Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Rygar said:

That sounds very backwards mca!

Stranger things have happened though.

Yeah, I got it working. Had to re-install the damn thing. Turns out the disc insertion triggers a search for updated content. The disc install is 30GB, the update is 2GB. Well, the update beats the disc install and it screwed it up. Pretty sure I'm turning off that feature!

That said, this game is pretty fn hard! Oh man, I was on a good streak, had a ton of souls....then accidentally hit the "O" button and fell of a ledge. F! I'm gonna need another controller. This one won't make it past the next level! Hahaha
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Anybody pick up Mortal Kombat today? Thoughts? Installing it right now. I'm a Tekken fan myself but this will do for now.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Anybody pick up Mortal Kombat today? Thoughts? Installing it right now. I'm a Tekken fan myself but this will do for now.

I want to play this game but the first day DLC crap is complete bullshit. This is some of the worst DLC since Elder Scrolls offered "Horse Armor". I'm gonna wait until these bastards offer their "Komplete" version in six months that has all the DLC included at full price.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

I want to play this game but the first day DLC crap is complete bullshit. This is some of the worst DLC since Elder Scrolls offered "Horse Armor". I'm gonna wait until these bastards offer their "Komplete" version in six months that has all the DLC included at full price.
    I didn't buy it. It's one character that is playable now and four in the future with some skins and bullshit like that. Doesn't detract from the game at all not to have it.
  • Options
    I can't wait to play this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I can't wait to play this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

Looks badass.
  • Options
    My goal is to become the best X-Wing fighter ever!

• Options
  • Options
    YAHOO!!!
  • Options
    I am going to be kicking the fucking shit out of Imperial scum with my X-Wing in about six months.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Looks awesome!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    JV130312 said:

Looks awesome!

Does it ever!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    anyone play new Mortal Kombat...is it good?
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Yes. It's very good. If you're into fighting games, pick it up.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963

CROJAM95 said:

Yes. It's very good. If you're into fighting games, pick it up.
    I have the previous MK is it VERY different ? From what i´ve seen it doesnt seem like it.
  • Options
    Time Warner is really, really fucking with us on Mortal Kombat X with bullshit DLC that one would expect with a free download of Clash of Clans, not a $65 game. That said, MKX is a very good fighting game. I can't win a match and still have a smile on my face when playing.

I almost considered boycotting this game due to Time Warner's BS DLC. I made sure to read enough reviews to consider that the roster is pretty deep (24 fighters) before the DLC.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The more I think of SW Battlefront the less interested I am. This is based entirely on the assumption that it will be almost identical to Battlefield's conquest mode, which is fine, but to me personally it is played out.
  • Options
    Any fellow rpg nerds grinding on The Witcher 3? Insanely huge. Liking it so far.
  • Options
    I am a Witcher fan but don't have next gen/W3 yet. Looks fantastic.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Any fellow rpg nerds grinding on The Witcher 3? Insanely huge. Liking it so far.

I picked it up. Not far into it, but enjoying it so far. I keep thinking about advancing the storyline, but find myself playing cards a lot.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

I picked it up. Not far into it, but enjoying it so far. I keep thinking about advancing the storyline, but find myself playing cards a lot.

Haha, keep doing it and get every card you can. Play everyone you can. I didn't and now am having trouble with being outmatched. Hopefully it isn't too critical to the game. Oops
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I downloaded it based on the recommendation here. It has potential. I will post more when I get more grounded in the scope/freedom of the game. So far, I like it.

2 complaints though. A little too much dialogue/cut scenes, at least so far. Also, the writing is way too small.
  • Options
    FIFA 16 Cover Athlete ....

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Jason P said:

FIFA 16 Cover Athlete ....

Ha!
  • Options
    I saw Mass Effect 3 for 9 dollars the other day and bought it haha, so slow on this one!
    I love the series but got hit with Sequelitis mid-way through part 2...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    True that. Been looking forward to a new fallout for a long time.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I downloaded it based on the recommendation here. It has potential. I will post more when I get more grounded in the scope/freedom of the game. So far, I like it.

2 complaints though. A little too much dialogue/cut scenes, at least so far. Also, the writing is way too small.

They are fixing the font size in the next update. Agree with the enormous amount of cut scenes being a little too much. Great game so far.
  • Options
    Yeah. I had like 40 minutes to play last night. Like 30 minutes of watching cut scenes and then looked for side missions for a few minutes.

It's a solid game when it's going. I'm thinking I'm through the introductory story part and I'm turned loose. A lot of the dialogue was necessary to build the world

A lot of the crafting and alchemy is very overwhelming
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah. I had like 40 minutes to play last night. Like 30 minutes of watching cut scenes and then looked for side missions for a few minutes.

It's a solid game when it's going. I'm thinking I'm through the introductory story part and I'm turned loose. A lot of the dialogue was necessary to build the world

A lot of the crafting and alchemy is very overwhelming

Don't even sweat it early on. Just collect as much as you can of everything and sort it out later on. You find a lot of good gear to use without it.