Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

I know GTA offers extras for people that carry their account from last gen ... but I had an xbox and now have a ps4 so I don't know if it is possible.

It is possible. Just make sure you have registered your account with rockstars website. You have to link both your 360 account and psn account to your rockstar account. Also, if you have not gone online for awhile on gta for 360 make sure you do that. I guess they had issues with people who hadn't been online in awhile transferring over.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    The 1st person driving really makes you feel more like part of the city, and you notice the surroundings better. The sound and feel of the car also is better.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    1st person flying I think would be fun! Steal the fighter jet, and go on a rampage!!!! :D
    That and 1st person hookers! Hahahahaha
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    mca47 said:

1st person flying I think would be fun! Steal the fighter jet, and go on a rampage!!!! :D
    That and 1st person hookers! Hahahahaha

Yes! Just don't forget to get your money back!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Only played a few hours of GTA ... FPS in cars sucks but FPS in a motorcycle kicks major ass.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    Just bought the assassins creed bundle.....anybofy looking for a AC unity download code? Would trade or sell.
    Also looking to buy forza 5 if anybody wants to get rid of it
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Just bought the assassins creed bundle.....anybofy looking for a AC unity download code? Would trade or sell.

FYI Game of the Year Edition of F5 is 29.99 on XBL marketplace for Black Friday.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Beat Tomb Raider for PS4. Really liked the game! Now have Infamous on the way and hopefully GTA, Assassins Creed, Far Cry and Dragon Age will have more availability on gamefly in the coming weeks
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Rygar said:

FYI Game of the Year Edition of F5 is 29.99 on XBL marketplace for Black Friday.
    Thanks. Hoping to get it on disc though, for some reason Im not a huge fan of downloading games
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    Jason P said:

Only played a few hours of GTA ... FPS in cars sucks but FPS in a motorcycle kicks major ass.

I like it when you are taking your time and driving relatively conservatively. IMO it really gets you to look at the surroundings more, notice pedestrians, etc.
    However, it is tough/impossible when involved in some sort of chase
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited November 2014
    Got an Oculus Rift waiting (at my work shop) for me to play around with...I'm excited, Can't wait to bring it home!

Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Double post
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Jason P said:

I like it when you are taking your time and driving relatively conservatively. IMO it really gets you to look at the surroundings more, notice pedestrians, etc.
    However, it is tough/impossible when involved in some sort of chase
    The first person mode is great for randomly running up and knocking out strangers.
    Idris said:

Got an Oculus Rift waiting (at my work shop) for me to play around with...I'm excited, Can't wait to bring it home!

Nice. Post details for sure.
  • Options

Rygar said:

Thanks. Hoping to get it on disc though, for some reason Im not a huge fan of downloading games
    I can relate a little. But once you break that digital seal it's a free for all ;)
    Some of the digital sales on XBL deals with gold have been too good to ignore, that worked for me.
  • Options
    Ended up getting it on eBay but then saw best buy has it for 4 bucks more brand new.....oh well
  • Options
    I did pick up Fifa 15 for 30 bucks though
  • Options
    Idris said:

• Options
    Haha nice one JP
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Quick write up.

Virtual Reality is quite amazing, the future (potential) of VR is huge.

and one day we'll be like that guy from the 'Do the Evolution' video, Well some of us anyway, The fortune ones.

(I think the consumer version(s) is out next year)

Its time to live in a world more artificial than the one we live in now. (exciting times)
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    Idris said:

Quick write up.

Virtual Reality is quite amazing, the future (potential) of VR is huge.

and one day we'll be like that guy from the 'Do the Evolution' video, Well some of us anyway, The fortune ones.

(I think the consumer version(s) is out next year)

Its time to live in a world more artificial than the one we live in now. (exciting times)

I'll bring the tall boys!

Now ... GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!
  • Options
    Downloading Far Cry 4. It let me play the prologue and now it is installing. So far, so fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Jason P said:

Downloading Far Cry 4. It let me play the prologue and now it is installing. So far, so fun!

I've heard great things. I will most likely pick it up. I think that one and Dragon Age will be the only two I get for awhile. I'm starting to get funny looks from my lovely lady friend when I come home with a different game every two days.
  • Options
    Looking into the future: Samsung Gear VR review

engadget.com/2014/12/17/samsung-gear-vr-review/?ncid=rss_truncated
  • Options
    So I just finished Assassin's Creed Unity. I thought it was a really solid game. I know lots of people have had issues, especially on the pc and ps4 edition. I managed to play through the whole thing without issue and I've had it since day one. Way too many pointless collectable chests and what not. The amount of side missions is pretty insane. I wouldn't mind if they had more to do with the story line and affected the outcome more.
    I do however, think it's bullshit they keep releasing bug riddled games and patching them afterwards. All to get it out for the holidays. Hopefully the disaster ubisoft is going through will cause companies to wise up.
  • Options
    Ok gamers, my girlfriend doesn't play a whole lot of games but she loves her Wii. I bought her the U for xmas and I haven't messed with Nintendo in a long time. What are the must haves? What extra gear is worth picking up? Assume cost isn't relevant and think of strictly what is worth getting please. Little help here, lol.
  • Options
    Ok gamers, my girlfriend doesn't play a whole lot of games but she loves her Wii. I bought her the U for xmas and I haven't messed with Nintendo in a long time. What are the must haves? What extra gear is worth picking up? Assume cost isn't relevant and think of strictly what is worth getting please. Little help here, lol.

Mario Kart 8
    Mario Bros
    Toads Treasure Hunt
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    ANyone know if you currently have Advanced Warfare on a PS3 (Disc), if you upgrade to a PS4, does your progress transfer over with it?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    @JV130312 I believe multiplayer will, not sure about solo.

@PJfanwillneverleave1‌ thanks!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Couldn't wait on Gamefly any longer and went and bought Dragon Age. 3 days off and a cold. Time to marinate on the couch for days
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Mario Kart and Mario World 3D are both great. I got the pro controller as well.

I got Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, but that's a remake. It's good but the controls are a little wonky when making multiple jumps.

Smash Bros is supposed to be great, but fighting games have a short shelf life for me.

Bayonette 2 is a WiiU exclusive and is supposed to be a really good action game.

The link below will give you a good idea of what is good:

metacritic.com/feature/25-best-wii-u-games