Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Based on RBI baseball, it's a shame that Dale Murphy and Tim Raines aren't in the HOF.
  • Options
    I downloaded the demo which lets you play three innings .... which goes by pretty fast. CPU kicked the crap out of me.

It wasn't bad but I don't think this is worth $20. I'm sticking with the original.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

I downloaded the demo which lets you play three innings .... which goes by pretty fast. CPU kicked the crap out of me.

It wasn't bad but I don't think this is worth $20. I'm sticking with the original.

I couldn't resist and bought it. I have played the first 3 games as yanks vs astros. Have scored one run total and got mercy ruled in the first game. Nowhere near as easy as the original.
  • Options
    MLB 14 for PS4 looks incredible.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Jason P said:

MLB 14 for PS4 looks incredible.

Just saw a trailer. Wow!
    Can't wait to get my hands on that!

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    This is the game I'm looking forward to the most:

Watch_Dogs: Welcome To Chicago: http://youtu.be/r9yNUOA8RAk
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,632
    Played a couple inning of The Show on PS4 during lunch.

It is amazing. Quick Count mode is awesome
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    I just fired up the playstation 3 after YEARS away from gaming. Used to smoke and play every day but that was 10 years ago at least. Wife is prego and in the last month so that means I am not meant to get sloppy drunk on Friday/Saturday night watching PJ videos or whatever else amuses me. [Could need to drive her to the hospital]
    Decided it would be a good time to get a PS3 on the cheap and I can play my brother in VT online at night while we are both just kicking around.
    Ordered on the bay, along with Fight Night, Madden 25, MLB The Show 14, Woods 14, and NHL 14.
    Holy fuckballs did the games get tougher or what?! They dont print any instructions so I have to write down all of the commands but playing 2014 NHL and 2014 MLB The Show is pretty frigging difficult.

I love it, going to cause me to burn many hours that I shouldn't burn -- and enjoy them -- but wow, the last 10 years are night and day in the control depth on these systems. My brother (who has smoked/played consistently during my 10 year hiatus lol) is going to destroy me online!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    edited May 2014
    A month or so ago Steam had a great sale; time flies it might have even been xmas but anyway, I picked up a Bioshock bundle. It had Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite and all for just $20. I recently started Bioshock and loved it so I did Bioshock 2 and didn't like it at first but then I did. They didn't seem dated at all but the mechanics were a bit different in B2 and I wasn't as fast as I'd have liked so I died a lot. :D ...great stories though. Any tips for Bioshock Infinite? Anyone play it?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I believe most games come with electronic instructions now... you can also probably find them online/print.

A lot of controls, especially with sports games are unnecessary to succeeding IMO
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Kat said:

A month or so ago Steam had a great sale; time flies it might have even been xmas but anyway, I picked up a Bioshock bundle. It had Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite and all for just $20. I recently started Bioshock and loved it so I did Bioshock 2 and didn't like it at first but then I did. They didn't seem dated at all but the mechanics were a bit different in B2 and I wasn't as fast as I'd have liked so I died a lot. :D ...great stories though. Any tips for Bioshock Infinite? Anyone play it?

Bioshock Infinite is the easiest of the 3, and a looot more fun than 2 (I liked 1 and Infinite and hated 2).
    You won't need tips, just get going and it will all come together. Great game!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Funny how we all posted at the same time. Sorry I'm in between your answer MayDay. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Played a couple inning of The Show on PS4 during lunch.

It is amazing. Quick Count mode is awesome

Yeah, I'm gonna pick it up this weekend.
    Can't wait
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Kat said:

I've only played bioshock infinite-- I dont usually like first person shooters-- in fact, I avoid them like the plague. So, I might not be the best to listen to. I loved the game for a few days.. I was blown away by it actually. Then I was suddenly bored to tears at the repetitive nature. I gave up on it about half way through.

What's weird is I love the repetitive nature of games like Assassins Creed Black flag-- Love this game, so i'm all over the place haha
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    MayDay10 said:

I believe most games come with electronic instructions now... you can also probably find them online/print.

A lot of controls, especially with sports games are unnecessary to succeeding IMO

Yeah I probably should have printed from a site only...I did find them in the game and transcribed the ones I thought were most important to being "capable" at the game.

NHL 2014 is going to suck away hours and hours of my life. I lost to your Sabres with my Kings the first game I played and I immediately hit rematch and lost; albeit a much closer outcome the 2nd time losing 3-2 in OT. I will keep at this until I get the hang of it again.

This thread made me think of the awesome Leroy Jenkins, Chicken Eater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LkCNJRfSZBU#t=168

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I'm pretty stoked for Watchdogs also.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    The Show is really good for PS4. I like the gameplay for the most part. It seems like baserunning has become tougher to control. I have been playing all the spring training games just to get acclimated.

I played through Outlast. Its an OK game. If you play it at night with headphones and the lights out it gets real tweaky which is what it is supposed to do. Extremely gruesome horror "movie". However, on Normal difficulty, you learn before long that you can frantically run around and get away from most enemies. It was also kind of a bummer that there are just 3-4 types of enemies that kept repeating... unless they were supposed to be the same guys? I came barely short of a few "collectables" achievements and I dont think Ill go back to get them.
    I got the add on, and I will play it.
  • Options
    Xbox180 is dropping $100 and the Kinect after taking a whooping from PS4. There still are not a lot of games to justify either system although I'm thinking about getting The Show although I don't know if I will have the time to invest learning the controls.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Jason P said:

Xbox180 is dropping $100 and the Kinect after taking a whooping from PS4. There still are not a lot of games to justify either system although I'm thinking about getting The Show although I don't know if I will have the time to invest learning the controls.

This is good news, where did you hear that?
    I will still probably pick up and XB1 at some point down the road. No interest in a ps4 tho.

Edit: oh 100 for an XB1 without a kinect, got it.

Post edited by Rygar on
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I will still probably pick up and XB1 at some point down the road. No interest in a ps4 tho.

I've been happy with the PS4 so far, but overall in general I haven't played nearly as much video games in the last year or so.

Xbox180 still needs to solve the hard drive issue. A non-upgradable 500GB hard drive is unaccceptable. I don't know what the hell Microsoft was thinking, especially since they were going to require you to download the entire game to your HD originally.

I was going to download The Show on PS4 until I saw it was nearly 40GB.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I've been happy with the PS4 so far, but overall in general I haven't played nearly as much video games in the last year or so.

Xbox180 still needs to solve the hard drive issue. A non-upgradable 500GB hard drive is unaccceptable. I don't know what the hell Microsoft was thinking, especially since they were going to require you to download the entire game to your HD originally.

I agree on the HD issue. They've got external storage support coming but that still isn't as good. I expect I will be waiting until they refresh the hardware like they did with the 360 anyway. There isn't enough games (for either system) to justify me getting one and I have such a back log of games for 360 and PS3 that I have lots to play still anyway.

40G is huge!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

The Show is really good for PS4. I like the gameplay for the most part. It seems like baserunning has become tougher to control. I have been playing all the spring training games just to get acclimated.

I played through Outlast. Its an OK game. If you play it at night with headphones and the lights out it gets real tweaky which is what it is supposed to do. Extremely gruesome horror "movie". However, on Normal difficulty, you learn before long that you can frantically run around and get away from most enemies. It was also kind of a bummer that there are just 3-4 types of enemies that kept repeating... unless they were supposed to be the same guys? I came barely short of a few "collectables" achievements and I dont think Ill go back to get them.
    I got the add on, and I will play it.

Yeah, I played it for a hour or so. It def had it's "whoa"/jumping moments but for the most part I wasn't a fan. The whole time I wanted the character to be able to reach down, grab a board and beat the shit out of them rather than having to run around and hide in a locker. hahaha
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I agree on the HD issue. They've got external storage support coming but that still isn't as good. I expect I will be waiting until they refresh the hardware like they did with the 360 anyway. There isn't enough games (for either system) to justify me getting one and I have such a back log of games for 360 and PS3 that I have lots to play still anyway.

40G is huge!
    Yeah, I want to go out and get the Show but told myself I have to finish my PS3 games first before I get any more PS4 games.
    Still playing Dark Souls 2. I think I'm towards the end....maybe.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I'm still not into the digital download of games yet. They are way too fn big and I still like the idea of a disk. That said, I do download a bunch of the free games on the PSN. Play them then delete em.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I'm still not into the digital download of games yet. They are way too fn big and I still like the idea of a disk. That said, I do download a bunch of the free games on the PSN. Play them then delete em.
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I have not been a fan of digital games but have become a fan of them for the 3DS. Beats carrying tons of games around.

They are a convenience more and more since the game deals have went the way of the Do Do. Amazon used to have amazing deals like three years ago but now they are more in line with Best Buy in their pricing and discounts.
  • Options
    My ps4 overall... While a great machine has really been underused. Too few games. However business is starting to pick up with the show and watch dogs coming out. Really gutted about NCAA foorball
  • Options
    Jason P said:

mca47 said:

I have not been a fan of digital games but have become a fan of them for the 3DS. Beats carrying tons of games around.

They are a convenience more and more since the game deals have went the way of the Do Do. Amazon used to have amazing deals like three years ago but now they are more in line with Best Buy in their pricing and discounts.
    I am a bit with both of you here. The recent deals on XBL for some games (5-10 dollars for full games I'm actually interested in) has seen me buying a few lately, and the two free games a month also push the digital download method.
    I still prefer physical copies but I'm warming up to downloads.

Space is an issue!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Picking up a PS4 in the next couple of weeks. Watch Dogs will be played.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Gameplay vids for Destiny are out.
    They're hyping it so much I feel like I'm the only one who isn't interested in this game at all :P
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

Picking up a PS4 in the next couple of weeks. Watch Dogs will be played.

Man that will be badass on Ps4. I havent upgraded yet, so i was happy to see it will be avialable on ps3 too.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)