend of Dragoon, I got stuck somewhere that I couldn't get out of...and never did!
  • Options
    I kind of like challenge in games and points where you need to retry a number or times to get past areas... especially early on when you really have to scrounge together some sort of weaponry and armor. I usually start off on harder difficulty just to get that experience... I got it here for sure.

I was really struggling with the controls though and also those eternal loading screens every time you die.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

cannot wait to play Battlefront ...

yeah definitely getting that for sure
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • Options
    I was hoping to skip Metal Gear Solid 5 (because it takes me 30 minute to figure out the controls each time I play it), but it is getting stellar reviews ... even a rare "10" from Gamespot.
  • Options
    The "demo" was free on XB1 last month maybe, easy tester :)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Jason P said:

I was hoping to skip Metal Gear Solid 5 (because it takes me 30 minute to figure out the controls each time I play it), but it is getting stellar reviews ... even a rare "10" from Gamespot.

Yeah, I wasn't too wild about the last couple MGS games...not sure I even played the last one.
    That said, this one looks pretty fricken awesome. Both reviewed I read (IGN, Gamespot) gave it 10's, and Metacritic has it at a 95.
    I'll definitely be picking it up!

Fuck, I still have to complete Bloodborne.

You know, I hardly play games anymore. Granted, there aren't exactly a lot of good games flooding the market right now, but between work and finding the time to actually sit down and play...I probably turn the thing on once a month. Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but I'm also starting to hate learning controls for games. I took a month off of Bloodborne, popped it in and couldn't remember shit...and got killed a lot before it came back to me. hahahaha!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

Yeah, I wasn't too wild about the last couple MGS games...not sure I even played the last one.
    That said, this one looks pretty fricken awesome. Both reviewed I read (IGN, Gamespot) gave it 10's, and Metacritic has it at a 95.
    I'll definitely be picking it up!

You know, I hardly play games anymore. Granted, there aren't exactly a lot of good games flooding the market right now, but between work and finding the time to actually sit down and play...I probably turn the thing on once a month. Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but I'm also starting to hate learning controls for games. I took a month off of Bloodborne, popped it in and couldn't remember shit...and got killed a lot before it came back to me. hahahaha!
    yeah, that is kind of where I was.

I realized if I find the right game and focus on that in bite sized pieces... it is much better. I completed Far Cry 4 over a couple months in bite sized pieces.... now I am thoroughly enjoying Witcher 3. Great story. Great open-world with many options and legit ways to play. Once I am done with that, I will be into Fallout 4 for a loooong time.

As far as Metal Gear games go.... just way too linear for my tastes and way too far based on cutscenes and story (which jumped the shark into a confusing mess a long time ago somewhere around Metal Gear Solid 2)

I have also learned really good discipline on sports games. I only buy them every few years.

My standards are pretty high when it comes to games... mainly due to my limited time available for my many hobbies.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Yeah, I'm kind of the same way. I try to focus on one at a time, and as soon as I start skipping around, playing different games at the same time....forget it. In order for me to complete a game anymore, that has to be the only game I play until it's over.
    I'm the same with you on sports games too. I'll get a NHL game every 3 years or so. MLB The Show, i used to get every year, but now it's every other year.
  • Options
    I'm crossing my fingers that EA releases a complete NHL game this year. I refused to buy last year's joke and they didn't even put one out the year before for PS4
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    mca47 said:

You know, I hardly play games anymore.

Yeah, I probably spend more time researching them then playing them. That won't be the case with Fallout 4.

I'm in the same pickle with you on Bloodborne (and Dark Souls 2). Those aren't pickup and play games. You need to say fuck it and commit a whole weekend.

• Options
    Played MGS5 last night. It had a bonkers prologue, which didn't come as a surprise because, hey, it's Metal Gear. The controls will take time to learn. Most of the times I was detected is because i hit the wrong button and my guy just stood up.
  • Options
    Took a gamble on NHL 16 and I'm happy with it. All the game modes are back. Passing is a little tough, but I haven't played the series in several years. I've heard online play is a mess, but I just like to play local with friends.
  • Options
    Anyone pick up Forza 6?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    edited September 2015
    this is a pretty cool youtube channel for all the video game and WWE fans starring Austin Creed (aka Xavier Woods) . Also has has WWE stars Kofi Kingston, Rusev, Uso, Heath Slater and Seth Rollins is some episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-vR13FWJk

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited September 2015
    I am really enjoying Batman: Arkham Knight
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Rygar said:

Anyone pick up Forza 6?

I did, but I've barely played. I've become immersed in Metal Gear Solid. Such a fantastic game. The freedom to handle the missions however you want is really good.