Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,632
    Anyone else get Watch Dogs yet?

I played it for an hour and so far I guess I like it. It is a bit confusing at first as the "tutorial" portion isnt very helpful/comprehensive. Kind of dumped right in. So right now all the controls and items, skills, etc seem overwhelming. If I can get the whole system down the game has a lot of potential.
    I went vigilante on 2 crimes and didnt really understand what was happening. I hacked someone and there was a text conversation I didnt understand, then sent me to a waypoint where I had to hack a camera and find a potential criminal and spy on him until a meter went up and I had to intervene by chasing the guy down and tackling him.

Jury is out I guess.

I guess this, Assassin's Creed, and The Show are probably the best 3 PS4 has so far.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Mario Golf on the 3DS is pretty good. There is no manual so it is kind of hard to figure out how to open up courses. Best golf game I've played in a while as Tiger has been pretty stagnet over the years. Tiger 95 was probably the best golf game ever.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    edited May 2014
    MayDay10 said:

My ps4 overall... While a great machine has really been underused. Too few games. However business is starting to pick up with the show and watch dogs coming out. Really gutted about NCAA foorball

Do NOT buy MLB The Show. As someone who's bought it for the past six years and is awesome at it (75% online winning percentage), I can tell you that this year's game (on PS3 AND PS4) is the most glitched, flawed, unprofessionally made video game ever released. I returned it to Gamestop last week (felt like I was putting a kid up for adoption or something). DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

I'm talking about online play. Offline play, which I've never tried before, apparently works okay. But online play is completely broken.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I love this year's The Show. So far it seems to be the most realistic out-of-the-box sports game I have ever played. Still a few frustrating things (running the bases is a major PITA) and leadoffs are dumb, but it is outstanding.

Of course I am a solitaire/simulation offline gamer.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I love this year's The Show. So far it seems to be the most realistic out-of-the-box sports game I have ever played. Still a few frustrating things (running the bases is a major PITA) and leadoffs are dumb, but it is outstanding.

Of course I am a solitaire/simulation offline gamer.

Oh well then you'll be fine. I can't imagine playing a sports video game against the computer but to each their own. But online play is totally broken on the Show. Totally unprofessinal and the developers should be shot (well that might be a bit much.) Like I said, I've taken it back to Gamestop despite it being my favorite video game. Too many hard-freezes.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I hate online gaming, mainly sports. Cheater, glitchers, and quitters. I play straight up. I would try to use actual strategy. In Madden I would call plays and spread them out as opposed to everyone's 1 play that works every time, or in hockey, I will play good defense and not go for whatever goal that edition is easy to put in. I also played games out no matter if losing or not.

My last game ever was on Madden, maybe 07. I was the shitty Bills, (everyone was always one of 3-4 of the best teams). Was playing against someone who was the Falcons. They had a play with Vick where he would roll out and you had a choice to go after him or leave a WR wide as can be. Was 21-0. Finally found out how to defend it, had a great comeback, was 21-21 late in the 3rd quarter and I intercepted the ball. The cocksucker paused it and quit. That was it for me.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I hate online gaming, mainly sports. Cheater, glitchers, and quitters. I play straight up. I would try to use actual strategy. In Madden I would call plays and spread them out as opposed to everyone's 1 play that works every time, or in hockey, I will play good defense and not go for whatever goal that edition is easy to put in. I also played games out no matter if losing or not.

My last game ever was on Madden, maybe 07. I was the shitty Bills, (everyone was always one of 3-4 of the best teams). Was playing against someone who was the Falcons. They had a play with Vick where he would roll out and you had a choice to go after him or leave a WR wide as can be. Was 21-0. Finally found out how to defend it, had a great comeback, was 21-21 late in the 3rd quarter and I intercepted the ball. The cocksucker paused it and quit. That was it for me.

Yeah you might deal with a cheater/glitcher from time to time online but otherwise it's fun competition against another player. The A.I. of the computer on Madden and The Show isn't any smarter than the A.I. on Sega Genesis and thus, way to easy to beat and boring to play....for me anyway.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Did anyone pony-up and fund Star Citizen?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    MayDay10 said:

I generally don't play many online games. Really the only ones I've played over the last 5 years were Call of Duty and GTA 5 online...and I haven't gotten a COD game in years. Also, Dark Souls (1 and 2)...which online is pretty much required.
    I love the Show (still haven't gotten this one) but after a number of attempts over the years to actually play online....no thanks!
    Baseball is a game of perfect timing and execution. Even with my fast internet connect, it was too laggy to be enjoyable. I basically play the Show for Road to the Show. I could play that for hours on end. hahaha
  • Options
    The only online I play is usually racing. Every once in a while I play Battlefield. Even though I suck there is still the "holy shit, did you see that!" moments that draw me back into it.

