Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Ok, as I mentioned, Ive been playing Assasins creed Black Flag. Cool game. So I went to see if I should get a previous game in the series or maybe the next one to come out. There are too many versions to figure out what to get! has anyone played previous releases? Any suggestions which are good?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    How in the hell can you lack a Season Mode and release the game?????? That's the meat and potatos of a sports game. Tecmo pretty much set the bar back in the 80's.

This is a travashamockery. This is EA.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629

Ok, as I mentioned, Ive been playing Assasins creed Black Flag. Cool game. So I went to see if I should get a previous game in the series or maybe the next one to come out. There are too many versions to figure out what to get! has anyone played previous releases? Any suggestions which are good?

I havent played it, but I have heard the second one is the best in the series (in Italy?)
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I havent played it, but I have heard the second one is the best in the series (in Italy?)
    Cool, I 'll search that one. I just with they would number them all (II, III, IV, etc...), instead of "Brotherhood," "revelations," ect...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I have played the 1st one, the Revolutionary War one, and Black Flag.

Black Flag is the best of the 3. Revolutionary War one was OK, but took a long time to really get the game started and by then I was about bored with it and moved on... intending to return but never did. The 1st one was great at first but became extremely repetitive.
  • Options
    Downloaded Destiny on PSN las night. The download took 5 minutes but the install took an estimated 6 hours. Did anybody else download it and have it take that long to install? I had the same problem with Madden. Seems like an crazy amount of time to install on a next gen system.
  • Options
    I played Destiny. Slogging through the tutorial parts was fine. I like the feel of the game. It seems like I have more control than a typical FPS. Some very cool weapons and armors. I also like how there is some degree of dungeon-diving and hidden loot crates. I did stumble into an underground lair that was filled with ??? - level enemies who wasted me instantly.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I played Destiny. Slogging through the tutorial parts was fine. I like the feel of the game. It seems like I have more control than a typical FPS. Some very cool weapons and armors. I also like how there is some degree of dungeon-diving and hidden loot crates. I did stumble into an underground lair that was filled with ??? - level enemies who wasted me instantly.

What class did you start as? I'm considering titan or warlock.

(that last sentence made me feel like a dork)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Watched some Destiny play on the link that Kat shared and caught myself laughing at the comments being made and the player's response to them more than the game. Looks badass, I am not going to give hours & hours to MMO...just dont have the time and have just started with Madden 15.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason P said:

What class did you start as? I'm considering titan or warlock.

(that last sentence made me feel like a dork)

lol.

I did Warlock. So far not regretting it
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780
    Proudly letting my geek flag fly... :D
    This Skyrim Mage will go with Human Warlock in Destiny first but down the road, I'm thinking Exo Titan and then Awoken Hunter. I'm looking forward to trying to save what's left of the world. I changed my order and now my game won't arrive until late Thursday. Be Legend. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Finally got Destiny up and running! Hunter Human, but I'm thinking I should rather be a warlock.

Anyway, I think its gonna take me a few hrs to get a feel for this game, and I reckon this will be a game I play late nights, it feels weird playing it right now at 2:30 in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Yeah, Its going to be good late at night.

Love it with headphones.

Probably will get to the point of interaction tonight which is where it is make or break for me.
  • Options
    Idris said:

Finally got Destiny up and running! Hunter Human, but I'm thinking I should rather be a warlock.

Anyway, I think its gonna take me a few hrs to get a feel for this game, and I reckon this will be a game I play late nights, it feels weird playing it right now at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Digging the PS4?
  • Options
    Can you join random people for missions or do you need to have a friends list?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I have played the 1st one, the Revolutionary War one, and Black Flag.

Black Flag is the best of the 3. Revolutionary War one was OK, but took a long time to really get the game started and by then I was about bored with it and moved on... intending to return but never did. The 1st one was great at first but became extremely repetitive.

Cool, thanks for the input. I found Black Flag to be a lot of fun, yet pretty repetitive. But I played it while laid up post-surgery, so I didnt care haha... I may just wait for this new one to come out.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Idris said:

Digging the PS4?
    I was trying to stream something onto the PS4 via my router, but apparently it's not supported! (I could do it on the PS3) so that kinda sucks.

The load/install times have been a bit annoying, but whatever.
    -
    Otherwise nothing (else/yet) to really complain about.
  • Options
    Ended up going with the Hunter class after doing some research. It fits the style I used in Elder Scrolls. I prefer agility to armor.

I just wish I had Mehrunes' Razor and 100 sneak power. :P

So far I'm digging the game. I've had success asking random players to join my fire team and it's been pretty cool. So far it's been just me and another person. Playing with six would be a blast.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P said:

I just wish I had Mehrunes' Razor and 100 sneak power. :P

:))

Great, now I want to play Skyrim....
  • Options
    Some nerd (others may refer to as hero) spent seven months killing everyone in Fallout 3. Total of 3012 dead folk.

kotaku.com/meet-the-guy-who-spent-seven-months-killing-everyone-in-1629588651
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Some nerd (others may refer to as hero) spent seven months killing everyone in Fallout 3. Total of 3012 dead folk.

kotaku.com/meet-the-guy-who-spent-seven-months-killing-everyone-in-1629588651

*tips my hat

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Man, I stayed away from nhl 14, and now nhl 15 looks even worse...
    Anyone else into Titanfall (360), been playing it and I'm a fan, better than cod where you spawn and die, game actually gives you a chance to do something.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Funny quote from Gamespot's review of NHL 15 ...

The only way that EA could further annoy hockey fans with this game would be if the company had Gary Bettman personally deliver every copy.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    a5pj said:

Man, I stayed away from nhl 14, and now nhl 15 looks even worse...
    Anyone else into Titanfall (360), been playing it and I'm a fan, better than cod where you spawn and die, game actually gives you a chance to do something.

Titanfall looks pretty amazing, buuuut, only Xbox!
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    EA has to be kicking themselves for making Titanfall an exclusive on xbox1 after seeing the buttload of money Activision made on Tuesday with Destiny.
  • Options
    Yeah, I must say that I've been in and out of shooters. Back to Unreal tournament (the best!), played a little cod, etc. But titanfall has kept my attention now for a while, always something new to do, and there's more strategy than just learning spawn spots like cod. I think the next cod is going to incorporate more vertical maps, which they're stealing from titan.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Who pre ordered the Evil Within? Some good looking games coming out next month.

Old stuff, but I just finished the MGS V: Ground Zeroes game. Loved it for what it was. A nice little taste to prepare me for Phantom Pain.
    The ability to plug headphones right into the controller on PS4 is a nice little touch.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I picked up NHL 15. I'm new to this series..... Any gameplay pointers? I kill the computer on rookie but get smoked on pro....
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

I picked up NHL 15. I'm new to this series..... Any gameplay pointers? I kill the computer on rookie but get smoked on pro....

was looking at getting this soon, merely because they are gonna shut down the servers for 13 soon, and it comes with $25 off gamecenter, which i use since we cut the cord from cable.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Anybody playing Destiny on the xbox one? Just started it. Anybody have any tips?