Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Oh yeah. I'm an ocd hoarder when it comes to games like this
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    How is the combat in Witcher 3? I stopped playing Witcher 2 because of the wonky combat.
  • Options
    Start hording any stimpaks you can find ...

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P said:

How is the combat in Witcher 3? I stopped playing Witcher 2 because of the wonky combat.

I played the Witcher 2 and don't remember any wonky combat, what do you mean?
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I played the Witcher 2 and don't remember any wonky combat, what do you mean?
    I thought the controls for combat sucked. Maybe Dead Souls had me spoiled.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Combat seems ok. Swimming is just plain awful.
  • Options
    oh my god, swimming. lol. Make sure you save it before going underwater!

Fallout seems like we will see some deets at the E Convention. Cant wait! I hope it is done very well. IMO, Fallout 3 and its DLC is the best console game of all time, and I don't say that lightly.
    I heard awhile back that Boston was to be the setting... we'll see.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Re: Fallout 4. I'm hoping it's Boston. Exploring around the blown up monuments is a blast. heh. I have a FO3 game going with Fawkes and Dogmeat...too fun. I think the next step will be Mothership Zeta.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I think it would be optimal if they had Boston, and somehow you had access to a working railcar and were able to transport to NYC. That gives a lot of area. I just dont think Boston has quite enough recognizable landmarks to make a fully immersive game like the last 2 Fallouts had (DC/Vegas).

And Mothership Zeta was awesome. Crank up the difficulty level.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited June 2015
    Looking forward to exploring M.I.T. (if rumors true) and the subways loaded with who knows what.
    And, yes, I'm hoarding all the stimpaks I can get my hands on. :grin:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/02/fallout-4-countdown-clock-appears-runs-out-tomorrow

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I hope it's Boston because their is a small chance I could get to nuke Gillette Stadium and snipe down a mutant Tom Brady!
  • Options
    No release date as far as I can tell. I wonder if Bethesda has figured out how to climb ladders yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    looks amazing!

Possibly some prequel elements? Also looks like Boston. I also really dig that it seems like you start out as a vault-dweller.

One of the best elements of Fallout 3 was the game started, literally when your character was born. I loved 'growing up' in the vault, making decisions that would affect the game, and eventually getting out which led to me gingerly tiptoeing around a huge, scary, bright world. It was so well done, unlike any other Video game experience. New Vegas lacked this as you were kind of just dropped into the world as a surface dweller (with amnesia?)
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
  • Options
    Man, I hope this game is released this fall ...
  • Options
    well, there was a disgruntled employee who left Bethesda like a year ago who gave out a lot of info, including Boston and that it would be rolled out for E3. Take it with a grain of salt and timelines are moved all the time, but he specified October of 2015 release.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
  • Options
    The limited edition of Fallout 4 comes with an actual Pip-boy that works with the game (with your phone and an app)

Yes, I ordered it, even though I will probably use it for 30 minutes max.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    amynody have a Xbox 360 wifi adaptor they don't use anymore?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I don't but congrats on having an OG 360 that's lasted this long. A lot of the older ones without built in wifi had durability issues.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

jervin007 said:

Any fellow rpg nerds grinding on The Witcher 3? Insanely huge. Liking it so far.

I picked it up. Not far into it, but enjoying it so far. I keep thinking about advancing the storyline, but find myself playing cards a lot.

Haha, keep doing it and get every card you can. Play everyone you can. I didn't and now am having trouble with being outmatched. Hopefully it isn't too critical to the game. Oops
    Just won the Gwent tournament. I find this a really fun aspect of Witcher, but it would be nice if there was more of a variety of cards.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Anybody ever get a error code when trying to sync dragon age for Xbox one? How do I fix this without losig my game
  • Options

I don't but congrats on having an OG 360 that's lasted this long. A lot of the older ones without built in wifi had durability issues.
    Red Ring of Death! Happened to me while eating some special mushrooms.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Obsessed with Dragon's Age Inquistion , 5th play through and on Nitemare! Two handed warrior elf and romancing Sera
  • Options

Anybody ever get a error code when trying to sync dragon age for Xbox one? How do I fix this without losig my game

What is the code?
  • Options
    How much money is EA going to make on Star Wars Battlefront? It doesn't have a single player mode, and I don't like online games, and EA usually fucks things up royally with releasing unfinished and broken games and screws gamer's wallets ... yet I've already pre-ordered it.

No way I pass on being able to fly a TIE Fighter
  • Options
    Jason P said:

How much money is EA going to make on Star Wars Battlefront? It doesn't have a single player mode, and I don't like online games, and EA usually fucks things up royally with releasing unfinished and broken games and screws gamer's wallets ... yet I've already pre-ordered it.

No way I pass on being able to fly a TIE Fighter

I was convinced it would be re-skinned Battlefield but the Hoth video gave me goosebumps.