I've had the same problem with sports games in the past where people just quit if they are losing. But I do like to see how a rank on leader boards.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I love online play. Sports/racing games can be really great online as long as you find the right people to play against.

Now I've yet to pick up the PS4, was waiting on more games to come out. Mainly Baseball and some racing games (driveclub out in October?)

• Options
    Picked up WatchDogs today. Played for an hour or so. I think it's pretty good. Very entertaining!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited May 2014
    mca47 said:

Picked up WatchDogs today. Played for an hour or so. I think it's pretty good. Very entertaining!

The only complaints I heard were about frustrations while driving.
    I don't think I'll pick it up but the graphics for ps4 looked fantastic.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

mca47 said:

The only complaints I heard were about frustrations while driving.
    I don't think I'll pick it up but the graphics for ps4 looked fantastic.
    Yeah, driving controls take some "getting used to". The first time I had to chase a dude down in a car I crashed into pretty much everything along the way. Hahahaha!
    I then found a sweet ass car, stole it and while it was fast, it was really hard to control.
  • Options
    Updated? PS4 due out soon. (few months)

I'm guessing with a price cut and more internal memory...hopefully a slimmer version as well.
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    I have been addicted to Might &Magic : Clash of Heros on the xbox 360. I play it everyday, so simple, but so fun.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just got a PS4...kinda pissed that you cant get Outlast for free via the PS+ anymore. Boo.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Just got a PS4...kinda pissed that you cant get Outlast for free via the PS+ anymore. Boo.

It wasn't that good of a game IMO anyways. Kinda creepy, but annoying.

• Options
    A few more hours into Watchdogs. Pretty good game. I've got the controls down now, but the driving still annoys me. The driving controls seem like it's either really unresponsive or overly responsive. "Why can't I turn? Oh shit, I just turned too much and crashed into a wall!" :fp:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Signed up for the Beta of Battlefield:Hardline. Cops vs Robbers. Pretty cool. Tough learning curve for me playing this online never having played before.

Looks pretty good, shit ton of action.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Downloaded Hearth Stone: Heros of Warcraft on my ipad last night and enjoyed it. It's free to play and doesn't seem intrusive on forcing you to buy stuff and Blizzard did a real nice job on the presentation. It's a card / fight game which is a genre I haven't spent much time with, but the tuturial made it easy to understand.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,790
    Has anyone sold anything to Gamestop or a place like that recently? I'm looking to upgrade to an Xbox One. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Have a bunch of xbox 360 games and 4 controllers as well. Just wondering how much I could get for the systems....doubt I'd get much at all for the games.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Has anyone sold anything to Gamestop or a place like that recently? I'm looking to upgrade to an Xbox One. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Have a bunch of xbox 360 games and 4 controllers as well. Just wondering how much I could get for the systems....doubt I'd get much at all for the games.

My local Gamestop is offering me 48 cash or 60 dollars store credit for a 40gb PS3, games very from 2cents to 25 dollars, depending.
  • Options
    The Neverwinter Nights MMO is coming to XB1 as F2P.

Also EA subscription service coming to XB1 as well. $30 a year, free games, early demos, discounts....a lot of potential here, but could as easily be a disaster.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

The Neverwinter Nights MMO is coming to XB1 as F2P.

Also EA subscription service coming to XB1 as well. $30 a year, free games, early demos, discounts....a lot of potential here, but could as easily be a disaster.

I think you are required to spend another $30 in lube if you get the EA subscription. It's mentioned in the fine print.
  • Options
    Maybe!
    Depends on what their 'free game(s)' end up being yearly.
  • Options
    I don't remember an EA game I've wanted to play in some time. Well, that's not true. NHL '14 was pretty good.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Tomodachi for the 3ds is one of the weirdest games I've bought in a long, long time.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I'm a huge 3ds fan boy by the way. If you have one, send me your friend code!
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Anyone play diablo 3 on xb1?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati