Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Idris wrote:
    Forza 5 really looks good, almost makes me wanna get an X box One.
    200 cars and less tracks than FM4 makes me want to cancel my pre-order. DLC plans get a little more obvious ;)

On another note, 50 dollars for console Angry Birds Star Wars??
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Damn ... I just got 3 PS4 games in the mail today and then this deal comes out. oh well, gives me an excuse to load up on three more.

So far I got Battlefield 4, Killzone, and AC4. Looks like I will be getting NFS Rivals and NBA2k ... need to figure out the third game ... I'm thinking Madden but not sure I have faith that EA is going to have a solid push out of the gate. The first Madden game for the Xbox was a joke. Might give Knack a try
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Damn ... I just got 3 PS4 games in the mail today and then this deal comes out. oh well, gives me an excuse to load up on three more.

So far I got Battlefield 4, Killzone, and AC4. Looks like I will be getting NFS Rivals and NBA2k ... need to figure out the third game ... I'm thinking Madden but not sure I have faith that EA is going to have a solid push out of the gate. The first Madden game for the Xbox was a joke. Might give Knack a try
    Which deal?
    Best Buy reward zone email today says Killzone and Knack together and save $20.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Which deal?
    at 12 EST amazon has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on PS4 games
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Which deal?
    at 12 EST amazon has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on PS4 games
    Well that's certainly better than save $20 dollars.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    The new Forza does look good!!!! Not a racing fan...though I did play some GT back in the day. Should be an immediate pickup for Xbone fans.
  • Options
    I'll be picking up the new XCom on Friday. I really enjoyed the first one and this expansion/reimagining looks even better and it seems it will add more variety to gameplay.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    The new Forza does look good!!!! Not a racing fan...though I did play some GT back in the day. Should be an immediate pickup for Xbone fans.
    Forza has been a safe bet since F2. GT and Forza are my system-sellers, usually. Both very good but they are fairly different from each other (especially in the physics department). Just seems like this one might be intentionally leaving stuff out to boost digital sales down the road.

That, and since I don't know when I'll bother getting an XB1 there could be a platinum hits version when I do!

Also - I haven't finished Forza 4 and GT6 is coming out in a month, woot!
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Rygar wrote:

as much as I love the GT series, I'm not buying anymore PS3 games, so will be skipping GT6.

DriveClub for PS4 looks good too, but sadly delayed.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

as much as I love the GT series, I'm not buying anymore PS3 games, so will be skipping GT6.

Because you're getting a PS4?
    I'm the opposite, I am going to make the current gen last a while I think.
    I haven't watched enough DC videos to understand what it is all about.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Rygar wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Because you're getting a PS4?
    I'm the opposite, I am going to make the current gen last a while I think.
    I haven't watched enough DC videos to understand what it is all about.

once I get PS4, my PS3 will just be for blu rays. Hmmmm, I figured DriveClub is not really about anything, just racing!
  • Options
    Santa Amazon has left his north pole transite warehouse with his eight trusty FedEx trucks and is on his way to my chimney with dreams of playstations! :P

Looks like the exclusives aren't getting the best reviews ... Knack especially. Oh well. I figured most my time would focus on AC4 and Battlefield.
  • Options
    PS4 first impressions ... Pretty easy to set up ... The new controller is MUCH better then the PS3, gives the 360 controller an honest run for the money ... Played three games for a limited time ... NBA2K is amazing and I see this being my go to sports game for the next year until NHL15 is unveiled ... Killzone had such a slow start I stopped playing and switched to AC4 ... AC4 looked and played great

The servers were a little slow so I think I will wait a week until I try out Battlefield

It make little noise and is smaller the the 360 elite. It lets you play while it installs the game. NBA2k let me play a game between the heat and spurs ... Instead of play by play, it played music until the 4th quarter when that part was installed. That is a nice change from the ps3.

There is no power brick. It appears to be a well engineered machine.

As noted the setup was super easy. Especially compared to the WiiU where after 2 frustrating hours of getting it setup I was waiting for the doorbell to ring and when I answered the door Mario himself would kick me in the nuts.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the GTA Diaries on Gamespot.com? Fn hilarious!!!
    Check it out! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    After all the hype over Xbox1 and PS4 exclusives, Nintendo quietly comes out of the bushes and smacks one out of the park with Super Mario 3D World for what appears to be the award winner for next-gen game of the year.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:
    After all the hype over Xbox1 and PS4 exclusives, Nintendo quietly comes out of the bushes and smacks one out of the park with Super Mario 3D World for what appears to be the award winner for next-gen game of the year.

nintendo clearly doesn't have as an extensive library that the xbox or playstation has to offer, but damn... their MUST have games are absolute grand slams. it's phenomenal really.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

nintendo clearly doesn't have as an extensive library that the xbox or playstation has to offer, but damn... their MUST have games are absolute grand slams. it's phenomenal really.
    Yup. They have an endless well of Marios and Zeldas that never goes dry or stale.

I will be downloading this when I get home.
  • Options
    The new Mario game is bad ass fun :D

It plays great both solo and co-op. My friends that usually don't play games were jumping in and having a blast.

I think the WiiU will slowly catch fire like the 3DS has once they get 5 gems like this out there. And they need to fix the menu system which has a more sinister difficulty level then any of their games.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    My PS4 arrives tomorrow. Was looking for it unsuccessfully over a week. Was up in the middle of the night Thursday and checked Amazon. They had an item for sale called "Not For Sale, Replacement Playstation 4". So I bought it for $399. Link was gone immediately after I purchased. Friday and Saturday pass with nothing. Figured I just needed to either cancel the order or let them keep my money.
    Sunday morning, I get a shipping notification and it gets here Tuesday.

I bought NBA2K14 and Madden. Excited for NBA game. Im not an NBA fan which should make it fun.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    anyone ever play everquest?

i never have, but i stayed at the original designer's house in san diego last week. he is married to a friend of mine.

we did geek out over some old atari 5200 though :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I got my PS4

it is good.

Anyone need (want) one? I may have an in for one from Sam's Club. They took an order from me to pick it up from the store on the 16th, cancelled it as they didnt have the stock. Now they sent me an exclusive link to order one (I presume it would ship next week?)

MCA?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I got my PS4

it is good.

Anyone need (want) one? I may have an in for one from Sam's Club. They took an order from me to pick it up from the store on the 16th, cancelled it as they didnt have the stock. Now they sent me an exclusive link to order one (I presume it would ship next week?)

MCA?

Yeah, I'm in! PM me the details! :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    Ok. I suggest you see if you can pull one tomorrow or Friday anyway. I think it is good through the weekend...
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    On the way back from Wisconsin, I did a eight hour session on the Legend of Zelda: a link to the past 2 on the 3DS. It may be the first Zelda game I beat :)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    On the way back from Wisconsin, I did a eight hour session on the Legend of Zelda: a link to the past 2 on the 3DS. It may be the first Zelda game I beat :)
    The Iron Man!
  • Options
    3 weeks now and EA has yet to fix Battlefield for the PS4. No wonder they are one of the most despised companies in the world.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:

i still can't believe you haven't beat a zelda game!

i youtube a couple gameplay clips and it looks fantastic. asked the lady to pick it up for me for christmas :)
  • Options
    Got my PS4 a couple days ago. Thanks again MayDay10!!! :D
    I like it quite a bit.
    The new controller is nice. Feels a little strange still, but in a good way.
    The UI/XMB is super fast and easy to use. Popping in and out of games is quick.
    The system is also super quiet. Even with a disc running, you can barely hear the damn thing. My "slim" PS3 is waaaaaay louder.
    Been playing AC...fun game. I haven't played a AC game since, I think Brotherhood...so I'm still trying to re-learn the controls.

Downloaded Resogun. Simple game, but challenging.